Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page sandy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2012, 11:19 AM   #41
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
O fuxk! Are the gawker sites working again? I've had an IO9 jones since last night when they a went down...

Fuck Sandy.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2012, 11:21 AM   #42
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Lost my power last night around 9 pm - the lights had been flickering so I wasn't surprised, the big boom was surprising. I went outside and it is very strange in the East Village without any power. There were these big pieces of sheet metal flying around, so me and some other people secured them. Since there are no trains or buses I walked in to the office in midtown. Its damn dangerous without traffic lights, the one cop directing traffic at 23rd St should get a bonus for combat pay.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2012, 03:51 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
stay safe tesla
Old 11.01.2012, 06:35 AM   #44
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
40 billion $ already

the good news IRAN is offering help
and CUBA is showing compassion ooohhhh

how wonderfull to get help from people who put flowers on the grave of the unknown soldier after a fresh genocide to make the international picture sell

we did not killed all those people, it was the giraffes and the elephants that did that genocide

yes yes
stupid world wide population believes you

fuck you man
you are supportive to warcrimes this means you are also guilty of warcrimes
you better give your apebrain some help goddamed assad supporters
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2012, 06:54 AM   #45
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
romney asking for people to donate to help the victims of the storm

are you insaine?

99% of americans are poor
1% is rich

if you are going to be president and already are asking from the people to give their money wich is low because all prices will go up no matter what

the basic construction of politics is... 1 to keep people stupid and 2 to keep people poor so there is a garantee that they stay stupid

so don't come play'ing the wise ass you political slaves of the rich

ok do i make clear what it is all about

if there is a president ...
the president is fully responisble for the financial situation of the people

the president is fully responsible that money flows around to all people
and that prices stay low

so living a life in that place of the world is comfortable and enjoyable
wich creates happy and healthy people/ population

a population that doesn't worry about financials
Old 11.01.2012, 07:00 AM   #46
gast30
invito al cielo

the financial world is one that needs to be brought to funcionality of the population and fast
before a snowball effect of endless problems go into the future and disturb and stress the life of the next generation of childeren

childeren, nice childeren
what in the world do they have to do with the greed of top bank officials and corrupt politicians and fraudeluss activity's

don't destroy the future of the childeren

i mean all the childeren in the world
childeren world wide

who one day have a look around on planet earth where they have to live their lives

it is not the fault of the childeren that the older generations fucked up allmost everything on this planet like wild barbaric apes
Old 11.01.2012, 08:56 AM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Checked the YLT twitter and here are the last two:

http://twitter.com/TheRealYLT/status...160257/photo/1

i love their sense of humor
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2012, 10:33 AM   #48
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
stay safe tesla

thanks man, I'm just camping out in the East Village and walking to work. It was so weird last night being on St Marks on Halloween night and it was totally empty, other than the crazy traffic. Bloomberg did a good thing in stopping single drivers from coming into the city - but everyone is running out of gas - for me, I have to make sure I eat dinner before crossing 39th street into the null zone. There seems to be a problem with services like the Red Cross not showing up. I haven't seen anybody in the Village. I can't believe I missed it but supposedly the flood waters came up to Ave C.

I do have some serious concerns about fire.
Old 11.01.2012, 11:13 AM   #49
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
that's why gas is such a shitty utility, despite it's low cost. the severed gas service lines are the reason all those houses burned down. I won't have it in my neighborhood. There's a 16" high pressure line about 2 miles away, though. hey tesla, good luck and clear some pm's

ild
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2012, 11:15 AM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the fires started not just from gas lines, but because of transformers and power lines blowing up!
Old 11.01.2012, 11:46 AM   #51
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the fires started not just from gas lines, but because of transformers and power lines blowing up!

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2012, 11:52 AM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

goddamn autobots
Old 11.01.2012, 03:45 PM   #53
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
romney asking for people to donate to help the victims of the storm

are you insaine?

99% of americans are poor
1% is rich

if you are going to be president and already are asking from the people to give their money wich is low because all prices will go up no matter what

the basic construction of politics is... 1 to keep people stupid and 2 to keep people poor so there is a garantee that they stay stupid

so don't come play'ing the wise ass you political slaves of the rich

ok do i make clear what it is all about

if there is a president ...
the president is fully responisble for the financial situation of the people

the president is fully responsible that money flows around to all people
and that prices stay low

so living a life in that place of the world is comfortable and enjoyable
wich creates happy and healthy people/ population

a population that doesn't worry about financials

Clear as mud.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2012, 01:43 PM   #54
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
that's why gas is such a shitty utility, despite it's low cost. the severed gas service lines are the reason all those houses burned down. I won't have it in my neighborhood. There's a 16" high pressure line about 2 miles away, though. hey tesla, good luck and clear some pm's
ild

The system counts sent messages - i deleted them all....

I agree with you about gas, but the fact that I have gas has been a saving grace. Last night I heated a bunch of water to take a bath - well needed I assure you. A lot of delis and pizza places are still open below 39th st because their grills and ovens use gas.

The whole area is in stasis, just waiting. I visited a few bars last night int he null zone and everyone was very subdued. Everyone was talking about the robocalls from ConEdison, telling us we'll get our power back on no later than 11 pm Saturday. The new social phenomena I see are the generator clatches, groups of men gathered around their generators drinking coffee and talking.

Last night I got sick of listening to storm coverage so I dug out my unpowered Sony Speakers I bought on sale for $3 in 1997 and plugged them into my portable Cd player I bought in like 2002 and listened to SY live in 85 in San Francisco - the first music I've really listened to all week...then I listened to Siren by Roxy Music, skipping the first song...
Old 11.02.2012, 01:47 PM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
thanks man, I'm just camping out in the East Village and walking to work.

whoa, i just caught this--camping for real, or metaphorically on someone else's couch?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2012, 09:21 PM   #56
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It is very odd the generator noise constantly running that the wife n I heard when the last hurricane hit Houston and we had no power for 8 days.
Old 11.03.2012, 02:46 AM   #57
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2012, 09:38 AM   #58
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Someone came to work dressed as Sandy on Halloween. Everyone laughed, and ate pizza.

Meanwhile, my uncle and cousin were trapped in their Manhatten apartment, unable to reach my aunt who we though had died for about 14 hours.
She's fine, and they're all together, and we were fretting over nothing it turns out, but I don't live in an affected state, news was vague and frightening, and I was naturally worried about my family.

Fuck you, work.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2012, 05:05 PM   #59
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
whoa, i just caught this--camping for real, or metaphorically on someone else's couch?

metaphorically, thats all! I was about to pull out the down sleeping bag for the weekend but the power came back on Friday. It is still quiet in the Village and many people still do not have hot water or power, the water flooded up to Ave C.

Some of the survival stories seem impossible in 2012 in NYC - it is not supposed to happen but after a hundred years people forget they live at sea level or less, like in Staten Island, on a flood plain. I have not personally seen the red cross once on the past week which seems surprising.

Some of the subways are back, but the L is not, and that is a main line for young NYC. I have a feeling the G line is being left to rot and die.
Old 11.06.2012, 11:31 AM   #60
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Unless you're living in a fur-lined fallout shelter...

You've doubtless seen images or heard tales of the destruction, damage, havoc, and disgusting sludge that Superstorm Sandy brought upon the NJ/NY area. Unfortunately, WFMU fell victim to storm damage in a myriad of ways, and we need to recover FAST in order to remain solvent.
We are fortunate to have avoided flooding, and everyone is safe (though many DJs suffered personal damage and dislocation), but the financial realities of cancelling our annual Record Fair on top of the substantial electrical damage the storm brought upon our equipment has forced us to beg for your help immediately.
Please make a pledge to help WFMU's storm recovery efforts!
Read on for the gory details concerning WFMU's storm-related crisis.

WFMU's Record Fair is an annual and necessary benefit event that nets approximately $70,000 profit for the station thanks to sales, table fees, and entrance fees. The event involves a substantial initial layout of funds by WFMU ($80,000): space rental costs (which are incredibly high, the venue is a huge space in prime Manhattan), printing and postage fees for mailing postcards, ad fees for print and online publicity, plus paypal, credit card, and check processing fees for table payments. WFMU rents tables to individual record dealers, the vast majority of whom pre-pay, and this nearly offsets the cost of the space rental. When the storm hit, power was completely knocked out at the Metropolitan Pavilion (and most of Manhattan below 39th St). Subways were down, streetlights were non-functional, and access points into NYC were flooded. Needless to say, circumstances beyond our control forced us to cancel the Record Fair.
Cancellation of the Record Fair meant we suddenly needed to refund table fees to record dealers, those same funds were what helped us pay for the space rental (which may or may not be refunded to us, we may have no choice but to apply the money towards next year's fair). On top of that, cancellation meant that WFMU missed out on income from record, CD, and swag sales plus entrance fees. The math is not complicated. WFMU takes a huge loss from cancelling the Record Fair, on the order of $150,000.
As many of you know, the storm knocked out power at WFMU's Jersey City studios and at BOTH of our FM transmitter sites. The station was silent from the night of Oct. 29th until the morning of Oct. 30th, when WFMU began webcasting in exile from various DJs' homes. Late on Oct. 31st, power was restored in Jersey City, and the next morning WFMU resumed webcasting from our Jersey City studios.
When power was restored in Jersey City, we soon discovered that the outage combined with subsequent electrical surges had caused significant damage to our equipment. To date, here's what we've lost: Ichiban stream computer, WFMU's backup streaming computer (also handles our web-only shows), our interconnectivity equipment at WMFU, as well as plenty of audio processing equipment. WFMU's main ISP is out, our phone system is shot, our fire alarm system is damaged, and we are without a remote access system. We won't know the extent of the damage until our services are completely restored. We have cobbled together some temporary solutions to these issues, but replacements are inevitable.
WFMU's 91.1 FM transmitter came back on the air on Mon Nov 5th, one week after it was knocked out, but we are still off the air at 90.1 FM. Power was actually restored at 90.1 FM, but electrical damage and/or flooding has rendered broadcasting impossible. We know that some interconnection equipment was damaged, but we are still trying to assess what needs to be replaced.
All of this adds up to one sad truth: Sandy kicked WFMU's ass and the next few months will be incredibly difficult for us. Your support now is essential to our survival. Please pledge now.

Take Me to The WFMU Pledge Page Now!
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth