Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Prince
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2006, 10:49 PM   #41
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
Without Prince the world would have ended 15 years ago. You'd better go pick some violets and have them FED-EX'd to him stat. You owe him.

i wished he never existed and the world had ended. i owe him shit.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 04:48 AM   #42
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
how come noone mentioned Parade yet? and his eponymous second album? the gold experience? c'mon people! sonic youth and prince would be the top two acts at my fantasy festival underwater.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 06:08 AM   #43
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i love when fred armisen does him on saturday night live.

i love prince - i dig the older stuff and the "baby baby" type of music, is what i call it - songs like "adore." the first time i saw him the show just sucked. the only hits he played was this one little five-minute medley of all of them, and then he'd let his band do 20-minute jams sessions. i couldn't believe that all his shows would be this bad so i did give him another chance last year on the musicology tour and was glad i did. also thought it was cool that he gave out free musicology albums to anyone who went to that concert to get you into his new stuff. decent album too - doesn't really have the magic of his older ones, but it's listenable. i think he suposedly "retired" his hits for good, though, after that tour, which you can understand him being bored with them, but it's pretentious and annoying. but i guess that's part of why we love him. still, i won't be paying over $60 for a ticket if i can't hear let's go crazy.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 06:16 AM   #44
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
And I gave her diamonds and pearls...........
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 12:33 PM   #45
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
You know untill fairly recently I thought he was absurdly overrated and 'sucked eighties style', Id have compared him to George Michael or someone. But a couple of years ago I got turned around, I think it was the song Seven, but I picked up Purple Rain at Fopp and its so fucking good it makes me regret all the years I ignored him. The Beautiful Ones rocks my world and Lets Go crazy has to be one of the most exciting opening tracks ever and at the Brits he blew everybody else off the stage I felt sorry for anybody who followed him, Im gonna be picking up more of his stuff fairly soon and if he tours Im there.
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 01:58 AM   #46
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i like to think of the beautiful ones, computer blue, and darling nikki as a medley because they're the most intense songs on that album (saving the end of purple rain).

Yeah they really are. Take me with U gets my vote too because of the crazy blade runner sounding synth opening that keeps popping up in the song. And the violin noises
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 02:55 AM   #47
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I whipped a donut in Paisley Park's parking lot in the winter once.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 04:19 AM   #48
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I'm sorry - could you repeat that?

The lack of Prince's due adulation in this thread has just made me lose what little faith in humanity I had left.
Erm.....He hasn't exactly put a good record out in aeons. I used to really like his music but then his funky jams got really tedious on these ears and the visceral jams got more and more awfull.By the way,to my knowledge most gay men hate Prince.The sacred trilogy for a certain type of smooth looking poof will always be:Madonna,Kylie Minogue and Britney.The older generation go for Barbara Streisand,Dolly Parton and Liza 'motherfucking' Minelli.Even though this is an obvious generalization,most gay men have got terrible taste in music.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 07:34 AM   #49
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Erm.....He hasn't exactly put a good record out in aeons. I used to really like his music but then his funky jams got really tedious on these ears and the visceral jams got more and more awfull.By the way,to my knowledge most gay men hate Prince.The sacred trilogy for a certain type of smooth looking poof will always be:Madonna,Kylie Minogue and Britney.The older generation go for Barbara Streisand,Dolly Parton and Liza 'motherfucking' Minelli.Even though this is an obvious generalization,most gay men have got terrible taste in music.
correct. that is a gross and obviously absurd generalisation. planet what?
Old 05.17.2006, 07:38 AM   #50
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealglenstyler
correct. that is a gross and obviously absurd generalisation. planet what?
Correct.I've already pointed out it is a generalization.I come from planet gay by the way

Old 08.02.2006, 03:37 AM   #51
therealglenstyler
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Correct.I've already pointed out it is a generalization.I come from planet gay by the way

fuck! i can't believe i killed off the only good thread on here. sorry porkm'.
Old 08.02.2006, 06:11 AM   #52
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
i feel no shame as a 100% heterosexual man. i love erasure!!!

habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 06:24 AM   #53
porkmarras
invito al cielo

By the way,probably it didn't come accross enough in this thread how much i love this man's music.It's just that it's been a few years since he wrote not just a decent tune(wich he has) but an ace one like he used to before.I saw a recent appearnce on top of the pops and the motherfucker still looks amazing !

Old 08.02.2006, 06:33 AM   #54
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Old 08.02.2006, 07:33 AM   #55
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i don't understand what the whole deal about prince being sexy is.

i mean, what does prince have on this guy?

Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 07:35 AM   #56
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Apart from the fact that we can't see him?

Old 08.02.2006, 07:56 AM   #57
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
damn it.

click here
Old 08.02.2006, 08:08 AM   #58
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
he has a more beautiful face even than the baby toilet & bowels and i shall spawn at ATP.
Old 08.02.2006, 08:25 AM   #59
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

i ain't payin no child support for a crack baby.
Old 08.02.2006, 08:34 AM   #60
porkmarras
invito al cielo

You'll have to by law Toilette.And i hope that the costs to keep him in care for its brain damage wont leave you out of pocket either.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth