Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page drugs/music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2015, 12:52 AM   #61
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I hate stone temple pilots

I just saw the following retweet from of a Dave Navaro tweet:

"Just learned our friend Scott Weiland has died. So gutted, I am thinking of his family tonight."

TMZ on it now......said Tour Manager found his body on the tour bus.

I thought we had a Scott Weiland thread at one time, but I couldn't find it???

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2015, 01:45 PM   #62
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
all of swas posts were deleted so it looks like im talking to myself

looking back on this thread i stand by everything i said 100%. in fact even more since now ive seen the fate of so many real life friends who chose getting fucked up over their art and ended up failing/getting kicked out of their bands etc.

in fact i am even more convinced that the relationship between drugs and music is one of the sickest myths produced by capitalism/peoples ignorance.

its pretty despicable to me that supposedly free culture is so determined to sell a myth about drugs that links them to creativity, pleasure and psychological exploration. since refusing to pursue your own enjoyment above all else (especially critical thought) is a cultural imperative so viciously enforced most people can't even recognize it, the next generation of junkies is gonna be even worse than mine. but having your body harvested through addiction for (other peoples profit) while narrating it as your own personal celebrity self quest is the name of the game and i'm practically a terrorist for speaking badly of it.

-

hardly surprised about weiland. check out his last years/howard stern interview in particular to see just how creative and happy you can get through accumulating brain damage through a career as a late capitalist dionysus impersonator

of course you're all individual subjects with a supernatural free will that will allow you to take exactly the right amount and stop before anything bad happens because the findings of neuroscience are less real than our 1st person experience of ourselves.

-

also i'd hazard a guess that i did more and harder drugs than all or nearly all the surviving posters from this thread*
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2015, 02:01 PM   #63
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
*except maybe suchbongs who smokes many pots as parts of his religion
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2015, 08:15 AM   #64
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I havenīt read this whole thread, so maybe this has already said. Anyway hard to imagine how 66-69 music would have sounded if the music makers hadnīt taken LSD. Then again I donīt say LSD increase creativity, I believe Beatles etc. would have made great records without LSD.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2015, 04:34 AM   #65
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Along with swa, all of my posts were deleted too. I guess the world just wasn't ready for the craic
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2019, 11:19 PM   #66
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else ever see old n'ik-centric threads and think he was right way more than people at the time would admit? I used to think some of the things he said to me were bizarre but they actually make a lot more sense now. It took me actually having an up and down relationship with drugs and far left radicalisation to understand his perspective in this thread for example.

Also I only found this thread cause someone gave me rep for my "Drugs aren't my thing" post hahah.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2019, 11:36 PM   #67
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
*except maybe suchbongs who smokes many pots as parts of his religion

He was funny as hell too hahahah
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2019, 01:14 AM   #68
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
the idea that -

you make the best music when you are fucked up on drugs
you need to be fucked up on drugs to make your best music
drugs increase/are an essential part of the creative process
the best musicians were those who were really fucked up on drugs

IS THE STUPIDEST FUCKING IDEA EVER

but at least explains the type of music some of you are listening to in 09

its also the cause of so much needless suffering/self indulgent bill hicks narcissism

Ringo said the exact opposite of this. Everything The Beatles laid down when fucked up was useless/scrapped. 2009, 1969, 2019, whatever.

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth