Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What's This Called? for 5/7/2011
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
07 MAY
Support KPSU and Experimental Music in the Daytime!
Ricardo Wang

Shows that play the kind of music you hear on What's This Called? are rare even on college and community stations (and non-existent anywhere else). When a station has one it's usually on at 3 AM sometime in the middle of the week.

NOT at KPSU though. For 6 years running, KPSU has been bold enough to let me do What's This Called? on Saturdays at Noon Pacific Time, a slot most community station fill with the likes of Car Talk, bluegrass music, and Prairie Home Companion. Even in other time zones WTC is still on earlier than experimental music shows ever get to be (8 PM in merry old England for instance!) In broad daylight you get to hear the likes of Merzbow, Crank Sturgeon, John Cage, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, and Marlo Eggplant, something unheard of practically anywhere else in the world. Nothing assures this continue more than when you pledge support to KPSU during or on behalf of What's This Called?

Today, I am featuring scads of new and new-to-me music from the likes of Sonic Youth (SYR 9!), His Name is Alive, Taming the Outback and Sylvi Alli. I also have generous Thank You Gifts for those that contribute to keep the ship afloat including 2 CD sets from Beta-lactam Ring Records artists for a mere $25 pledge (choose from Legendary Pink Dots, Earthmonkey, Pepe Wismeer, and Tecumseh, or a single cd from Ilitch for a $15 pledge!) Plus anyone who pledges and is in or can visit Portland gets free gelato from Legong Gelato in St. John's.

If anybody would like to claim one of those gifts NOW you can pledge right at http://www.kpsu.org, then just message my Facebook page with which cds you want!

Thanks to KPSU for giving the show a stable and dependable home since 2005, and thanks to YOU for making that possible!

Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth