Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Nicfit, a question for you about Italy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.02.2015, 03:33 AM   #1
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Sei scemo o mangi sassi?

no, srsly, that was the worst joke ever.

My original question was - we're planning to go to Italy sometime in summer, with my woman and with our baby girl. I was wondering, can you recommend us some family-friendly places, preferably by the sea, not too bustling with loud tourists?
I've heard good things about Caorle.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2015, 05:57 AM   #2
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
my great grandmother was from caorle and yes it's incredibly beautiful, also means that you can do just a day trip into venice without having to deal with the total shitstorm that is that hole for too long a period.

also would recommend where my nonno was from, riva at the top of lago di garda. from memory was only a 2.5-3 hour drive and is also very close to verona etc.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2015, 07:53 AM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Sei scemo o mangi sassi?

HAHAHA, I laughed a lot reading that, actually...

Back to the question:

I'm not a big sea-fan (I went for too many years to the same place near Ferrara, Lido di Spina, and it kinda made me get bored with "the sea", but I'll try to help..).

Could you specify a bit more what you mean with "summer"?
I'm asking because there are quite a lot of places that "change" during the summer months, and get a bit too "packed" with tourists in August, for example..

Last July I spent a week of vacation in some areas around Parco del Conero, there are NICE beaches (some with pebbles rather than sand) and wonderful surroundings there, and I liked it more than "usual" beacheas because right behind the beaches there's Mount Conero and its national park, so there's quite a bit of variety in landscapes etc.

A couple lame links to help getting a better idea of the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZbI0FnB2Sc
http://en.rivieradelconero.info/

cons: it's definitely not as close as Caorle from where you are, and some of the "nicer looking" beaches have no services (no bars/restrooms etc), which is great for some peaceful days at the sea, but could be a bit problematic with a little baby with you..

Caorle, Bibione and Lignano (a few km from each other) are all nice places.
Lignano is more "alive" and packed with tourists in August
Caorle and Bibione are probably more "family-friendly", and both could be a good choice.

I'd say try to get some more infos on the services and surroundings to determine which one seems more suited for your needs.

Shouldn't be too pricey either, compared with some other areas of the italian coasts.

If you "google" some aerial view of those beaches you can see the difference with the Conero area (northern coast=plains, Conero=mount).

Guest is right, that side of the Garda Lake is reeeeaaaally pretty, and there are many interesting places close enough to be reached in an hour or so with a car. I went there for vacation on new year's eve, haha, coincidence. It's more "touristic" than other places (lots of restaurants, shops etc) , but it's not "loud" tourism (it's not Rimini..), but it's also not "the sea", if you get what I mean.
From there I went for a ciaspolata on mount Tremalzo, and it's nice because within an hour and 30mins you go from the lake to 1800mt on sea level.

You can also check Lidi Ferraresi (the fact that I'm tired of going there doesn't mean you/other people could enjoy those places, haha)
http://www.lidicomacchio.it/en/lidi-...ara_44c47.html
There's quite a lot of people in July-August, but there's also quite a lot of "room" on the beaches, and there are "free" areas too..

anyway, I'll ask some friends for some more tips and post some more if I come across something interesting.

So many ""s it's embarassing.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2015, 03:27 PM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Lake Garda is beautiful. We stayed in Malcesine, and loved it. It was great to be able to go around the lake on all the ferries, and to take the cable car up the mountain to see the lake from on high.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2015, 03:48 PM   #5
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I recall the Ferrari, Alfa and Lamborghini museums as pretty great, if you're into any of that
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth