Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2010, 01:12 AM   #5261
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
It's been a long night.

Lots of MF DOOM remixes, especially this one, which blows my mind.

Getting into prime era Disco Inferno (which is super ace it turns out), especially:

And now just finishing off:

Good sounds indeed.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2010, 01:19 AM   #5262
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
mmm flying saucer attack

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 05:27 PM   #5263
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
Recent trip to new orleans yielded:

Old 07.01.2010, 05:28 PM   #5264
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
And with a best buy gift card:

Old 07.01.2010, 05:43 PM   #5265
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
just won off ebay for $2.58

Dred Foole - A Long Losing Battle

artwork by Kim G.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 07:36 PM   #5266
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Decided it was time for my now traditional post-term mini-binge... All on double vinyl:

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 07.05.2010, 07:41 PM   #5267
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander

without question my favorite Kool Keith album. And that's saying a lot.
Old 07.05.2010, 08:11 PM   #5268
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Indeed it is. I never heard this album, its hard to see myself picking this album over Dr. Octagonecologyst. I was thinking about buying Dr. Dooom 2 for next purchase. How's that album?
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 08:16 PM   #5269
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Dooom 2 is okay. Most people choose Oct cuz of the beats, but FIRST COME FIRST SERVE is just quintasential Keith lyrics.

"your fans are mad
your performance is garbage bag"

he's so ridiculously amazing on this album. Honestly, I've made so many Keith convert becuz of this one. Dudes that don't even like rap. Just becuz the shit he says is so like "wwwwwwwwhat???"

like a diss is actually "your mixdown ain't right; you're fuckin' vocals are too low"...... who says that? Honestly. THink of every diss record you ever heard. Think of Jay on "The Takeover". That shit's amazing. But he didn't say ANYTHING like this. haha. amazing. and it's 20-something tracks like that.

Ther'es a fucking diss track called "You Live At Home With Your Mom" and he uses a vocoder to do the voice of your mom, and she yells at you to 'pick up your room'. God. Honestly. Everyone sweats Octo. It's in my Top 10 Keith records, but there's far better albums once you understand him and how next-level he brings it. Shit you think makes no sense becomes AMAZING and suddenly Octo feels like nothing but my-first-Keith-record due to Auto's beats.
Old 07.05.2010, 08:55 PM   #5270
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I have longer/more in depth things to say about Kool Keith when it's not nearly 3AM and I don't have to be up in 5 hours, but for now I'll just say that No Chorus is indeed possibly the best diss track ever.
Old 07.05.2010, 08:59 PM   #5271
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Agreed. "No Chorus" IS the best diss track ever.
Old 07.06.2010, 06:30 PM   #5272
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I'll probably start/search out an existing (if one exists) thread on the Dooom once I've had time to actually digest it, having only listened to like one side so far, and only really knowing No Chorus, but, in the meantime, are you big into the Aceyalone NR? Because I've liked what I've heard for a while, but damn I've really slept on this guy. This album is just totally beyond sick!
Old 07.06.2010, 06:31 PM   #5273
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
got a goslings album the other day for $2. Insane deal.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 07:00 PM   #5274
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I'll probably start/search out an existing (if one exists) thread on the Dooom once I've had time to actually digest it, having only listened to like one side so far, and only really knowing No Chorus, but, in the meantime, are you big into the Aceyalone NR? Because I've liked what I've heard for a while, but damn I've really slept on this guy. This album is just totally beyond sick!

well Freestyle Fellowship in general is interesting, but other than some stray singles, I never got too into Acey myself.

I think there is a Kool Keith thread where I reviewed every single album all the way up until 2008/2009 or so.
Old 07.07.2010, 09:42 AM   #5275
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

One thing I will say as an initial impression on the Dooom is that, ignoring Keith's raps (which are STUNNING), the beats are filthy. That's the only word I can really think of to convey them haha.

As to the Acey, I seriously recommend you put some time into properly absorbing all of All Balls, because I didn't hugely click with it at first either, but right now, he's sounding like one of the best MCs I've ever heard. I especially recommend 'Anywhere You Go' and 'Headaches & Woes'. It's stupidly great. Also, it perhaps embodies the whole 'jazz-rap' thing even more perfectly than the Freestyle Fellowship did, which is saying something.
Old 07.07.2010, 01:30 PM   #5276
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

Old 07.07.2010, 04:14 PM   #5277
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

On CD, from Amazon, just ordered:

Can't wait for the Big Boi. Also, ordered Scout Niblett's 'This Fool Can Die Now' as a birthday present for a friend.
Old 07.07.2010, 04:20 PM   #5278
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2010, 12:09 AM   #5279
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

Deluxe version:

Old 07.10.2010, 08:22 AM   #5280
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
Deluxe version:

WTF???
214254261262263 264 265266267274314 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth