Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Gun Ownership
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2008, 12:12 PM   #41
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Okay, sure. So you're saying we need to overthrow the Bush administration by force. Sign me up!

Yes, overthrow any tyrannical administration. It says it in the Declaration of Independence, it's not only ones right, but ones duty to take down an abusive government, & replace it w/ one that is in line w/ the law of the people. Or something to that effect.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:14 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Does that include the DMV?
Old 07.16.2008, 12:16 PM   #43
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Does that include the DMV?

You'd be surprised my friend, that's all I'll say about that.
-George Carlin
Old 07.16.2008, 12:18 PM   #44
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I'm not about to go in with guns blazing at the DMV. Or the White House! They may both piss me off but I'm no crazy postal gunslinger.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:20 PM   #45
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'm only pro-California succession. I could give a fuck about the White House.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:20 PM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The gun argument strikes me as ridiculous, and I don't understand why more people in America don't share gmku's moderate opinion on guns (that is, respect/ admiration/ necessity in context, but not for everyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:21 PM   #47
gmku
invito al cielo

Weed country! Hell, yeah.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:22 PM   #48
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The gun argument strikes me as ridiculous, and I don't understand why more people in America don't share gmku's moderate opinion on guns (that is, respect/ admiration/ necessity in context, but not for everyone).

Because most Americans have been brainwashed to fear everything and everybody. The gun argument is based on fear.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:25 PM   #49
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Because most Americans have been brainwashed to fear everything and everybody. Most Americans are dumb, short-sighted, and immoderate.

I would say, more closed minded.
-George Carlin
Old 07.16.2008, 12:27 PM   #50
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Because most Americans have been brainwashed to fear everything and everybody. The gun argument is based on fear.

Well, when you have police kick in yr door & rob you, you might think differently. & this truly has happened to me. No joking here.
-George Carlin
Old 07.16.2008, 12:30 PM   #51
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Well, when you have police kick in yr door & rob you, you might think differently. & this truly has happened to me. No joking here.

obviously, the answer to a bit of trouble with the police is to start a gun battle with them
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:34 PM   #52
gmku
invito al cielo

I have a little DMV story. So I'm registering my new car this morning for plates etc. This involves going to one building in one part of town to pick up a bill for the property taxes on the car in one office of the building and then walking down a hallway to another office where I pay the bill. That's step one (or 1a and 1b).

After I pay this property tax bill, they give me a receipt to take to the DMV building across town. There I need to show reams of paperwork, of course, not only the receipt but the title, my proof of insurance, a bill of sale, and such. I also have to fill out a new form that copies all the information on these other forms.

Okay, I get this far, wait my turn in line, get to my window, and the clerk questions my bill of sale. She thinks it's a copy and she needs an original. I think, "Aw fuck," and say thank you and leave, and as I get to the car it hits me--no, this IS an original bill of sale, it just looks like a copy because it's all in black ink on a black xeroxed form, but we, the seller and I, filled everything out on the form in black ink. I remember this distinctly now, but I call the seller and confirm this, then walk back in.

I explain what happened to the greeter at the door, and she takes a verrryyy careful look at this piece of paper. "Well, it's really hard to tell," she says. "Could be a copy, or could be an original." I tell her it's an original, look at the ink in my signature, she gives me a new number that puts me at the head of the line.

I get a new clerk this time who doesn't even bat an eye at the bill of sale.

What the fuck.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:34 PM   #53
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
obviously, the answer to a bit of trouble with the police is to start a gun battle with them

There's a guy in work who's giving me a bit of gip. And a policeman stopped me recently to ask tell me I should wear a bike helmet the other day. I'm well gonna gat up their arses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:35 PM   #54
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

Ha ha. Yeah, that will get you real far. I'm sure everyone wins those.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:39 PM   #55
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have a little DMV story. So I'm registering my new car this morning for plates etc. This involves going to one building in one part of town to pick up a bill for the property taxes on the car in one office of the building and then walking down a hallway to another office where I pay the bill. That's step one (or 1a and 1b).

After I pay this property tax bill, they give me a receipt to take to the DMV building across town. There I need to show reams of paperwork, of course, not only the receipt but the title, my proof of insurance, a bill of sale, and such. I also have to fill out a new form that copies all the information on these other forms.

Okay, I get this far, wait my turn in line, get to my window, and the clerk questions my bill of sale. She thinks it's a copy and she needs an original. I think, "Aw fuck," and say thank you and leave, and as I get to the car it hits me--no, this IS an original bill of sale, it just looks like a copy because it's all in black ink on a black xeroxed form, but we, the seller and I, filled everything out on the form in black ink. I remember this distinctly now, but I call the seller and confirm this, then walk back in.

I explain what happened to the greeter at the door, and she takes a verrryyy careful look at this piece of paper. "Well, it's really hard to tell," she says. "Could be a copy, or could be an original." I tell her it's an original, look at the ink in my signature, she gives me a new number that puts me at the head of the line.

I get a new clerk this time who doesn't even bat an eye at the bill of sale.

What the fuck.
The revolution will free us from bureaucracy!
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:39 PM   #56
sarramkrop

It's totally obvious that everyone in America feels like killing each other.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:40 PM   #57
gmku
invito al cielo

They have since the beginning. We're founded in violence.

It might help if we had a queen to give us moral purpose and direction like you guys got.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:41 PM   #58
sarramkrop

Quote:
That's something to look forward to.

they're looking for you, gmku. They don't like you. You gotta go.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 12:42 PM   #59
gmku
invito al cielo

You misquoted me. I was responding to pbradley before you posted.

& drop the gmku digs, they're getting old.
Old 07.16.2008, 12:43 PM   #60
sarramkrop

I don't care, you gotta go. Your time has come.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth