Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you believe that the grunge is dead?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.17.2007, 02:30 PM   #1
fuentes
empty page

fuentes chews with a vagina dentata
Later the end of Soundgarden, Layne Staley's death and, of course, Kurt Cobain's death, many people say that the grunge is death, but Pearl Jam are still performing and and mounting multitudinous concerts, what do you think?

fuentes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 02:31 PM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
grunge died the first time some kid said 'grunge's not dead.'
Old 06.17.2007, 02:34 PM   #3
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Ohh god..... I agree with whorefrost.

There is no grunge, it was a shitty term used to describe a shitty scene.

Get over it, start flying, flying is good.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
As long as I listen to my Candlebox CDs all day every day, grunge will never die.
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 02:38 PM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i like to listen to grunge music that happened during and before the whole grunge thing became popular. But bands like Nickelback trying to do it now is just sad.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 02:45 PM   #6
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i like to listen to grunge music that happened during and before the whole grunge thing became popular. But bands like Nickelback trying to do it now is just sad.

Exactly. Like early Mudhoney. From the grunge scene i'd say mudhoney were the best. but their later stuff is much more fun, like Piece of Cake.

Some bands are okay though. I was just listening to nirvana yesterday and my hatchet against them so I think they're pretty cool now. I like krist, krist was cool. plus we speak the same language so yeah hes awesome.
Old 06.17.2007, 02:47 PM   #7
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i like Nirvana, i like Hole, and Babe's in toyland, and Mudhoney, and Husker Du, and Sound Garden, and Sugar, and the Pixies, and Dinosaur jr. And i'm not afraid to say it.
Old 06.17.2007, 02:51 PM   #8
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Hmm, lemme teach you something. Dont dare to call Dinosaur grunge infront of me. Please, its for your own safety...

And i really dont consider Husker Du and Pixies grunge, they certainly were an influence though...

I dislike Hole and all the riot grrrl bands, sorry thats how it is.
Old 06.17.2007, 02:53 PM   #9
fuentes
empty page

I think that the grunge was and it's one of the best movements that have exist, I still listen to nirvana that is my favurite band.. but I believe that these groups left in a good place the grunge, and before the disappearance of the majority of the group of the four I believe that the people would have to leave this kind as this one today in day: in our memory.
Old 06.17.2007, 02:57 PM   #10
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuentes
I think that the grunge was and it's one of the best movements that have exist, I still listen to nirvana that is my favurite band.. but I believe that these groups left in a good place the grunge, and before the disappearance of the majority of the group of the four I believe that the people would have to leave this kind as this one today in day: in our memory.
Ok, but if grunge was the equivalent of everything that memory has to offer, do you not think that the musical movement would have attached itself to the sphere of conventionality that the interest of sad movement could have spawned? Eh?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 02:58 PM   #11
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuentes

God, yes i get your point, but its been said already around a 1000000 times. So please, its not one of the best genres, its certainly original, but its not like a messiah. okay?
Old 06.17.2007, 03:00 PM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
God, yes i get your point, but its been said already around a 1000000 times. So please, its not one of the best genres, its certainly original, but its not like a messiah. okay?
Ok ok, but your point doesn't touch the regression into the formality of soundbites, or does it now?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 03:04 PM   #13
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Hmm, lemme teach you something. Dont dare to call Dinosaur grunge infront of me. Please, its for your own safety...

And i really dont consider Husker Du and Pixies grunge, they certainly were an influence though...

I dislike Hole and all the riot grrrl bands, sorry thats how it is.

If husker du and the pixies are not grunge then what are they?
and Hole came from that whole Riot Grrrl movement but Live through this is most defiantly a grunge album.
Old 06.17.2007, 03:08 PM   #14
fuentes
empty page

Quote:

Well, it's just my opinion, for my grunge it can have been quite and now it is not, it is possible that Kurt has been a messiah and now only it is a legend, but I repeat you it's just my opinion.
Old 06.17.2007, 03:08 PM   #15
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

I know, its just yer opinion. but theres no way he could have been a messiah. What did he do? He ruined the little that was left of that scene and brought out emo and hardcore kids who cry and whine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
If husker du and the pixies are not grunge then what are they?
and Hole came from that whole Riot Grrrl movement but Live through this is most defiantly a grunge album.

Dude, come on, you can't possibly call em grunge. You can't actually fit them into one genre, I'd call them both alternative.
Old 06.17.2007, 03:33 PM   #16
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
The thing is... Nirvana... Soundgarden... Pearl Jam... Alice In Chains... All of these bands sound completely different to one another. I don't like calling these bands "grunge". Although I wouldn't know what else to call them. :/
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 04:25 PM   #17
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
Although I wouldn't know what else to call them. :/

rock
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 04:27 PM   #18
fuentes
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
rock
rock??? Oh my God!
Old 06.17.2007, 04:30 PM   #19
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I think Mr Cobain would like to rest in peace, could you please leave him alone ?

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2007, 04:33 PM   #20
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
rock
alternative / indie / punk.../ super / hyper / mega rock ?

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth