Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Favourite SOAD Album?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Favourite SOAD Album?
System of a Down 5 41.67%
Toxicity 5 41.67%
Steal This Album! 2 16.67%
Mezmerize 0 0%
Hypnotize 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.24.2006, 09:17 PM   #21
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i'm with marley on this one, Steal This Album! is great.
Old 04.24.2006, 09:18 PM   #22
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Self-titled is the only one listenable.
Old 04.25.2006, 11:28 AM   #23
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
.....It would appear SY fans dont like SOAD Why? man Why?
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:51 PM   #24
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
the reason is uh.................................. well you see............................................... .... System of a Down......... they are

EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:55 PM   #25
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Drugstore_Cowboy ain't too shabby
They are trash. Just because they hold yet another anti-Bush, politically correct ideology doesn't make them any better than a band with the same sound that talks about having sex with midgits.
Drugstore_Cowboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 01:35 PM   #26
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i don't really care for them. it's pointless angry music and bores me.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 01:46 PM   #27
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Yeah, they're really boring.

All of the songs that I've heard have really cheesy and cliched tonal progressions. And they're always in minor keys. Basically, what I'm getting at is that "V -> i" minor progressions sound retarded in rock music. Go to their website and listen to the song that starts playing:

http://www.systemofadown.com/

Jesus.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 02:49 PM   #28
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal

All of the songs that I've heard have really cheesy and cliched tonal progressions. And they're always in minor keys. Basically, what I'm getting at is that "V -> i" minor progressions sound retarded in rock music. Go to their website and listen to the song that starts playing:

Jesus.

I know! That's the guitar guy singing I was talking about and I'm assuming that he wrote those lyrics too. The first album was just insane and all over the place. A friend of mine liked them when they first came out (I guess I was like 15?) and it was an album that we'd listen to when we were trashed.....and Pantera. Lots of Pantera.
Old 04.26.2006, 08:55 PM   #29
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
.....and Pantera. Lots of Pantera.

oh man, i'm sorry.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 04.26.2006, 08:56 PM   #30
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal

Jesus.

i feel the exact way about TooL. how many albums can you write that are completely in the tune of D minor?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 04.26.2006, 10:32 PM   #31
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
This thread should be combined with the "Unpopular musical opinions" thread.
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 10:34 PM   #32
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 97th Hammer
This thread should be combined with the "Unpopular musical opinions" thread.

Amen.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth