Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Philly Show Setlist + Pictures + mini overview
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2006, 07:57 AM   #1
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Although I wish they played more older songs, they still fucking killed. Considering it was only the second night of the tour, they're still learning to play most of the new stuff live and want to get it down first before they go back into the old catalogue more. But I was a little bummed about the Expressway thing too, yet Lee's guitar skills on Or were quite a sight (check the pics!!). For me though, it was such a great night. Drove 2 hours to philly, waited for 2 hours and saw Coco and a bunch of her friends hanging out! She looks like Thurston so much it's ridiculous. And Be Your Own Pet was a lot of fucking fun (pics) and just like blasted through their set. The girl was real cute too. And just hearing Kim wittingly say, since some people were asking for some really old songs they obviously wouldn't be played, that "this song is so fucking old it's older than all of you" made the night. And PCH, holy shit amazing. As far as my first sonic experience goes, quite a good night.

Here we go evry'body:

Incinerate
What A Waste
Pattern Recognition
Do You Believe In Rapture
Reena
Rats
Sleepin' Around
Turquoise Boy
Jams Run Free
Lights Out
PCH
Pink Steam

------
The Neutral
Shaking Hell

------
Or

And some wonderful pics:

uploading about like 100 more pics as we speak, here's my photobucket link http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/buddhaBeatz/ . Sorry about the size on the kim one, it's the only size that does the pick justice! __________________

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 07:58 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 08:15 AM   #3
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
hearing Kim wittingly say, since some people were asking for some really old songs they obviously wouldn't be played, that "this song is so fucking old it's older than all of you" made the night.
she said something like that before they played the old stuff @ CB's too. she often repeats herself. guess she figures it's a different audience...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 08:26 AM   #4
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniknirve
she said something like that before they played the old stuff @ CB's too. she often repeats herself. guess she figures it's a different audience...
I remember her saying "this song so old, it's new" at the paris radio show but the context she used it in, just to make fun of the fans, was hilarious.

Old 06.15.2006, 08:32 AM   #5
mineral
empty page

mineral has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I clearly remember her saying "This song's so fucking old, it was made before you were born".
mineral is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 08:35 AM   #6
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral
I clearly remember her saying "This song's so fucking old, it was made before you were born".
Thanks, I couldn't remember exactly.

Old 06.15.2006, 08:55 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Thanks for the review. Yr first SY concert experience is similar to mine.
When they played "PCH" I couldn't tell what song it was, then when I realised what song it was, I went nuts.
Can't wait to see them again this Saturday.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 08:59 AM   #8
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

I've got almost all the pictures up now, the view of everyone (except thurston, he was a little far) was so awesome, even with my 15-55mm lens.

Old 06.15.2006, 09:08 AM   #9
baltimorestreets
empty page

baltimorestreets ain't too shabby
So the official word is lots of noise and feedback, everyone? I just want to check before I take my friend who doesn't like the new album, but is crazy about extended noise jams.
baltimorestreets is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 09:22 AM   #10
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
not really a lot of noise and feedback. some, yes. pattern recognition, yes. nowhere near the crazy shit on the shows i saw last year. thurston did almost stick his guitar in the ceiling fan though.
Old 06.15.2006, 09:29 AM   #11
mineral
empty page

I was right next to Thurston, I will be posting these pics soon.
Old 06.15.2006, 09:44 AM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Did you get a good glimpse at their pedal boards? Lee's board looks like it has a frequency analyzer on it, but I couldn't tell because it was a rather artistic shot.

Edit:
You did take pics!

I see a moog (he got a better expression pedal too), a microsynth (which must have been Kim's), a blue box, a tube factor, an ibanez delay, and a digitech delay. the Line 6 is gone. What is that silver box with gray knobs?

Nope, no frequency analyzer on Lee's board, maybe Kim's or Thurstons?

Kims board- Oh wait, that is a Hot Tubes. So tuner, vol, hot tubes, octave fuzz, TS-9, turbo rat?, some wierd silver pedal, and a mutron wah/vol that she must have stolen from thurston. I don't see her moog delay, maybe it was Jim's?

I see thurston's board- blue box, phase 90, octave fuzz, turbo rat or black muff?, wierd silver thing, and a volume pedal.

What is it with SY and wierd silver boxes?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:07 AM   #13
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Did you get a good glimpse at their pedal boards? Lee's board looks like it has a frequency analyzer on it, but I couldn't tell because it was a rather artistic shot.

Edit:
You did take pics!

I see a moog (he got a better expression pedal too), a microsynth (which must have been Kim's), a blue box, a tube factor, an ibanez delay, and a digitech delay. the Line 6 is gone. What is that silver box with gray knobs?

Nope, no frequency analyzer on Lee's board, maybe Kim's or Thurstons?
Someone else who was closer to Kim and Thurston probably got a better shot of their pedal boards, I was a little too far away to get a good one. But I had a perfect angle for Lee's.

Old 06.15.2006, 10:16 AM   #14
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
always happy to read these rewievs mate! keep em coming!
as we here in europe wont have much chance to see sy this year...

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:20 AM   #15
tscaw
empty page

tscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the philly reportage and the pics. i didn't see any BYOP pics in your photobucket, but i got a kick out of the implication that yo la tengo and dinosaur jr were on the bill last night by their inclusion.
tscaw is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:27 AM   #16
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Haha, yeah surprise guests!! No, those were from last year. But I just put the BYOP pics up.

Old 06.15.2006, 10:37 AM   #17
tscaw
empty page

tscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's asses
nice. nice Germs reference on the t-shirt, too. seeing/hearing BYOP live is like mainlining pixie stix.
tscaw is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:40 AM   #18
mineral
empty page

Here is pics of Thurston going nuts and leaning on top of me:

Old 06.15.2006, 10:41 AM   #19
mineral
empty page

Hitting the fan:

Old 06.15.2006, 10:45 AM   #20
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Those are awesome mineral. Oh Thurston, that madman.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth