Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page my review of the new stooges album+mike watt interview
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2007, 12:43 PM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
this is my first published review. and i added relevant portions of a mike watt interview that i did a few months ago.
click here to read...
www.staticandfeedback.com
(click on the stooges link)
let me know what you think...
thanks
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 01:27 PM   #2
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
You were kinder about the album than most critics managed to be. I agree with you on a lot of it (except I wouldn't say "my idea of fun is killing everyone" is a really bad line.. certainly nowhere near the worst line Iggy's ever come out with. Also I really don't hear the "Bowie influence" on the record at all. You're not the first critic to mention that and make me go "???" though.) Cool article/interview.

Want to see footage of Iggy knocking Watt over? (that incident in Holland last summer that he mentioned in the interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLyw4bqGSM

(it's a bit brutal and makes Iggy look like a shit. But apparently he did apologise afterwards and Watt makes light of it, so..)
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Iggyyyyyy!!!

Bunbury is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 04:11 PM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Nice work - good lad!
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 04:43 PM   #5
sarramkrop

Your artwork is rubbish. Are you still gonna like me? I prefer your music.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 04:49 PM   #6
sarramkrop

I think you have your limitations and it shows by what you post, but i like the music i hear from you. You're a much more well behaved guy (and lovable) person on your forum than when you enter this site.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 04:59 PM   #7
sarramkrop

Emo heart. Robot logic.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 05:12 PM   #8
sarramkrop

I don't have much patience with people who suffer from sort of self pity syndrome. At the risk of sounding insensitive, if you feel that way, do something about it in a more constructive and less internetish way. Music is not a rational way to channel things and it shouldn't be. It's art, and art isn't for helping the problems at the root but a deviation of them for pleasure. Art purely for the channeling of anger is something that you americans invented. Deaf in one ear.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 05:28 PM   #9
sarramkrop

Nah, you're out to prove yourself on the internet. Lame, try communicating with the trees a little more.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 06:04 PM   #10
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
You were kinder about the album than most critics managed to be. I agree with you on a lot of it (except I wouldn't say "my idea of fun is killing everyone" is a really bad line.. certainly nowhere near the worst line Iggy's ever come out with. Also I really don't hear the "Bowie influence" on the record at all. You're not the first critic to mention that and make me go "???" though.) Cool article/interview.

Want to see footage of Iggy knocking Watt over? (that incident in Holland last summer that he mentioned in the interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLyw4bqGSM

(it's a bit brutal and makes Iggy look like a shit. But apparently he did apologise afterwards and Watt makes light of it, so..)
thanks to you all.
i shall check the vid out now...
and about the bowie influence. only on the title track. it sounds excactly like something out of lust for life, for me at least...
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 11:08 AM   #11
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Emo heart. Robot logic.

Quote:
Nah, you're out to prove yourself on the internet. Lame, try communicating with the trees a little more.

Quote:
I don't have much patience with people who suffer from sort of self pity syndrome. At the risk of sounding insensitive, if you feel that way, do something about it in a more constructive and less internetish way. Music is not a rational way to channel things and it shouldn't be. It's art, and art isn't for helping the problems at the root but a deviation of them for pleasure. Art purely for the channeling of anger is something that you americans invented. Deaf in one ear.

oh you were in full form last night darling. thank you.

you must spread ... etc...
Bunbury is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth