Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 2009 Set Lists -- POST HERE!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.20.2009, 01:49 PM   #221
Bravewayne
empty page

Bravewayne has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmacneil
The Wonder and Hyperstation? holy shit!

Can't believe this show ... Was so disappointed with Dallas, and drove six hours to redeem my love for SY and it worked! KC was amazing -- the crowd was better, they played two encores, lots of dancing from Kim, and they stretched some of the songs -- especially the wonder -- into the most amazing sounds ...

Anyone have the setlist in order yet?
Bravewayne is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 01:18 AM   #222
The Hammered
empty page

The Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's assesThe Hammered kicks all y'all's asses
Milwaukee was fantastic. Awesome Color were great as well; unfortunately, I didn't know any of their songs. I have most of SY's setlist in order, but not all.

Sacred Trickster
No Way
Calming the Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Walkin Blue
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
(Here "Leaky Lifeboat," "Hey Joni," "Antenna," and "Malibu Gas Station" were played, possibly in that order or something close.)
Massage the History
Pacific Coast Highway
(encore break)
What We Know
Tom Violence
(encore break)
Shadow of a Doubt
Death Valley '69

I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anything out, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could give the order of the four songs I have jumbled together.

Other notes about the show: before, Kim and Lee talked for a while about how Thurston had drunk a malt (?) and was going to throw up. Thurston looked sick and sat facing away from the audience for a while, but seemed to be fine once they started playing. The mosh pit started up around Poison Arrow, I think. Kim shook hands with the audience during PCH. Lots of noise teases and interludes.
The Hammered is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 02:02 AM   #223
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I squeezed her finger -melts-

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 01:34 AM   #224
mikkohermosa
empty page

mikkohermosa has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Just back from first ave show.

Outside of "The Eternal", the set list was very Sister-heavy. Catholic Block, White Cross, and Stereo Sanctity were all rocked hard.

Oh yeah, Silver Rocket thrown in there, too. Holy F@^$!!!

And 2nd encore closed, bruisingly with DV69.

Jawdropping show.

All the 20 year old rockers should just give up and go home
mikkohermosa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 02:44 AM   #225
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkohermosa
Just back from first ave show.

Outside of "The Eternal", the set list was very Sister-heavy. Catholic Block, White Cross, and Stereo Sanctity were all rocked hard.

Oh yeah, Silver Rocket thrown in there, too. Holy F@^$!!!

And 2nd encore closed, bruisingly with DV69.

Jawdropping show.

All the 20 year old rockers should just give up and go home
It was awesome...there was so much energy between the band and the crowd...and playing my three favorite songs from Sister took it over the top for me, not to mention DV69 - I haven't seen them do that in over 10 years.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 03:36 AM   #226
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
first full vid to appear of Stereo Sanctity from last night, i am beyond jealous of those who will and have seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_xDryJBEI
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 07:06 AM   #227
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Pantos, I'm starting to believe your "Don't Look Back" vibe.
Old 07.23.2009, 07:53 PM   #228
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
WOW!! the band has been playing lots of different songs in this tour. I think that's not very common. Chris?

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 08:26 PM   #229
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
42 songs so far this year, which is a record. Only 35 on this North American tour, though... wanna know which ones they've left out?

- 100%
- Burning Spear
- Eric's Trip
- Kool Thing
- Mote
- Schizophrenia
- Teenage Riot
- Bull in the Heather (once on tour)

It's almost like they read our minds. (and by 'our' I mean the collective fanbase seeking more varied set lists, or at least a break from the 'staples' of years past) .. As far as I'm concerned this tour has the best set lists of the decade.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 08:38 PM   #230
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxhemian
i though they did but i could be mistaken. rather than argue, maybe someone else can confirm or deny this.

they didn't
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 09:36 PM   #231
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
They played Bull... in Chile. and prolly they could easily add Drunken.. and Skip-Tracer to the setlist. Too bad they stopped playing Sunday in 2006. Anyway...Long Live the Sonic-Youth!!!

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 09:59 PM   #232
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
42 songs so far this year, which is a record. Only 35 on this North American tour, though... wanna know which ones they've left out?

- 100%
- Burning Spear
- Eric's Trip
- Kool Thing
- Mote
- Schizophrenia
- Teenage Riot

It's almost like they read our minds. (and by 'our' I mean the collective fanbase seeking more varied set lists, or at least a break from the 'staples' of years past) .. As far as I'm concerned this tour has the best set lists of the decade.

I believe so too. I know they granted my wish in Nashville by playing 4 of 6 'other tunes' than The Eternal that I'd never heard live. Somehow they just knew !

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 11:23 AM   #233
fauxhemian
empty page

fauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's assesfauxhemian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
they didn't

a little slow on your confirmation, eh. i think we covered it a few pages back. thanks though.
fauxhemian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 09:23 AM   #234
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
OK Boise and Spokane. Where are they? Was anybody at those shows?
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 01:02 PM   #235
and i sound like this....
empty page

and i sound like this.... has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Spokane 7-24
all of the eternal minus thunderclap with hey joni silver rocket and catholic block thrown in. The encores gave up shadow of a doubt and expressway. It was the first time they played this town and they blew minds! The crowd was loving it and the band could tell another amazing show.
and i sound like this.... is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 01:15 PM   #236
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
for Boise which Jenn texted me, not sure on the Eternal songs, but the others were

Shadow of a Doubt
Stereo Sanctity
The Sprawl
Cross the Breeze
Tom Violence
White Kross
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 04:01 PM   #237
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
SPOKANE

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming the Snake
Hey Joni
Malibu Gas Station
Anti-Orgasm
Poison Arrow
Walkin Blue
Catholic Block
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Massage the History
Silver Rocket
--
Shadow of a Doubt
Schizophrenia
--
What We Know
Expressway
--
Sugar Spokane

...k not funny.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2009, 02:19 AM   #238
danrutten
empty page

danrutten has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Non-Eternal Seattle Songs:

Rain King
Hey Joni
(one more, I'm spacing right now)
Cross The Breeze

Encore:
Death Valley 69
danrutten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2009, 07:33 AM   #239
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
they played sugar kane?

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2009, 08:03 AM   #240
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrutten
Non-Eternal Seattle Songs:

Rain King
Hey Joni
(one more, I'm spacing right now)
Cross The Breeze

Encore:
Death Valley 69

Rain King? That's doubtful.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
91011 12 131415 > »