Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page your experiences meeting SY
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.26.2009, 12:18 AM   #61
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
before the eternal came out they did this sacred trickster game on facebook where you made a sonic youth related quiz and the top 5 most taken quizzes got to "share a special experience with the band." It was on the home page for a bit and I was bored so I made a quiz about their lyrics and got a bunch of people to take it, and I ended up winning. After a bunch of emails with their manager I ended up getting a free tshirt, signed Eternal LP, poster, and a chance to meet them at their show in Oakland. I brought two friends (which I wasn't supposed to do) and their tour manager let us in the back (after Thurston came out and apologized for making us wait for an hour) and we went backstage and chilled with them for about 20 minutes. It was awkward at first because they were all sitting around the couch and we didn't really know what to do, but Kim told us to come sit down and it was totally fine from then on. They were all really friendly; Steve didn't talk much, Thurston was entertaining everyone, and Lee was talking with my friend about bob dylan. Kim was by far the nicest. I spent the whole time talking to her about my band, the shows we've played and her life these days. I told her about the time we covered dirty boots and Thurston chimed in saying they had been trying to relearn it. The doors were about to open so we had to go, but we got a quick tour of the backstage on our way out. All in all it was easily the best experience of my life.

I'm the kid in the purple tshirt

Let's bathe in a cup of dreams and share in a saucy toast
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 02:59 AM   #62
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle

nice pics!!!...look like a happy family!!
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 09:03 PM   #63
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
cool story/pics, epc!
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 12:27 AM   #64
Killthosecops
empty page

Killthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's assesKillthosecops kicks all y'all's asses
Met them at the urban outfitters show in Santa Monica back in 07. They were hanging out behind UO after the set and me and like 10 other people went back, got pictures, and stuff signed by them. They were all pretty chill people and very laid back.
Killthosecops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 12:37 AM   #65
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Wow.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 12:43 AM   #66
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
that is most def. "wow"

ok so it looks like i havent posted in this thread

over the summer i was at sy and awesome color's free show and i was walking through the park by the arch and i saw thurston so i said hey and i turned around and there was lee and kim. i chatted with them for a minute, they were pretty nice/cool. lee was especially nice. thurston said he liked my rocky horror button on my purse.

snapped some cool shots at the show w/ my holga and a couple of thurston.

Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 01:00 AM   #67
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
and I am still fuckin jealous.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 01:01 AM   #68
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
before the eternal came out they did this sacred trickster game on facebook where you made a sonic youth related quiz and the top 5 most taken quizzes got to "share a special experience with the band." It was on the home page for a bit and I was bored so I made a quiz about their lyrics and got a bunch of people to take it, and I ended up winning. After a bunch of emails with their manager I ended up getting a free tshirt, signed Eternal LP, poster, and a chance to meet them at their show in Oakland. I brought two friends (which I wasn't supposed to do) and their tour manager let us in the back (after Thurston came out and apologized for making us wait for an hour) and we went backstage and chilled with them for about 20 minutes. It was awkward at first because they were all sitting around the couch and we didn't really know what to do, but Kim told us to come sit down and it was totally fine from then on. They were all really friendly; Steve didn't talk much, Thurston was entertaining everyone, and Lee was talking with my friend about bob dylan. Kim was by far the nicest. I spent the whole time talking to her about my band, the shows we've played and her life these days. I told her about the time we covered dirty boots and Thurston chimed in saying they had been trying to relearn it. The doors were about to open so we had to go, but we got a quick tour of the backstage on our way out. All in all it was easily the best experience of my life.

I'm the kid in the purple tshirt

wow...That's awesome man
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 01:49 AM   #69
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
I've posted these before, but so what. After the Portland show this year...

Lee with the bands copies of my book

I also have a shot taken of me and other fans with Steve at a bar afterwards, but those folks who may not want their faces plastered on here. Although it IS on my PB page if you wanted to check it out.
Old 10.27.2009, 03:33 PM   #70
nuplastikk
empty page

nuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's assesnuplastikk kicks all y'all's asses
I met Steve a couple of times at Two Dollar Guitar shows. He was real cool and down to earth..i pretty much inquired further about Strange Fruit Abiku. I was Thurston at a Loren Mazzacace Connors show at the Cooler in 1999 or 2000, but he was gone by the time i mustered up enough confidence to ask him if he wanted to blaze.
Old 10.27.2009, 03:35 PM   #71
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I'm afraid if I ever met Kim Gordon, I'd be overcome with passion.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 04:17 PM   #72
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I'm afraid if I ever met Kim Gordon, I'd be overcome with passion.
kim kind of just stood there with her shades on and didnt say anything because shes that cool
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 04:38 PM   #73
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
kim kind of just stood there with her shades on and didnt say anything because shes that cool

Thinking about it, I'd probably be overcome with passion if I met you.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2009, 06:01 PM   #74
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i've never met SY but thurston moore gave me a funny look at ATP
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:06 PM   #75
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
Met them for the first time in the tuning room at Century Hall, Milwaukee,'85
Yes, I'm kind of old. Anyway, they were all very nice and appreciative of the turnout they got that night.
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 02:37 AM   #76
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
her experience meeting S.Y

chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 04:33 AM   #77
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
met thurston.....nice guy...
met steve....nicest guy ever.....totally cool!
there is another thread where i go into more detail!

same for me

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth