Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page a question
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2008, 05:54 PM   #41
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I have always said it, man: There is no time like the present.

Quoted!

You're totally right, though - right now is the "good old days".
Old 07.16.2008, 05:54 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i was born too late, i was born to soon
and every time i look at that ugly moon
it reminds me of you... it reminds me of you...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 05:58 PM   #43
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I recognize the Patti Smith quote, but what's that one from?
Old 07.16.2008, 06:01 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Okay, I recognize the Patti Smith quote, but what's that one from?

babelogue.

the other is the violent femmes ha ha.

im out. need ZZZZZZZZ.
Old 07.16.2008, 06:02 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps-

1) Babelogue

I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future. Over the skin of silk are scars from the splinters of stations and walls I've caressed. A stage is like each bolt of wood, like a log of Helen, is my pleasure. I would measure the success of a night by the way by the way by the amount of piss and seed I could exude over the columns that nestled the P.A. Some nights I'd surprise everybody by skipping off with a skirt of green net sewed over with flat metallic circles which dazzled and flashed. The lights were violet and white. I had an ornamental veil, but I couldn't bear to use it. When my hair was cropped, I craved covering, but now my hair itself is a veil, and the scalp inside is a scalp of a crazy and sleepy Comanche lies beneath this netting of the skin. I wake up. I am lying peacefully I am lying peacefully and my knees are open to the sun. I desire him, and he is absolutely ready to seize me. In heart I am a Moslem; in heart I am an American; in heart I am Moslem, in heart I'm an American artist, and I have no guilt. I seek pleasure. I seek the nerves under your skin. The narrow archway; the layers; the scroll of ancient lettuce. We worship the flaw, the belly, the belly, the mole on the belly of an exquisite whore. He spared the child and spoiled the rod. I have not sold myself to God.

2) (i posted this elsewhere yesterday. now it comes handy again.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38173Xi4TZc
Old 07.16.2008, 07:22 PM   #46
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i haven't fucked much with the past but ive fucked plenty with the future.

stoned in space, zeus, christ

oh shit that's from high on rebellion

oh well

every thread needs more patti smith in it
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 07:33 PM   #47
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I'm totally familiar with Patti Smith and her stuff (after all, I was in LOVE w/ her for Chrissake), but the other bit about mooning somebody was totally new to me.
Old 07.16.2008, 08:01 PM   #48
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future. Over the skin of silk are scars from the splinters of stations and walls I've caressed. A stage is like each bolt of wood, like a log of Helen, is my pleasure. I would measure the success of a night by the way by the way by the amount of piss and seed I could exude over the columns that nestled the P.A. Some nights I'd surprise everybody by skipping off with a skirt of green net sewed over with flat metallic circles which dazzled and flashed. The lights were violet and white. I had an ornamental veil, but I couldn't bear to use it. When my hair was cropped, I craved covering, but now my hair itself is a veil, and the scalp inside is a scalp of a crazy and sleepy Comanche lies beneath this netting of the skin. I wake up. I am lying peacefully I am lying peacefully and my knees are open to the sun. I desire him, and he is absolutely ready to seize me. In heart I am a Moslem; in heart I am an American; in heart I am Moslem, in heart I'm an American artist, and I have no guilt. I seek pleasure. I seek the nerves under your skin. The narrow archway; the layers; the scroll of ancient lettuce. We worship the flaw, the belly, the belly, the mole on the belly of an exquisite whore. He spared the child and spoiled the rod. I have not sold myself to God.

baby was a black sheep
baby was a whore
baby got big and baby get bigger
baby get something
baby want more
baby baby baby is a rock n roll nigger
look around you
all around you
riding on a copper wave
do you like the world around you
are you ready to behave?
outside of society
they're waiting for me
out side of society
that's where i wanna be

LENNY!

baby was a black sheep
baby was a whore
well you know she got big
and she gonna get bigger
baby got a hand
got a finger on the trigger
baby baby baby is a rock n roll nigger

outside of society
that's where i wanna be
outside of society
they're waiting for me

i was lost in a valley of pleasure
i was lost in the infinite sea
i was lost and measure for measure
love spewed from the heart of me
i was lost
and the cost
and the cost didn't matter to me
i was lost
and the cost
was to be outside society

jimi hendrix was a nigger
jesus christ and grandma too
jackson pollock was a nigger
nigger nigger nigger nigger
nigger nigger nigger

outside of society
theyre waiting for me
outside of society
that's where i wanna be

i typed all that out from memory
Old 07.16.2008, 08:04 PM   #49
gmku
invito al cielo

You can't always git wot you wa-annt.
Well, you can't always git wot you wa-annt.
I said, you can't always git wot you wa-annt...
But if you try some time, uh, well, you jest might find, mm, you git wot you neeeeeedddd.... babbee...

I typed all that out from memory
Old 07.16.2008, 08:13 PM   #50
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Thankee kindly...i fink i busted a button on my trousers, hope they don't fall down...ya don't want my trousers to fall down, now DO YA?
Old 07.16.2008, 08:27 PM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

Here are my favorite Stones lyrics of all they ever did:

Mister President, Mister Immigration Man,
Let me in, sweetie, to your fair land.
I'm Tampa bound and Memphis too,
Short Fat Fanny is on the loose.
Dig that sound on the radio,
Then slip it right across into Buffalo.
Dick and Pat in ole D.C.,
Well they're gonna hold some shit for me.
Old 07.16.2008, 10:11 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you can't always get what you want also features some great piano action by stu.

--

ps cankers is a reincarnated hippie. died of overdose in 1977 together with early punk. spent 20 years in bardo until she found her way back to earth.
Old 07.16.2008, 10:15 PM   #53
gmku
invito al cielo

Yes. The Stones never gave their piano guys enough credit.
Old 07.16.2008, 10:30 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yes. The Stones never gave their piano guys enough credit.

it was no piano guys. it was stu. he was a founding member & got kicked out because of his looks.

lemmi search you sumpin'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stewart_(musician)

Born in Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland, and raised in Sutton, Surrey, Stewart (who was often called Stu) started playing piano when he was about six years old. He also took up banjo, and played with various Sutton-area amateur groups on both instruments.[1] Stewart, who loved rhythm & blues, boogie-woogie and blues as well as big-band jazz, was the first person to respond to Brian Jones's advertisement in Jazz News of 2 May 1962 seeking musicians interested in forming a rhythm & blues group.[2] Mick Jagger and Keith Richards joined them in June, and the group (with Dick Taylor on bass and either Mick Avory or Tony Chapman on drums) played their first gig under the name The Rollin' Stones at the Marquee Club on 12 July 1962.[3][4] By January 1963 Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts had also joined, replacing a series of off-and-on bassists and drummers.[4]

Stewart had a regular job at Imperial Chemical Industries in addition to his work with the fledgling Rolling Stones. None of the other band members had a telephone; Stewart said, "[My] desk at ICI was the headquarters of the Stones organisation. My number was advertised in Jazz News and I handled the Stones' bookings at work." He also bought a van to transport the group and their equipment to their gigs.[5]

In early May 1963, the band's new manager, Andrew Loog Oldham, informed the Rolling Stones that Stewart should no longer be part of the onstage line-up, saying that six members would be too many for a popular group and that Stewart's appearance didn't fit the band's image.[6] He proposed that Stewart could stay with the band as road manager, and could continue to play piano on recordings.

Stewart accepted this demotion. Keith Richards has said: "[Stu] might have realised that in the way it was going to have to be marketed, he would be out of sync, but that he could still be a vital part. I'd probably have said, 'Well, fuck you', but he said 'OK, I'll just drive you around.' That takes a big heart, but Stu had one of the largest hearts around."[7]

etc etc-- amusing anecdotes follow.

later:

When the Stones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, they requested that Stewart's name be included as a member of the band.
Old 07.16.2008, 10:36 PM   #55
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you can't always get what you want also features some great piano action by stu.

--

ps cankers is a reincarnated hippie. died of overdose in 1977 together with early punk. spent 20 years in bardo until she found her way back to earth.
hippie? my ass. i was born on neptune.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:34 PM   #56
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i would've loved to expierence punk rock 1979-1983. actually i just feel like i was born and raised in the wrong town and at the wrong time and the wrong scene. washington dc 1979 until about now i guess would be my ideal time and place for me to live in.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2008, 12:07 AM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i would've loved to expierence punk rock 1979-1983. actually i just feel like i was born and raised in the wrong town and at the wrong time and the wrong scene. washington dc 1979 until about now i guess would be my ideal time and place for me to live in.

i think i posted you michael little's article already, didn't i? yeah...

i love dc, but you might be mythologizing what is basically a lawyer town...
Old 07.17.2008, 12:37 AM   #58
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i think i posted you michael little's article already, didn't i? yeah...

i love dc, but you might be mythologizing what is basically a lawyer town...

i just wanted to be part of the punk scene there. that's all.
Old 07.17.2008, 12:39 AM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i just wanted to be part of the punk scene there. that's all.

buncha puritans

-- did i link you that article? please confirm. the one where mckaye is blamed for ruining dc music ha ha ha.
Old 07.17.2008, 12:52 AM   #60
uhler
invito al cielo

yeah you did but i had to disagree with him since i don't think anyone would care about dc music if it wasn't for him and his friends.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth