Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Gun Ownership
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2008, 12:51 AM   #121
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
the other grandpa got busted for pot in the 70s
and his wife aka my grandma aka the coolest woman in the world used to keep her acid in the freezer, and she had a glass of water but the acid got in the ice and she didn't know it...surprise trip while wallpapering the bathroom.

and one time no one had seen my uncle for a year or so
and then we saw him on the news at the dead show

and once i saw him in a diner dressed as elvis

needless to say he's my favourite uncle.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 12:52 AM   #122
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha haha

now i know where you get your hippie/neptune genes
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 12:56 AM   #123
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
it runs in the family

more anecdotes

the same uncle got caught upside down in the keeper's net and had to be rescued probably by my dad or someone

and my grandma gambled away all their equity and i've never seen her drink water, only diet coke

and my dad and uncle elvis hung the youngest one upside down from the mailbox by his underwear
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 01:35 AM   #124
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
my grandpa's rifle is another story, i have it because i'm the only grandchild and he has no sons.
"Surrogate Penis" would be an awesome song title.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 01:57 PM   #125
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Peace, everyone.

Yes, peace through superior firepower.

CNN reporter criticizes TSA, finds self on terror watch list David Edwards and Nick Juliano
Published: Wednesday July 16, 2008

Print This Email This
The post-9/11 airline watch list that is supposed to keep terrorists off of airplanes has swelled to more than 1 million names, including at least one investigative reporter who had been critical of the Transportation Security Agency, which maintains the watch list.
CNN's Drew Griffin reported on the bloating of the watch list, which an ACLU count pegged at 1,001,308 names Wednesday afternoon. Griffin's is one of those names, he says.
"Coincidentally, this all began in May, shortly after I began a series of investigative reports critical of the TSA. Eleven flights now since May 19. On different airlines, my name pops up forcing me to go to the counter, show my identification, sometimes the agent has to make a call before I get my ticket," Griffin reported. "What does the TSA say? Nothing, at least nothing on camera. Over the phone a public affairs worker told me again I'm not on the watch list, and don't even think that someone in the TSA or anyone else is trying to get even."
The TSA, which is a part of the Department of Homeland Security, said Griffin's name wasn't even on the watch list, and the agency blamed the airlines for the delays the reporter experienced. The airlines, on the other hand, said they were simply following a list provided by TSA.
While it wouldn't be much of a stretch for plenty of people to believe the TSA would exercise its revenge via watch-list meddling, an agency spokesman insists that just isn't the case.
"So if there's any thought or shadow of a thought that TSA somehow put you on a watch list because of your reporting," spokesman Christopher White said, "it is absolutely fabricated."
This video is from CNN's American Morning, broadcast July 16, 2008.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 02:20 PM   #126
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I think the TSA put me on their list. When I dropped my wife off at the airport the other day, she asked me to wait a couple minutes to make sure her luggage made it through--she was afraid of going over the weight limit and so would then remove some items to give to me to take back home. So I was waiting in the "no waiting" zone parked outside and the TSA cop came up and made a circle gesture in the air with his hand. I pretended I didn't know what he meant so I smiled and waved. So he came up to the car and made me roll down the window and informed me I'd have to leave, there was no waiting or parking here. I explained I was waiting for my wife, could he give me just a couple minutes, I wouldn't be any trouble. "No, sir," he said, "I can't do that, you'll have to leave and circle around and come back through again if you want to check on your wife." I groan a little and say, "Really? Oh, gosh, that's inconvenient. Are you sure you can't give me just a minute?"

"No, sir," sterner this time, "you'll have to move. Can you do that?"

"Oh, well, I guess I'll do my best."

So I go around and come back and park again, and in less than 5 seconds he has descended on my car again and is making the circle gesture. I wave again, and just as he's approaching the car, my wife comes out and signals me that it's okay. I wave and smile back at her, she leaves, and then I stare down this TSA asshole and flip him the finger just before I take off.

Who knows. If I was packing, maybe I'd have popped him instead.
Old 07.17.2008, 05:44 PM   #127
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
IWho knows. If I was packing, maybe I'd have popped him instead.

from your story, that doesn't seem warranted.

the most important thing about gun ownership is responsibility and not joking about them.

I can't see anything in the world that tells me it is a perfectly safe place where we should trust to the authorities to protect us and tuck us in at night. In fact all the information I'm getting these days is telling me the opposite, the world is more dangerous and 'leaders' are more corrupt than ever. of course an h&k isn't going to protect me from depleted uranium or spilled genetically engineered virus or microwave-induced cancer etc etc....but i feel I might need a defensive tool even living behind the 9th Precinct, food riots will not be pretty and the world is on the edge, just one bad harvest or storage disaster and we're fucked.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 05:53 PM   #128
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
from your story, that doesn't seem warranted.

the most important thing about gun ownership is responsibility and not joking about them.

Okay, I disagree on both these points. #1, the TSA guy was a worthless piece of dried up over 60 sod. #2, if you can't have a little well-intentioned fun with gun ownership, what's the point? Give me a gun owner with a sick, twisted sense of humor any day!

BRA hahahahahhahahhahaha!!!! I'm going downa K-mart right now and buying me a big-ass GUN!!!
Old 07.17.2008, 05:59 PM   #129
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I wish I had a gun at work today...(good thread, by the way - interesting viewpoints all round).
Old 07.19.2008, 10:02 AM   #130
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
its very simple.

guns dont kill people, bullets kill people.

take away the bullets, take away the problem.

I say, let the americans have their silly guns, but take away the bullets!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 11:30 AM   #131
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
It's some 2nd amendment right.
Old 07.19.2008, 11:37 AM   #132
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'm less of an advocate for the illegalization of firearms as much as I am disappointed that people feel that they need to own one.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 11:38 AM   #133
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I don't care really, people are still going to have guns.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth