Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page what is your favorite album?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2007, 06:51 AM   #81
iskandertime
little trouble girl

iskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's assesiskandertime kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, you are correct! That's a good idea about the CD.. I have a cd singles collection by the band Slug that does the same thing..
iskandertime is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 01:22 PM   #82
fab_wave
empty page

fab_wave has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The Velvet Underground & Nico
Daydream Nation
Sister
fab_wave is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 02:32 PM   #83
fuentes
empty page

fuentes chews with a vagina dentata

Ataxia - Automatic Writing
fuentes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:38 PM   #84
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite is Nurse, for consistency. Fuck I love how everyone has such different opinions, but you all love them the same. Everyone loves a different album best because everyone is looking for something different out of sonic youth, and sonic youth delivers. It's really amazing.

I just got 1000 leaves, and I'm not that into it yet. But I know I will be because some of you love it so much, and so legitimately, and I just have to try to see it through your eyes
Old 08.14.2007, 10:28 PM   #85
yumopal
little trouble girl

yumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud of
this moment i want to choose evol
and my favorite... star power
lovethe drumming, vocal, guitar, lyrics
feel like dreaming

from syr1,2,3,4,6 what would you choose to recommand ? i'm looking forward to buy one
yumopal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 10:30 PM   #86
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
daydream
Old 08.14.2007, 10:31 PM   #87
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumopal
this moment i want to choose evol
and my favorite... star power
lovethe drumming, vocal, guitar, lyrics
feel like dreaming

from syr1,2,3,4,6 what would you choose to recommand ? i'm looking forward to buy one

I have heard marvellous thing about syr4
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 10:33 PM   #88
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Bad Moon Rising
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 12:45 PM   #89
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumopal

Definitely start with SYR1 and go sequentially from there. Anagrama (the song) is brilliant.
Old 08.17.2007, 03:52 PM   #90
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
DAYDREAM NATION

My favourite SY album and my favourite album ever.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 04:51 PM   #91
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Syr 1 and 2 are more structured jams with familiar sounds of mille feuille in the making. Syr 3 has Jim Orourke's hand in making 20, even 30 minute noise jams come true. XXth Century is a high water mark of that century's composers done sonicly. Syr 5 is Japanese sampling madness with kim singing on every song save the first. ok, maybe not singing but verbalizing. possibly my favorite behind...SYR 6: if you like Text of Light, this is the syr to get. 65 minutes split into three parts. Brakhage in the background. steve with all sorts of percussive tricks and everyone else doing what they do sonicly. I suggest buying them all...be brave and be rewarded. Get them on vinyl if you want the fancy wax.

BAD MOON RISING OR NYC G&F for my favorite sonic releases.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 10:19 PM   #92
Phaniebangs
empty page

Phaniebangs has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Just bought s/t debut EP, and im very impressed. Id herd it was crap, and lx compared to other early re;eases, and i guess it is a little less harsh on the ears, but still brilliant in a differnt way 'Idreamed..' is my fave song, kinda reminds me of Macbeth drom the whitey Album
Phaniebangs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 10:44 PM   #93
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
my favourite album at the moment is not a sonic youth one but still associated as it was produced by leel ranaldo - you am i - sound as ever
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 01:33 AM   #94
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Bad Moon Rising. Also my favorite Sonic Youth album.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 03:10 AM   #95
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Bad Moon / NYC Ghosts.
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 10:46 AM   #96
yumopal
little trouble girl

yumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud ofyumopal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
Syr 1 and 2 are more structured jams with familiar sounds of mille feuille in the making. Syr 3 has Jim Orourke's hand in making 20, even 30 minute noise jams come true. XXth Century is a high water mark of that century's composers done sonicly. Syr 5 is Japanese sampling madness with kim singing on every song save the first. ok, maybe not singing but verbalizing. possibly my favorite behind...SYR 6: if you like Text of Light, this is the syr to get. 65 minutes split into three parts. Brakhage in the background. steve with all sorts of percussive tricks and everyone else doing what they do sonicly. I suggest buying them all...be brave and be rewarded. Get them on vinyl if you want the fancy wax.

BAD MOON RISING OR NYC G&F for my favorite sonic releases.

thanks! and i also like tom violence announcement in your information
yumopal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2007, 11:48 PM   #97
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Of the 5 albums I've bought more than once over the years, my favorite is EVOL. It's definitely one of my favorite albums of all-time. It has some of my favorite melodies.

The other four albums I like in this order:

2. A THOUSAND LEAVES
3. GOO
4. DAYDREAM NATION - I'm sure if I listened to this in my mom's car I'd love the hell out of it
5. MURRAY STREET

I must revisit - BAD MOON RISING, SONIC NURSE, & maybe SISTER, too

oh, and I have to check out the SYRs. I haven't heard a single one of them.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2007, 09:25 AM   #98
suez
empty page

suez has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
anyone likes Sonic Youth? i think that's great.

suez is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2007, 11:21 PM   #99
clever name
bad moon rising

clever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's asses
NYC Ghosts & Flowers

To all those who think it's pretentious, irritating, mediocre, meandering, or whatever else... you may be right on all counts, but it's even better for all of those reasons!

I'm not in a really proper position to make this call of "best album" because SY albums are best appreciated at the time of their publishing, and I'm only a newbie. Nurse made the most sense when experienced amidst the indie-rock world of the early 2000's. Dirty works best when considered as an adaptation to the grunge aesthetic. I really enjoy the earliest records, but it's still hard for me recognize how extraordinary they were back in the 80's. I was 5 years old then.
clever name is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2007, 03:14 AM   #100
sound_world
empty page

sound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant futuresound_world has a brilliant future
mine would have be,

1. Bad moon Rising
2. Dirty
3. Goo
4. Evol
5. Sister
sound_world is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth