Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Idiots.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2006, 04:38 AM   #21
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
i was bothered by that question too,eventually i ended up answering "we play pop post-rock"
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 06:39 AM   #22
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
When someone asks me what i listen to....i just give a breif overview of bands im into at the moment. Or just say "ohhhh....anything really" I dont go into too much detail....
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 09:10 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
And when I wake up in the morning
My mouth's all parched and dry
And I crawl to the refrigerator
And I look inside
And I feel like somebody drove nails
Into my head and eyes
And I'm hoping and I'm praying
I hope there's one more beer
Old 07.14.2006, 09:23 AM   #24
Signpost
stalker

Signpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's asses
Well, if someone asks me what I listen to I usually say that I like avantgarde and experimental stuff. In most cases the conversation ends right there.
Old 07.14.2006, 01:07 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, crikey, someone doesn't understand the music you're listening to. Crikey-oh-blinking-riley.

If you people are still in school, then fair enough. Forming a musical identity is very important.

I used to be a complete elitist about what I was listening to. And after a while I realised that I was being a complete snob, and that the kids listening to Happy Hardcore were utterly right, music should be fun. It has other functions as well, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying music. There's also nothing wrong with delving a little deeper, but one should be wary of that being a good thing a priori. I used to be quite dismissive of other people's tastes. Oh, they think Green Day is punk. I had a mate down a pub I used to drink in who would repeat all the cliches. Green Day are Punk. Red Hot Chilli Peppers are great. Nirvana are pretty cool. No, I don't know Sonic Youth/ Pavement/ whatever. I dismissed him. After a few months of talking to him, I suddenly realise that the man is the fucking University of Jazz. Utterly schooled me on it. Lent me all this wild shit I'd never heard of before. Made all the crappy indie I was listening to seem like utterly insipid bollocks. Which a lot of it was.

Any way. The point is - judge not lest ye be judged...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:08 PM   #26
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
experimental is the key word, it just confuses most people.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:13 PM   #27
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I do know the guy. He does not listen to Jazz.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 02:13 PM   #28
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I hope I can type this so it makes sense.

I was in Info Tech class today, listening to my mp3 player innocently, write my end of course report, when the guy sitting next to me asks: "What are you listening to?". Pavement, I reply. "I don't know what that is. Thats a bad name for a band. So what kind of music do you like? Rap?". "It's really hard to describe my musical taste" I reply. "Do you like 'indie'? Or just 'rock'?". I say "not really". "Punk? Do you like Green Day?". I, more annoyed than anything, reply "Green Day is not punk. And no."

He asks me to show him a website with music I like. Ecstatic Peace, of course. At this point the guy sitting next to me on the other side points to a bespectacled Thurston and says "OMG LOL THATS YOU. HE HAS GLASSES AND THE SAME HAIR AND EVERYTHING". Of course, I don't look like a 40+ man, and my hair is no way near as cool.

The same guy says to the guy who was first talking to me, "He listens to the beach boys because he thinks it'll make him DIFFERENT". I said "I listen to the beach boys because they're fucking good". I'm talking to a guy who argues that RHCP are the greatest band in history and walks around singing Green Day songs.

Retards.

went to university with a spoilt brat like that. 'thats not music thats just noise'. fucker. he went to iraq i thing and probably got addicted to smack.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 02:17 PM   #29
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I usually name a few bands I like and then I say I like jazz aswell (I do) and then people usually respond with "you like jazz?".
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth