Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.16.2013, 11:00 AM   #17221
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
grindhouse part 1- planet terror

fucking awesome, palomita! great terrible movie. a++ cuz it delivers the goods.

ps- the machete trailer was awesome too

ps- rose mcgowan was super hot in this movie then she got plastic surgery. fucking moron!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2013, 08:22 PM   #17222
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
grindhouse part 1- planet terror

fucking awesome, palomita! great terrible movie. a++ cuz it delivers the goods.

ps- the machete trailer was awesome too

ps- rose mcgowan was super hot in this movie then she got plastic surgery. fucking moron!

Loved it! I still can't stand Death Proof and I'm not a big fan of all Rodriguez's stuff but PT was great. Love the bit when the hero has to ride a miniature motorbike, and the whole barbecue subplot. Tellingly, the only scene I didn't like was the one with Tarantino.

--

The Shooting

On paper I should've loved this but it left me cold.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2013, 08:40 AM   #17223
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Got some stuff from the Redbox and it was slim pickings

Allright stuff. some good tension in beginning. NOT the best movie of last year by a long shot, but Hollywood loves to pat themselves on the back. Horrible last 30 minutes though. straight up fake drama, having the two "producers" be held up by a film shoot just outside the offices where they have to be to cover for the mission. stupid. I give it a 5/10.

BRUTAL. STRAIGHT BRUTAL. horrible So Horrible. The biggest waste of Buscemi I have ever seen. Why do people still think this fucker from 40year virgin is a good actor? He is fucking horrible. Dead eyes and face, like he sucked assholes to get his career and he now hates it. the WORST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN 2013. 1/10
Old 08.19.2013, 04:16 PM   #17224
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Loved it! I still can't stand Death Proof and I'm not a big fan of all Rodriguez's stuff but PT was great. Love the bit when the hero has to ride a miniature motorbike, and the whole barbecue subplot. Tellingly, the only scene I didn't like was the one with Tarantino.

death proof except for the last 15 or so minutes was an unbearable piece of shit. watched it this weekend. went to sleep in the middle of it and finished it the next day. we were saying "fucking zombies ate the budget and tarantino had to show just a bunch of people yapping", that sort of thing. well the budget was good for all the car shit though, i mean, eventually, fuck! yes there were disturbing moments here and there but ugh! only the final sequence was good. rodriguez kicked his ass on this one. i mean, if it was a competition (it had to be) rodriguez wins by K.O. plus the machete trailer, fuck yeah!
Old 08.19.2013, 05:41 PM   #17225
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
DP is one of the very few films that I genuinely hate. I was ready to write off Tarantino altogether until I saw Django, which I really liked. I was actually preparing myself to loathe it and was almost annoyed when about half way through I had to admit to myself that it's actually really good.

You mention liking the Machete trailer. Have you seen the actual film? It's great.
Old 08.20.2013, 08:25 AM   #17226
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Machete is OK. I got bored about 20 minutes in.
Old 08.20.2013, 08:36 AM   #17227
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
DP is one of the very few films that I genuinely hate.

like hanging out with a bunch of boring people for 2 hours. terrible.

Quote:
I was ready to write off Tarantino altogether until I saw Django, which I really liked.

so you didn't like inglorious basterds? that was actually pretty good. and funny.

Quote:
You mention liking the Machete trailer. Have you seen the actual film? It's great.

no, but i will soon!
Old 08.20.2013, 09:49 AM   #17228
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so you didn't like inglorious basterds? that was actually pretty good. and funny.

That was the movie where the penny finally dropped for me, that Tarantino is ultimately a snob. I could tolerate Inglorious until it becomes this bullshit ode to European film culture. That's Tarantino's problem. He doesn't simply like stuff, and want to celebrate it, when the dialogue in his movies reference some obscure movie or another it feels almost like a lecture, like he's somehow trying to educate his audience. Rodriguez never does that. The references are there if you know them but he never rams them down your throat. There's scenes in Planet Terror that clearly owe a lot to John Carpenter but Rodriguez never felt the need to signpost them, whereas you know the same scene directed by Tarantino would have to involve some character chastising another for not having seen The Fog.

To be fair about Inglorious though, I did really like the scenes with Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz. The rest of it just made me cringe though.
Old 08.20.2013, 10:05 AM   #17229
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Machete is OK. I got bored about 20 minutes in.

I don't know if I could ever get bored watching anything involving Mexican priests carrying pump action shotguns. That's just a whopping big neon 'YES!' to me.

Can't wait for the sequel. Charlie Sheen as president.
Old 08.20.2013, 10:41 AM   #17230
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That was the movie where the penny finally dropped for me, that Tarantino is ultimately a snob. I could tolerate Inglorious until it becomes this bullshit ode to European film culture. That's Tarantino's problem. He doesn't simply like stuff, and want to celebrate it, when the dialogue in his movies reference some obscure movie or another it feels almost like a lecture, like he's somehow trying to educate his audience. Rodriguez never does that. The references are there if you know them but he never rams them down your throat. There's scenes in Planet Terror that clearly owe a lot to John Carpenter but Rodriguez never felt the need to signpost them, whereas you know the same scene directed by Tarantino would have to involve some character chastising another for not having seen The Fog.

To be fair about Inglorious though, I did really like the scenes with Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz. The rest of it just made me cringe though.

well yeah tarantino is a name-dropping video store nerd by training, and that much has been clear from the start-- sometimes this works, and sometimes like the name-dropping british agent who tries to pass for german he gets himself (and others) killed for it. (if i was into psychoanalisis, i'd look into this character as a representation of his fear and guilt. but anyway...)

i liked inglorious basterds in spite of the cringe-worthy moments (e.g., "this is jewish vengeance!"). mostly because during those moments i was still laughing at the funny shit from previous scenes. pitt and waltz were too good to let you notice much else.
Old 08.20.2013, 10:47 AM   #17231
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I thought Basterds was great, and have seen it twice. It was a very entertaining film.

Django, however, was so boring, so awfully plotted, so unbearably written from a cracka-ass perspective, that I grew to HATE it by the final reel.
Old 08.20.2013, 10:29 PM   #17232
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

antonioni's "red desert"

beautiful!
Old 08.20.2013, 10:41 PM   #17233
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

--

The Shooting

On paper I should've loved this but it left me cold.

Yeah, on paper a Jack Nicholson Western would be the shit, but he did several, and they all simply suck. Its like, all of his curmudgeon characters would be so perfect, but didn't really develop fully until The Shining and after..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2013, 08:55 AM   #17234
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah, on paper a Jack Nicholson Western would be the shit, but he did several, and they all simply suck.

I dunno. The Missouri Breaks is one of my favourite westerns and he's brilliant in it. He was just miscast in The Shooting. There always has to be that slightly eccentric sense of humour with him for me but in that he plays a cold killer which just isn't him. Jack Palance, yes, but not Jack Nicholson.

Quote:
Its like, all of his curmudgeon characters would be so perfect, but didn't really develop fully until The Shining and after..

I'm not sure about the curmudgeon thing. Again it's the slightly eccentric almost stoner humour that I really associate him with, so I suppose I think of his stuff from the 60s-70s like The Last Detail, Missouri Breaks, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Easy Rider, etc, as being his real peak. He is great in The Shining though, but even there, playing a psycho killer, he still manages to be laugh out loud funny. The "Here's Johnny" line?
Old 08.21.2013, 01:24 PM   #17235
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Basterds was way too long.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2013, 01:50 PM   #17236
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses

One of the best films I have seen in a long time. Nicolas Cage, a drifter, ends up in this small town where someone mistakes him for a hitman he has hired to kill his wife. Plenty of back stabbing and double cross in this superb noir thriller.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2013, 02:50 PM   #17237
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Seen THE LAST SEDUCTION? Same director, same neo-noir fun, made a year after Red Rock West.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2013, 02:58 PM   #17238
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Basterds was way too long.

YES! Like 30 minutes shorter please

The only Tarantino flick worth 2 and 1/2 hours was Pulp Fiction, but that is because it was essentially four short-films combined so it never felt dragged out, more like episodes.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2013, 03:20 PM   #17239
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Seen THE LAST SEDUCTION? Same director, same neo-noir fun, made a year after Red Rock West.

Yeah, that movie is really enjoyable. Linda Florentino plays a superb femme fatale.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2013, 10:52 AM   #17240
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

List of people that would make a better Batman than Ben Affleck:

1. Keanu Reeves
2. Casey Affleck
3. Casey Anthony
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Rob Reiner
6. Chris Tucker
7. An actual bat
8. The Dog from "Air Bud"
9. H. Jon Benjamin.
10.Carrie Fisher
11. Neil Armstrong
12. Wayne Knight
13. George Zimmerman
14. Kim Jong-Un
15. Oogachaka Baby
16. Kermit the Frog
17. The Naked Cowboy
18. Adam West
19. Dennis Rodman
20. Bob Filner
21. Jackie Chan
22. Will Smith
23. Jet Li
24. Jason Staham
25. Ashton Kutcher
26. The fat kid from two and a half men that got fired
27. Harry Potter
28. Rubin Stutters
29. TM
30. Kate Upton
31.Simon
32.Garfunkel
33.Richard Simmons
34. Gene Simmons.
35. Gene Wilder
36. Steven Seagal
37. O.J. Simpson (post Murder)
38. O.J. Simpson (pre Murder)
39. Jason Segel
40. Me....
41. The Crypt Keeper
42. Mike Waslowski
43. Godzilla (1998)
44. Margaret Thatcher (now)
45. Russell Brand
46. Mr. Stay Pufft
47. The guy who gathers cans from my trash
48. His wife (who patiently waits in the truck)
49. Vernon Troyer
50. Tupac (as a laser hologram)
51. Bill Shatner
52. Bill Clinton
53. Bill Murray
54. Shaquille O'Neal
55. Michael Jordan
56. Michael Jackson
57. Mike Tyson
58. Hodor
59. The Rock
60. Sloth (from The Goonies)
61. Boutros Boutros-Ghali
62. William Shatner
63. Tim Tebow
64. Matt Damon
65. George Clooney
66. Terry Crews
67. Tom Welling
68. Nicolas Cage
69. Hayden Christensen
70. Michael Cera
71. The other Michael Cera (Jesse Eisenberg)
72. Will Ferrell
73. Colin Farrell
762812852859860861 862 863864865872912962 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth