Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page drugs/music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2009, 01:30 AM   #21
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
as i said before, my experience with drugs is NOT minimal at best. i've taken a lot of drugs. but if you want to assume i haven't it only shows the weakness of yr position. i don't need to play the "oh i've taken so much more drugs than you have" game.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 01:32 AM   #22
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
i don't need to play the "oh i've taken so much more drugs than you have" game.
for real, fuck that noise
Old 08.20.2009, 01:39 AM   #23
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
as i said before, my experience with drugs is NOT minimal at best. i've taken a lot of drugs. but if you want to assume i haven't it only shows the weakness of yr position. i don't need to play the "oh i've taken so much more drugs than you have" game.

I find that often people who've taken a lot of drugs tend to hold yr position because they've seen and perhaps experienced the horrible downsides that some drugs can have.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 02:14 AM   #24
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
you edited out a lot of that post before i could respond to that.

i think you can almost prove my argument chemically. with drug addiction, your brain is wired to get its dopamine fix from drugs, you're not going to want or enjoy music, you're only going to be doing music so you can get more money/drugs. you're not going to give a fuck about putting your energy/creativity towards music, it all goes towards drugs, and the fantasies they allow you to have about yourself. you don't have the time/energy/money to make music anything other than a side effect/justification/way to get paid.
Old 08.20.2009, 02:26 AM   #25
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Yeah, I edited because I wasn't sure if I wanted personalized hate responses over this one by certain members on the board.....

But whatever. I'll go ahead anyway.

What I had essentially said before is that I've watched a lot of people become addicts and I work with inner city smack addicts at my job. I have a really difficult time entertaining the notion that these people are really doing something productive.

Occasionally there is an amazing drug infested talent out there...but usually people are broken before they break through.

There can sometimes be too fine of a line between experimenting (which yes, i do think can provide some creativity/insights) and addiction

Quote:
i think you can almost prove my argument chemically. with drug addiction, your brain is wired to get its dopamine fix from drugs, you're not going to want or enjoy music, you're only going to be doing music so you can get more money/drugs. you're not going to give a fuck about putting your energy/creativity towards music, it all goes towards drugs, and the fantasies they allow you to have about yourself. you don't have the time/energy/money to make music anything other than a side effect/justification/way to get paid.

I don't really remember much of the neurology I have taken but i do remember the professor mentioning that serotonin levels are effected by lsd, therefore bringing forth thoughts/images that usually might only show up in yr dreams.

But why don't people lucid dream or meditate instead? It's a lot less dangerous and actually requires the focus and discipline that it takes to make awesome music.

Old 08.20.2009, 02:38 AM   #26
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That is such a load of crap. I don't even know where to begin with a response.
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 02:49 AM   #27
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
yeah wtf, it doesn't need saying. Take some more drugs please until you're inspired to make this thread better.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 03:04 AM   #28
ni'k
invito al cielo

that's a fantastic point about lucid dreams.

Mark Fisher - "The Mondays' transposition of Sly Stone and Krautrock into a Mancunian idiom, their translation of p-funk glossalalia into what Simon called 'dosser speak', was a mystical materialism - but they had to be sold as just ordinary lads, havin' a fookin laff, any weirdness played down, attributed to the pills... (One more way in which drugs, far from undermining the reality principle, tend to shore it up...)"

i think an example of what i was saying earlier would be kurt cobain, who after fleeing rehab to take heroin, found that his credit card had been cancelled, and so got all the heroin he could on loan and then shot himself. seems to me that drugs where more important to him than music.

in our culture of commodity fetishism, you could make the argument that drugs and the myth that is sold with them actually serves the purpose of making people believe that they need to buy a little pill to get high. that they will always have to rely on a product, something external they have to buy. what is implied here is that the mind is incapable on its own of pyschoactive/hallucinatory/imaginative feats, and that you have to put something external inside to do these things. this is of course utter bullshit. it's as if the drugs act as an obstacle to block up your brain that are also highly detrimental and addictive.

people seem to think they are radical or counter cultural by taking drugs, yet the cia sells crack, and drugs make you more dependent on the dealer and only limit your freedom.
Old 08.20.2009, 03:13 AM   #29
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

in our culture of commodity fetishism, you could make the argument that drugs and the myth that is sold with them actually serves the purpose of making people believe that they need to buy a little pill to get high. that they will always have to rely on a product, something external they have to buy. what is implied here is that the mind is incapable on its own of pyschoactive/hallucinatory/imaginative feats, and that you have to put something external inside to do these things. this is of course utter bullshit. it's as if the drugs act as an obstacle to block up your brain that are also highly detrimental and addictive.

people seem to think they are radical or counter cultural by taking drugs, yet the cia sells crack, and drugs make you more dependent on the dealer and only limit your freedom.

yupppp!!! i totally agree with you.

that being said, i think that you should still do drugs if that's what you so please. i've done drugs. my friends do drugs. whatever. i'm over romanticizing them. i think that we should be honest with ourselves. and then if we still wanna do them, go ahead. i mean, they can be tons of fun.

Old 08.20.2009, 07:31 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
life is hot in cracktown!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 08:42 AM   #31
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
It depends on the drug and yr idea of what fucked up is really. Like me for instance. I work best when fucked up on pharms. and herb. Just enough so that i am not wanting to pass out. Give me x I am worthless for about 12 hrs. I don't comprehend chord formations that ryan is teaching me..I can tell he gets impatient. Alcohal..depends on what I am trying to do. If it's work of any type it renders me unable to finish any task. It loosens me up though with music, until I have had one too many.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 08:45 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
do cups of tea qualify as drugs?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 08:46 AM   #33
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
yupppp!!! i totally agree with you.

that being said, i think that you should still do drugs if that's what you so please. i've done drugs. my friends do drugs. whatever. i'm over romanticizing them. i think that we should be honest with ourselves. and then if we still wanna do them, go ahead. i mean, they can be tons of fun.

Agreed. At some point you start hating yr drugs. Like junkies who hate thier heroin. You realize they are taking hold of your every thought and action. It is no fun to feel that way. You start taking them cause you need them to get on with daily life. THere is nothing Romantic about it. I have already killed my endorphins it is too late for me. I have doomed myself to a lifetime of dependancy.

Old 08.20.2009, 08:47 AM   #34
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
do cups of tea qualify as drugs?

Caffine is the most addictive.

Old 08.20.2009, 01:43 PM   #35
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
you guys need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and take some drugs.

fags
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 01:44 PM   #36
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
you guys need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and take some drugs.

fags

But I'm a fag already *cries*

Anyone who argues against the influence of drugs on music is basically a spazzmonaut, and has probably got a crush on Donald Rumsfeld.
Old 08.20.2009, 01:48 PM   #37
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
The beatles made better music after drugs.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 03:01 PM   #38
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
But I'm a fag already *cries*

Anyone who argues against the influence of drugs on music is basically a spazzmonaut, and has probably got a crush on Donald Rumsfeld.

Dont cry melly, Im using the term out of context.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 03:23 PM   #39
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Drugs aren't my thing.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 03:24 PM   #40
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
DDD-dude - I've quit bawling like a girl

Anyone here tried STP?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth