Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Frozen Florida?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.28.2010, 12:52 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Lord Have His Mercy, the snow in Georgia and Virginia was one thing, but much of Florida is having freezing nights and mornings in the 20s? In the mid-40s in Miami? That shit is crazy yo..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2010, 02:51 PM   #2
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
You're tellin me!!!!!!This shit SUCKS ASS. We are not equiped with the clothing to deal with this. I don't ever remember such a cold winter and it starting so early with thhe freezes. I have no heater or ac in the car I would much rather have the heater working. I can deal with heat I hate this cold.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2010, 03:29 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I have no heater or ac in the car I would much rather have the heater working. I can deal with heat I hate this cold.

I bet you rarely have to think about that trade off eh?

Old 12.28.2010, 05:20 PM   #4
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Only one year left brah!

haha

right right?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2010, 07:41 PM   #5
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
no offense, but haha
Old 12.29.2010, 07:40 AM   #6
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
SOnicGail....I feel yer pain....sort of.

My car had a small window in the back broken and no heat.....and...living in Chicago...that sucks.!
waking up is hard to do when you know you have to sit in the cold for abuot 20 minutes....but....now my car is dead.

FORTUNATELY a co-worker is lettin' me use his vehicle.....aweosme....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2010, 11:19 AM   #7
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
SOnicGail....I feel yer pain....sort of.

My car had a small window in the back broken and no heat.....and...living in Chicago...that sucks.!
waking up is hard to do when you know you have to sit in the cold for abuot 20 minutes....but....now my car is dead.

FORTUNATELY a co-worker is lettin' me use his vehicle.....aweosme....

My drive in is an hour and a half most times. My toes are frozen by the time I get here. Luckily it feels a bit warmer today. I COULD NOT deal with Chicago winter. How do you guys have all that time to get rid of snow and shit before you go to work??? I barely have enough time and ambition to get dressed in the morning.

Old 12.29.2010, 11:20 AM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I bet you rarely have to think about that trade off eh?

only 3 months out of the year at most...ahhh I miss the beach and 100 degree weather

Old 12.29.2010, 12:49 PM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
My drive in is an hour and a half most times. My toes are frozen by the time I get here. Luckily it feels a bit warmer today. I COULD NOT deal with Chicago winter. How do you guys have all that time to get rid of snow and shit before you go to work??? I barely have enough time and ambition to get dressed in the morning.

Lol....I haven't shoveled snow in like 2 years. THough I really enjoyed it when I was younger....but......My neighbor is retired and my Dad gave him a super heavy duty sno blower so now he does our snow...and well I don't live at home anymore.
Old 12.29.2010, 04:02 PM   #10
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
It's colder than that here and I am still riding my bike around with my regular helmet and no hat underneath.
Some people have no idea what "cold" really is.

(I feel much sorrier for New Jersey right now)
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2010, 04:53 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Lol....I haven't shoveled snow in like 2 years.

I have never even properly been in the snow before, and there are surprisingly some Angelinos who have never even been to the playa before! We here in LA are a bit weird like that..

Old 12.30.2010, 05:37 AM   #12
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

^ You should try to experience snow....it's fucking fantastic!!
Old 12.30.2010, 09:38 AM   #13
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I never seen no snow either. I would like to just see it but not live anywhere near it.

Warming up today thank god!

Old 12.30.2010, 10:55 AM   #14
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

tomorrow I heard that the high is gonna be 51!!!!!!!!
Old 12.31.2010, 02:39 AM   #15
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
It isn't too rare for GA to get snow. I live right on the border, everything north of Macon usually gets a little bit, seldom does anything south of us get any. It's snowed all of twice over the last two years (well, enough to actually stick). A couple flurries this year, but nothing too exciting. That said...we've had some hella hella cold days this year.
Old 12.31.2010, 03:13 AM   #16
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
It isn't too rare for GA to get snow. I live right on the border, everything north of Macon usually gets a little bit, seldom does anything south of us get any. It's snowed all of twice over the last two years (well, enough to actually stick). A couple flurries this year, but nothing too exciting. That said...we've had some hella hella cold days this year.
Touch me sway. Touch me. Our warm bodies melt. Touch me sway. Touch me.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2010, 07:27 PM   #17
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
It's colder than that here and I am still riding my bike around with my regular helmet and no hat underneath.
Some people have no idea what "cold" really is.

(I feel much sorrier for New Jersey right now)

I was about to the say the same. I'm from the great white north, I don't start bitching until it's -20.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2010, 08:49 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
I was about to the say the same. I'm from the great white north, I don't start bitching until it's -20.

y'all is just crazy, period.

Old 12.31.2010, 09:16 PM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Florida is my favorite place in the fucking world. Goddamn... the weather always rocked, though I've only been there 10 times... I am currently in Indiana, there was 2 feet of snow a few weeks ago, but a fucking earthquake yesterday (?!). We have no heat in our house, since our furnace fucked up, our kerosene heater fucked up, and my stepdad and me are usually at work, so my mom is there by herself and she's too lazy to do anything about it, so it's always cold. It's miserable. I have a space heater but my abusive stepdad always yells at me when I have at it on, despite me paying half the bills, and because of child support I got from my dad, various discounts and tax breaks they got because of me, and the 10% discount they get every week when they buy groceries because they are in possession of my discount card (which I've never been able to use).... you'd think they'd let me at least sit in a heated room, but no. My car has no heater. I also work in a freezer. So, for about 3 or 4 months in this winter -- of which we're about halfway through -- I am cold 24/7. It has caused me to stop working on anything and I'm on the computer less thna ever, since the computer is in the middle of the house (I'd move it to my room, but then my mom would be in my room all day, since she's on the computer, on FARMVILLE, every waking moment of ever yday -- she commandeers the phone, the computer, and the television, watching soap operas.. other times, she's zonked out on painpills.. it's a wonder I don't have more of a drug habit). Anyway, I'm desparately looking to get the fuck out of this house, I've been sick more than ever in my life -- I'm sick from other things, which will probably kill me, but I've also been sick, as in having a flu -- since the only existence I know is the cold, currently. I am miserable. I am writing this from my grandpa's cold basement, though this is the warmest I've been in months. Sometimes I get so cold I have to coem in here. My grandpa is really mean to me though. I have enough money in the bank to buy a house, just about, but I don't want to do it alone, honestly... it'd be nice to have someone who will help me move my shit... someone to live with me so I won't be so lonely! My girlfriend -- to her credit, she never.. she refuses, even... to take my money -- is waiting to get a job before we move out together. I'm not going to rush her. I'm patient... still, if I'm at my house another few months I'm going to blow my brains out... my "friend" Booe -- the "art school student" -- actually has it worse than me, he works two jobs and is in school all day, and NEVER eats, and never goes anywhere except work and school, because he's in some awful apartment that is about as big as my apartment. But he won't admit defeat, he pretends to LOVE his house. I asked him to get a place with me and he's like "actually I have this lease" blah blah and he siad he'll be out of art school and he's going to have to get a third job to get by. His own aunt told me that she thinks he's wasting his time and wasting his life, since he has no art talent whatsoever. She's trying to convince him to get a place with me. He could be living here, in a MANSION, for FREE (his mom's house; she lives in New Mexico now). They want to rent the house out to me, for $200 a month, but there's all this shit I need to do.. get the electricity, water, phone, etc turned on, and I've emailed him, his mom, and his aunt, and they all seem to not be able to help me, they're always too busy. I don't think they really wnat to rent it, though it's just SAT THERE, vacant, for about 3 years. They just don't know what to do with it, basically. It's a creepy house, and it's even further away from my job (I live 20 minutes away from my job now -- basically, when there's TWO FEET OF SNOW, as there often is, I can't make it to work, yet they still bitch at me! One boss told me that HE risks his life constantly to make it to work, and everyone else should too! No kidding. A few weeks ago, there was 14 inches of snow, I had to drive 5 miles per hour to make it in, and there wasn't a single costumer all night... but they still didn't close the store, so I "had to" be there. Just insane. They've closed once ever, and that's because the MAYOR made them close!). I don't want to be 45 minutes away from my job. My shitty $500 car barely makes it as it is. Anyway, I've been to Florida at this time of the year and it's amazing.. the air smells soooo good.. I felt so good being there.. don't need drugs or alcohol, the natural atmosphere of Florida makes me happy.. my ex girlfriend of 7 years stole $200 from me, cheated on me, and moved down there, because she said she was really "making something" of herself.. which consisted of her sitting on her ass in her aunt's house for a year, and sewing shitty anime costumes, which allowed her to win 1 contest -- of the hundred she's entered -- where she won one free plane ticket to New York. She really thought she was doing something amazing, but she's in debt out her ears, has 2 credit cards ran up, has absolutely no friends, has pissed off everyone she's ever cared about, and her own family won't visit her. She even emailed me a while back about moving down there with her -- after cheating on me and all, y'know -- so we could get an apartment together. I love Florida, but fuck her! Her college degree has really gotten her far, she's making $9 at a job in a lab where she HAS TO have a degree. She always told me I'd never make anything of myself since I have no college degree. Whatever. I guess I've always had this problem wherein I think everyone else is so much happier than I am. I don't really think that anymore. I think people just project that image via facebook or whatever. All I know is that this year has been the absolute worst of my life, and this winter is the coldest. But it's almost over, guys. I won't be suffering forever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2010, 11:31 PM   #20
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Touch me sway. Touch me. Our warm bodies melt. Touch me sway. Touch me.

Quit being so gross.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth