Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pete Doherty+MTV+syringe of blood=very messy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2006, 11:24 AM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDI9icmwe...0doherty%20mtv

Pete Doherty, what can i say about the overbearing tosser that hasnt already been said? The list goes on and on with this shithead its really getting beyond a joke, in the above video he squirts a syringe full of blood inthe the camera of an MTV Germany presenter which shocks his band mates enough for one of them to apologise to the cameraman before he gets up and walks off.

I'm sorry to bother my fellow Youtharians with this shit, it's not even worthy of its own thread but i have to vent somewhere. So many people all around the world work their butts off to save up for equipment, beg friends and fellow members of the public to play in bands with them and thats only the start of it, then you (as a band) sweat it out in a shitty little practice space trying to get your songs together and play gigs, in the hope of recognition for that "holy grail" of a record contract that might bring those songs you worked so hard on to the masses.

This twat on the other hand has it all, the gigs (when he can be bothered to turn up) the fans and the songs (which arent to my liking but hey - he must be doing something right in that depatment) but he doesnt seem to bother his milky white ass and would much prefer to spend his time spraying camermen with, and i can only guess this part, his disease riddled blood.

Is this rock and roll in the stylee of Johnny Rotten, Mr K Cobain or Sid Vicious?
Am i getting too old and thats why i find this behaviour unacceptable?

what do you guys think?
Old 05.17.2006, 11:59 AM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I've had him twice as a neighbour and i can honestly say,hand on my heart,that he isnt that bad to others as much as he is bad to himself.He could really do with a good wash for a start(he stinks like a pig)He is a complete and utter lost soul and he has not got any talent whatsoever.Some very intelligent and pretty girls go absolutely mad for this sorry excuse for a junkie artist or whatever you might care to call him.I used to be naive enough to think that all the people he was inviting into his flat for a gig were not being charged until a dear friend illuminated me about the whole thing.Drawing blood for art purposes?Fuck off!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
who is peet doherty?
Old 05.17.2006, 12:25 PM   #4
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
who is peet doherty?
Go to www.nme.com and search for his name.You'll be disappointed i tell you

Old 05.17.2006, 12:38 PM   #5
xpressway2yrskull
little trouble girl

xpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's asses
I don't understand... He hasn't done anything beneficial to anyone for 4 years and is in the news weekly for this kind of escapade. To be blunt... He really ought to fuck off and comatose himself now.
xpressway2yrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 01:16 PM   #6
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Hate his music, hate his reputation, hate his voice, hate his style. I HATE HIS ASS
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 01:38 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm surprised at people's ability to care, I think that counts for something. Not many musicians are treated with such disdain by so wide-ranging and broad a group of people. Apart from James Blunt, but that's different reasons.

He's probably an arse, but I honestly can't summon the energy to be that worried. Quite like a couple of his tunes.

I told one of the Libertines to fuck off when they tried to push in at a bar in Camden a few years ago. Do I win a lolly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 02:03 PM   #8
porkmarras
invito al cielo

iIbumped into Carl Barat a few years ago in the bar under the Phoenix Theatre.He was a nice chap and he had a funny sense of humor.He liked my raincoat so i can't really complain

Old 05.17.2006, 05:18 PM   #9
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I used to be naive enough to think that all the people he was inviting into his flat for a gig were not being charged until a dear friend illuminated me about the whole thing.Drawing blood for art purposes?Fuck off!

you mean, he was getting blood from other people for his whole "blood art" thing? i thought it was all his own that went into them, although you'd be right, he could probably muster up enough blood for a picture of a stick man before he fell down on the ground, weak.
were you his neighbour porkmarras? i'd say that was a bit mental
Old 05.17.2006, 06:11 PM   #10
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
i read an opinion of this on another forum that raised a good point. If marilyn manson did what doherty does he'd be discussed in parliament, lobbied by parent groups and not allowed into the country.
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 08:50 PM   #11
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, I'm sorry im just a dumb yank, so i dont really have to deal with him being in my countries tabloids everyday (that honor goes to britney spears and jessica simpson) so I really and truly enjoy his music. Loved the Libertines(c'mon in a catchy as fuck way) and the Babyshambles arent' have bad. I'm sure I would feel different if I lived in the UK, where I hear some people worship him. "but I just dig the tunes, maaaan" hehehe
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 09:20 PM   #12
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
well if i was a junkie and people were worshiping me for it id ride it as far as i could and yeah get wasted and fuck super models, any smackhead would do that crap if you gave them fame and wealth,

so i dont blame him for that, i do however blame the stupid fucking idiots that love him, alot of people think hes the savior of modern music (how i dont know) some kind of poetic genius,

anyway because of him, theres now a genre called post-libs (which is all shite) every fucking ponce indie rock fan dresses like him and pretends to be him,

i met him a couple of years ago at a libertines gig and hes alright and was polite, our mate emmett has met him a good few times and he put him on the guestlist for a babyshambels gig which was pretty kind actually, ive never really been fussedabout any of his music although i did enjoy their set when i saw them, also bernard butler produced some of the libs stuff so thats cool,

still 17 year old tossers with that just got out of bed hair and cowboy boots, thats right the guys you wear ties and dont clean under their nail in attempt to gain the attention of fellow doherty admirers,

they can fuck off,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 02:42 AM   #13
xpressway2yrskull
little trouble girl

xpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbars
still 17 year old tossers with that just got out of bed hair and cowboy boots, thats right the guys you wear ties and dont clean under their nail in attempt to gain the attention of fellow doherty admirers,

they can fuck off

Too true. I usually care very little about what a 'rockstar' likes to do in their spare time. What sets Doherty apart is the continuing support he receives from his admirers. Every other guy in school fits soapbar's description and to me, this act isn't the kind of thing to be supported. Around 2002-3 I thought The Libertines could do no wrong, it's frustrating the way many people still believe this today.
xpressway2yrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 02:55 AM   #14
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
you mean, he was getting blood from other people for his whole "blood art" thing? i thought it was all his own that went into them, although you'd be right, he could probably muster up enough blood for a picture of a stick man before he fell down on the ground, weak.
were you his neighbour porkmarras? i'd say that was a bit mental
When i used to reside in Islington he lived very near my bedsit.If you took a double-decker bus you could literally look insiede his bedroom and i bumped into him on a few occasions.Spookily enough when i moved to Shoreditch he moved right next to the Mosque near my house.My ex flatmate went into the local shop and all these girls were talking how there was going to be a big party into his flat.About that photograph,didnt he say that he was drawing blood from that girl's arm because he wanted to use it for one of his paintings?Pathetic.

Old 05.18.2006, 05:43 AM   #15
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
About that photograph,didnt he say that he was drawing blood from that girl's arm because he wanted to use it for one of his paintings?Pathetic.

yeah yr right sorry, totally pathetic.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth