Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page TM/Beck Promo Cassette on ebay..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.30.2008, 12:56 PM   #1
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
an interesting find..
not worth what they're asking. starting price is $999.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thurston-Moore-Beck-KXLU-DGC-cassette-tape-Sonic-Youth_W0QQitemZ160266807166QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m160266807166&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Up for sale is Thurston Moore/Beck, the super rare, promo only, DGC cassette tape of their 3/8/94 KXLU performance together.

hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 12:59 PM   #2
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Oh my. Maybe everyone on the board should chip in $10. And then we could send it through the post to eachother and co-own it. Yes, definately... that would definately work... well done James...

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 02:46 PM   #3
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
it's fuckin' interesting!

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 02:50 PM   #4
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
i can't believe he's actually selling it for tha tmuch. i hope nobody buys it so he has to drop the price down... by about $900.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
You can have all this for free, definitely.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 04:58 PM   #6
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i downloaded it a long time ago. it's more goofy than anything. pretty sure you can find a video of it on youtube too.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 05:05 PM   #7
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
looks like the auction has been pulled.
i guess i'm $10 richer. sorry james.
hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 05:35 PM   #8
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
found this about the tape online:

ck and Thurston Moore, along with Chris Ballew (soon to be of Beck's band and the Presidents of the USA), went down to Loyala Marymount's radio station, KXLU 89.9FM and performed a half hour of improvised jams, littered with songs constructed on
the spot, and general noise rock glory.

Beck and Thurston's label, DGC, then put out a very small run of promotional tapes of this performance to give to industry hipsters, music journalists and the like. Similar to the "History of Beck" tape, this was meant to expose Beck to the music scene and tip them off to what he was all about.

The tape itself is very rare. All copies are most likely shoved in the back of music journalists or L.A. hipsters tape drawers. Die-hard
collectors will want it solely to complete their collection, but those expecting cohesive "songs" in the classic sense will be disappointed.

Beck has a long history with KXLU, he used to go down to the station and perform all the time, sometimes solo, sometimes with his old bands like Liquor Cabinet with Steve Hanft.

Unfortunately, this, and the track "Whiskeyfaced Radioactive Blowdryin' Lady" off "KXLU Live Volume 1" are the only released recordings of his performances on the station.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2008, 07:11 AM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
mother of ass. I want this! wow.

I have an OG copy of KILL ANY/ALL SPIN PERSONEL
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Delta
empty page

Delta has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
could somebody upload these songs?

www.whiskeyvlone/net and www.stewoo.net/beck/forum members would me much appreciated : )

maybe we can work something out?
Delta is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Here's a different recording that I haven't seen on here before.
Could be mistaken though.

Last day of "Beck Bootleg Week!"

This last Beck bootleg is pretty special, mainly because I'm the one who recorded it! Back when I was active in the NYC experimental scene – with ambibat and FRANKENHÖFF – I attended a "happening", for lack of a better word, which Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth was one of many performers. During that show I noticed a flyer for a "secret" special performance with Thurston Moore and Beck at The Cooler. Beck was in town promoting his album Mutations and his book Playing With Matches.

I knew this would be a special show so I brought my portable tape recorder to document the occasion. The Cooler was a pretty small venue, in a basement of some building in the meat packing district, so the place was...packed. I could tell some of the people were waiting to see "Loser" Beck but I knew what to expect. Beck and Thurston came out with guitars and Tom Surgal joined them on drums – I'd seen Thurston and Tom improvise together before. When they began to play it was obvious Beck was out of his league. As Thurston wailed on his guitar Beck fiddled with a few blues licks and some finger-tapping. He eventually abandoned trying to keep up with Thurston and Tom and turned to performance art instead. He jumped around with his guitar up his shirt and ended the show by taking apart Tom Surgal's drums piece by piece, bringing them backstage until only Thurston was left standing. All-in-all the performance wasn't great but it was a one in a lifetime event witnessed by few.

As I started writing this post I decided to google this performance and found that someone actually released a version of it on tape cassette...I had know idea. Apparently, the piece is called "Kill Any/All SPIN Personnel", but I'm not sure if that's official so I left mine "Untitled". I found a download of it and compared their recording to mine...very little difference besides tone. I'm sharing both versions so you can choose which you prefer.

First up is my recording...(I found the images of Beck on the web shortly after the performance, back in '98, and kept them in a folder until now. Unfortunately, whoever posted them cropped out Thurston)...

Link:
http://franklinmintblog.blogspot.com...al-cooler.html

[DOWNLOAD] Beck / Thurston Moore / Tom Surgal @ The Cooler, NYC (1998)
01- Untitled (35:22)

Old 06.16.2009, 12:40 PM   #12
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks Toko!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 12:49 PM   #13
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
[font=Arial]The ebay listing as been pulled as it's now an invalid item......

That's because it was listed 11 months ago
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2013, 04:27 AM   #14
krischanski
children of satan

krischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asses
there it is again
____
krischanski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2013, 07:20 PM   #15
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Starting bid $1499.99
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2013, 09:23 AM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
crazy that there was an actual promo of this.

Who's got mp3's for me? HAHA
Old 12.21.2013, 10:31 AM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha there is a bright green "free shipping" label.

no shit!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2013, 10:39 AM   #18
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Free shipping? You'd be stupid NOT to buy it.

Actually, dude's whole store is going for $500,000. Can't tell if that's a ripoff or a steal.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth