Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.04.2007, 07:01 AM   #121
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
tanqiu.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 07:18 AM   #122
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
Family Fodder - Monkey Banana Kitchen

LP
Fresh

01 Darling
02 Symbols
03 Savoir Faire
04 Cold Wars
05 Monkey
06 Wrong
07 Der Leiermann
08 Love Song
09 Bass Adds Bass
10 Philosophy
11 Cerf Volant
12 Banana

http://rapidshare.com/files/13870023...tchen.rar.html

http://anniesanimal.blogspot.com/200...ly-fodder.html
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 07:31 AM   #123
sarramkrop

BIKINI KILL - Peel Sessions (no label, 1993)

The most historic punk band from Washington State's capital visit the Radio 1 master. As per usual, you feel the true feminist menace in Kathleen's shrieks, but you hear something far more frightening, and perhaps more exciting in Tobi's voice on the last previously unreleased track. Is she not the kind of girl who's going to make you choose? Make you teas? Discuss in comments.

Side A

1. Star-Bellied Boy
2. Demirep

Side B

1. New Radio
2. Not Right Now

download

http://neurotrashcan.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 07:44 AM   #124
sarramkrop

Maureen Tucker: Playin’ Possum

Audio, Garage Rock

Maureen “Moe” Tucker, the Velvet Underground’s drummer, was notable in that even people who don’t pay a lot of attention to drummer styles can immediately pick her out. Her style — mallets, not sticks; no snares on the drums; very few cymbals; all to a Bo Diddley–influenced beat — was even more vital to the VU’s sound than John Cale’s viola, and it’s no coincidence that the only VU album she wasn’t on, 1970’s Loaded, was also by far their worst.
After the Velvets broke up, she moved to Texas and got a job at Wal-Mart, and concentrated on raising her large family. She finally went back to music in 1981, when she recorded her first album, Playin’ Possum. She recorded it in her living room (“between diaper changes”, she says) over a period of six months, overdubbing every instrument, and the result was quite odd; it doesn’t really sound like anything else. It’s one of my favorite albums (although I think her more conventional I Spent a Week There the Other Night is even better).
This is a difficult LP to find, and unlike the rest of her catalog it hasn’t been issued on CD. It was released on “Trash Records”, which I think was just Tucker’s own label. I managed to find a copy at a used-record store back in the late 1980s; I put it in storage with all my other records in a rural farmhouse I won in a bet and left it there for years. I went back a couple years ago and the roof had sprung a leak. Just one. In a giant house. And where else but directly above the one box that had most of my hard-to-find records like this one and a mono copy of the Velvet Underground’s first album with an unpeeled banana and Eric Emerson on the back (basically the equivalent of the Beatles’ “Butcher Cover”). The covers were destroyed by the water and mold was growing in the grooves. Sigh.

I managed to find another copy, finally, and it’s pretty clean, so here it is. Unfortunately, the cover has stickers all over it, so I can’t get a scan of it. I’m using the only image I can find on Google, which is much lower resolution than I would normally use. Sorry about that. I’m pretty happy with how the MP3s came out, though, so I guess that’s the important thing.
  1. Bo Diddley
  2. Heroin
  3. Slippin’ and Slidin’
  4. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
  5. Louie Louie
  6. Slippin’ and Slidin’
  7. Vivaldi’s Concerto in D Major
  8. Around and Around
  9. Ellas
http://www.dinosaurgardens.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 11:10 AM   #125
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Thank-you everyone! You've made this a great day (presuming my webtranet will allow these albums to download).

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 03:01 PM   #126
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The Danse Society - Womans Own (1982, UK, new wave/electronic)

Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 09:38 PM - Music, - UK, English
This is the first record I bought from The Danse Society, and it was the reason why I purchased a lot of their other stuff. But the Womans Own 12" still is the best. Continent deserves a 6 on the White Noise Scale.

1 Womans Own [3:24]
2 Continent [4:39]
3 We're so happy [5:05]
4 Belief [4:29]

[Listen low quality fragments]
[Download high quality at mediafire]
[Download high quality at easy share]

http://www.wiels.nl/blog/index.php?m...y070122-204108

Thanks for this. You don't by any chance have their version of 'In Heaven' - The Lady in the Radiator song from the Eraserhead soundtrack do you?

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 08:59 PM   #127
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
BIKINI KILL - Peel Sessions (no label, 1993)

The most historic punk band from Washington State's capital visit the Radio 1 master. As per usual, you feel the true feminist menace in Kathleen's shrieks, but you hear something far more frightening, and perhaps more exciting in Tobi's voice on the last previously unreleased track. Is she not the kind of girl who's going to make you choose? Make you teas? Discuss in comments.

Side A

1. Star-Bellied Boy
2. Demirep

Side B

1. New Radio
2. Not Right Now

download

http://neurotrashcan.blogspot.com/
thanks so much for this!
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2007, 07:31 AM   #128
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn

Minna Tanoshiku (Everyone Happy)
i wrote about this band, and this cassette, at my blog at http://www.trapperjennmd.org/2007/05...shiku-and.html.

beyond excellent, awesoma power
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2007, 01:07 AM   #129
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Another slice of 80's cassette culture.

This one's called - Beyond Entertainment, and includes contributions from UV Pop and O Yuki Conjugate amongst others.

It was released in 1985 along with a little magazine containing info about the bands.

Enjoy: http://www.sendspace.com/file/iwhpbk

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2007, 05:36 AM   #130
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Les Rallizes Denudes - Flightless Bird

Listen to 'Flightless Bird'

Alas, this is only a stream but there's some ace stuff on this Les Rallizes comp. Came out last year on a label that usually puts out 60's garage stuff and went straight into the hands of collectors.

The link is from Head Heritage and you can read about it there:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung...themonth/1711/
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 04:54 AM   #131
sarramkrop

Thank you guys. Here's some more:

My Cat Is An Alien — Introducing The Cosmic Blues (2006, Important Records, Italy)

This is a rare, limited to only 300 copies 7-inch. Each copy came w/ an individual Polaroid taken by one half of MCIAA, Roberto Opalio, whose visual art graces many MCIAA releases. This 7-inch was the Opalio brothers first release for the always-impressive Important Records & in my mind works well as a prelude for the subsequently released “Cosmic Light Of The Third Millennium.”

link

http://eatmyartout.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 05:08 AM   #132
sarramkrop

SST - The Blasting Concept vol.1 & vol.2

Ok, these are the first two SST compilations that crossed my way back in the days. "Listen to this artifact. Check out this turntable education away from media outlets, and let these thinkers and performers bring you another alternative to monitor. This isn't a vanity pressing. Black Flag, Saccharine Trust, Minutemen, Meat Puppets, Overkill, Wurm, Stains and Husker Du have carved and trampled into territory on the edge of human existing social conditions." - from the vol.1 liner-notes.

Well, vol.1 is still pretty much punk-inspired and combines some classics like Minutemen's "Paranoid Chant", Saccharine Trust's "A Human Certainty" or Black Flag's "Nervous Breakdown" - among 11 other tunes. Vol.2 is a bit different. But the versions of Minutemen's uncensored cover of "Ain't Talking About Love" (Van Halen) or DC3's "Theme From An Imaginary Western" (Jack Bruce) together with Gone's "Watch That Tractor" and Overkill's "Over The Edge" are really worth it !
Get them here:
SST - The Blasting Concept vol.1 (1983)
SST - The Blasting Concept vol.2 (1990)

http://themoreyouthinkaboutit.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 05:11 AM   #133
sarramkrop

None More Black:

ANIMAMIMA is a live recording of Keiji Haino accompanied by Sitaar Tah! which is a 20 piece sitar group. Haino handles electric hurdy gurdy, electric sruthi box, electric tanbur, rhythm box, flute and voice while the sitar group backs him up with a steady warm psyche drone that swells and rises with the given moment. The results are very much like a tribute to the warm, organic drone of groups like the Taj Mahal Travlellers. Beautiful sounds that draw you deep into this web.

This was a one-time performance given at Uplink Factory in Shibuya, Tokyo on June 24th, 2004; and was released on the Archive/Important record label in a limited edition of 1000 copies.

ANIMAMIMA disc ONE
ANIMAMIMA disc TWO

http://whatfuckedyou.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 06:27 AM   #135
sarramkrop

Third Door From The Left - Face The Firing Squad

TDFTL is a duo comprising of Raymond Georgeson & Kevin Thorne, who met at a Throbbing Gristle gig.

Kevin Thorne about TDFTL :

Third Door From the Left was born out of frustration and thirst.
Let me start at the beginning. I was walking up Tottenham Court Road one Saturday with Jim Ross, a friend from school when we saw Cosey, Chris, Gen & Sleazy (Throbbing Gristle) walking toward us. We asked for their autographs – they were really nice and told us about a concert they had the next week (at Centro Iberico). We decided to go. We then listened to DOA at a market stall in Soho, and were absolutely awestruck by this new totally different sound. We went to the concert and although Jim found them a little too eerie, I was changed forever. Everything about the sounds, the atmosphere, the video, impressed me. I wanted to be a part of this. Jim and I went to see TG again, this time they were playing with Cabaret Voltaire and rema rema. Here we met Ray. We got to chatting and realized we lived near to each other. Raye & Jim later decided to start a band - Scenario three. This band never got off the drawing board, but from this, Raye & I did eventually form Third Door From The Left. I can't recall exactly the first instruments we bought, but it may have been a WASP synthesiser and violin-bass for me and a Korg 770s for Ray. I do remember buying an echo machine from Mark Perry, which we used a lot! I bought a Dr. Rhythm drum machine - a little marvel! Later (around 1978?) I spent most of my college grant on a Roland chorus echo bought from Chris Carter. Raye & I recorded most weekends, generally with no planned "sound", meandering (if that could be used to describe our sound!) around a basic drum rhythm. We found that we got better results recording "on the fly" like this and taping everything, then editing out the crap to reveal...something! When we had a backing track done, we would play that tape, and add to it. All very basic, all very poor quality, but there was no other way for us back then; and to an extent recording this way was a part of the overall atmospherics, a part of the "punk" ideal that was still lingering. Occasionally we would write some lyrics down first, and work from there. when working with the speech tapes (recorded from TV, radio etc) the "on the spot" technique turned out to be the best with things clicking into place nicely the first time, and never repeatable! After TDFTL Kevin Thorne formed We Be Echo. An absolute must for Cabaret Voltaire en Throbbing Gristle fans. Face The Firing Squad was original released on tape by Cause For Concern (CFC 017) in ? The tape posted here is the re-release on Cthulhu Records (CR 01) in 1981. All tracks are recorded between October 1980 and August 1981. Third Door From The Left are now dismantled.

Tracks :

1. Under Attack
2. Pause
3. Ritual
4. Tear My Heart Out
5. In The Room
6. The Party
7. Jack / Mission To Kill
8. Endorphin
9. Erik Dorf's Diary
10. It's Not Us
11. People Like You

FROM THE ARTIST: This album is to be re-released in 2008 on vinyl and later on CD, and therefore we cannot have it freely available for download. (Thanks for respecting requests like this.)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 06:33 AM   #136
sarramkrop

Kan Mikami - 19 Years 2 Months 16th Night (Live 1970)

By webclectic

Artist: Kan Mikami
Album: 19 Years 2 Months 16th Night (Live 1970)
Released:1970
Genre
: Japanese Folk

Tracklist
Disc 1

01. Yonaka no 2-ji
02. Kinshinsoukan no Uta
03. Odo
04. Okasaretara Nakebaii
05. Yume wa Yoru Hiraku
06. Okappa Atama no Shoujo no Mensu ga Akai
07. Shouben darake no Mizuumi
08. Shojo Hikou
09. Shouwa no Daikikin Yokokuhen
10. Mashitabushi
11. Juzu no Tama Kireru Hini
12. Kichigai
13. Karasu

Disc 2
01. Imoutobaika
02. Kinshinsoukan no Uta
03. Jigoku
04. Aomori-ken Kitatsugaru-gun Tokyo-mura
05. Yume wa Yoru Hiraku
06. Shouwa no Daikikin Yokokuhen
07. Goshogawara no Hibi
08. Oyamasa
09. Okappa Atama no Shoujo no Mensu ga Akai
10. Odo
11. Shouben darake no Mizuumi
12. Kichigai
13. Juzu no Tama Kireru Hini

Greek
Πρόκειται για το πιο σπάνιο δίσκο του Γιαπωνέζου θρύλου Kan Mikami. Κυκλοφόρησε σε 100 μόλις αντίτυπα και περιέχει μοναδικά κομμάτια από ζωντανές ηχογραφήσεις (σε κασέτα τότε) στο ιστορικό underground club Shinuya. Ένα club που φιλοξενούσε μεγάλα ονόματα της Ιαπωνικής free jazz σκηνής όπως ο Motoharu Yoshizawa και ο Kaoru Abe (ίσως παρουσιάσουμε κάποια albums τους στο μέλλον). Εκπληκτική φωνή και λιτή μουσική συνοδεία. Αν έχετε υπομονή να ακούσετε κάτι τελείως διαφορετικό δεν θα το μετανιώσετε.

English
This album is the rarest item in Mikami's discography, a DLP released in an edition of 100. These are the very earliest recordings by surrealist folk legend Mikami, captured on tape in 1970 at the legendary Shibuya underground club. The club used to host regular sessions by free-jazz heroes like Motoharu Yoshizawa and Kaoru Abe (we may present some of their work on the future). Amazing voice followed by minimal musical accompaniment. Suggested to everyone, patient enough to discover something completely new.

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/5111158/19Years1.zip
CD1
hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/5111002/19Years2.zip
CD2
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 06:54 AM   #137
sarramkrop

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7052QSN6

Merzbow - Electroploitation 7''
http://alphawellen.blogger.de/stories/723228/

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QZK5UDPL

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 07:25 AM   #138
sarramkrop

Fall Apart

DEATH IN JUNE
DISCriminate ('81 ~ '97)

This collection of tracks, "a compilation of personal choice", was put together by Douglas P. to be sold during the 1997 Death In June U.S. tour. However, the CDs were lost in transit and never made it to most of the shows. Consequently, the CD was then sent to a few select distributors for regular sale. The original edition in a green cardboard wallet was limited to 1000 copies. 500 more in a sky blue sleeve were pressed up afterwards for sale only on the 1998 European tour and by mail order. This collection contains many alternate and hard-to-find versions of songs.

http://sharebee.com/5157523c
cd1

http://sharebee.com/639fdf6b
cd2

http://musikalia-unkle.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 07:27 AM   #139
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
wow so much amazing stuff! thanks.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2007, 07:38 AM   #140
sarramkrop

Flipper - Gone Fishin'

Flipper's 2nd LP from 1982.

I'm not quite sure but I've heard that the whole backcatalogue will be re-released this year

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EW51FBFQ
http://rattenjule.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
57 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth