Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page N. Korea launches a rocket, feared to be a nuke
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2009, 01:39 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Satellites gone
Up to the skies
Thing like that drive me
Out of my mind

I watched it for a little while
I like to watch things on tv

Satellite of love

yeah what a bunch of bullshit... can't a modern, industrialized nation desire to have its own communication satellites so that it does not have to remain dependent upon china and japan? (oh wait, maybe thats what the all the fuss is about to begin with, $$$?)

I think what EVERYONE FORGETS in all this is that EVERY SATELLITE LAUNCHED BY THE US USES THE EXACT SAME ROCKETS AS OUR ICBM..

we use our ballistic missile technology to launch our own satellites, so what is all the fuss?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2009, 01:58 PM   #22
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz Brix
a modern, industrialized nation desire to have its own communication satellites so that it does not have to remain dependent upon china and japan?
^^^ I have some lovely ocean-front property, if you are interested.

act now!! going fast!! cheap! cheap! cheap!!

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2009, 04:20 AM   #23
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
Obviously the Americans don't like that because its much easier to go to war against the defenceless, once again showing the world that if you can defend yourself the Americans will negotiate where as if you can't like Iraq then they'll invade.

They dont in the first place pick fights with a country that can defend itself. I'm not talking about after the fact and nowhere do I suggest that. Reading comprehension?
North Korea has a credible deterrent, massed artillery pointed at Seoul (and by now undoubtably nuclear weapons, how many and how crude is open to debate)=Negotiations. Iraq had nothing=Invasion.

re posting what you wrote the first time, won't make me agree with you. Not sure why you seem to think I cannot read what you have written..

I dont believe that not sticking a nose in at NK at this point has anything to do with whether or not a country can defend itself. It has everything to do with resources. NK doesnt have anything the US wants right now. And as long as they keep their commie party within borders (this is where the launching of missiles becomes a bother) the US govt doesn't give a fuck.

Yeh after the fact, Im not sure why you're talking about me saying things I did not or getting angry because you think I suggested something or whatever you're quoting yourself about up there. Dont really care.
Old 04.07.2009, 04:30 AM   #24
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm also not sure why the Ozzy's are so upset about this (well, I know, but I don't think you should be). do you people seriously think they will waste what little new-clear material they have on yr tiny island? fuck no. if ever, that shit's going to either: Japan, Hawaii or Alaska (with technical data making the black market circuit).

yeah, you got you people'd.

No, see, I get .... the *sigh* feeling because really I know the nukes are going to come out in my backyard eventually, and I'd really prefer it were anywhere but here.

Yr country won't decide to do anything any time soon because they will be too busy with the oil fight over in the middle east still, and trying to secure food sources from south america, and by the time japan + china + I are getting fried it will be too late.

The US has no interest in helping my country, becuase there is nothing it wants here, aside from the uranium, which everyone wants. Thus, battleground.

That's my problem.
Old 04.07.2009, 04:38 AM   #25
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Satellites gone
Up to the skies
Thing like that drive me
Out of my mind

I watched it for a little while
I like to watch things on tv

Satellite of love

yeah what a bunch of bullshit... can't a modern, industrialized nation desire to have its own communication satellites so that it does not have to remain dependent upon china and japan? (oh wait, maybe thats what the all the fuss is about to begin with, $$$?)

I think what EVERYONE FORGETS in all this is that EVERY SATELLITE LAUNCHED BY THE US USES THE EXACT SAME ROCKETS AS OUR ICBM..

we use our ballistic missile technology to launch our own satellites, so what is all the fuss?

are you taking the piss? The amount of people living ( if you can call it that) in NK that would benefit from satelite technology would be almost exactly equal to the amount of people who run the NK goverment.
Old 04.07.2009, 04:47 AM   #26
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
No, see, I get .... the *sigh* feeling because really I know the nukes are going to come out in my backyard eventually, and I'd really prefer it were anywhere but here.

Yr country won't decide to do anything any time soon because they will be too busy with the oil fight over in the middle east still, and trying to secure food sources from south america, and by the time japan + china + I are getting fried it will be too late.

The US has no interest in helping my country, becuase there is nothing it wants here, aside from the uranium, which everyone wants. Thus, battleground.

That's my problem.
And where was Australia's help during the Cold War, hmmmmmmmmm?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2009, 04:53 AM   #27
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
No, see, I get .... the *sigh* feeling because really I know the nukes are going to come out in my backyard eventually
Don't you know that most Americans really know that the terrorists are going to dirty bomb their backyard eventually?
Old 04.07.2009, 05:22 AM   #28
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
And where was Australia's help during the Cold War, hmmmmmmmmm?

??? Australia has fought alongside the US consistently for the last 90 years.

If yr unsatisfied with our population/monetary support, there really there isnt much I can do about that.
Old 04.07.2009, 05:25 AM   #29
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Don't you know that most Americans really know that the terrorists are going to dirty bomb their backyard eventually?

all is fair in love and war.. ?
Old 04.07.2009, 05:34 AM   #30
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
??? Australia has fought alongside the US consistently for the last 90 years.

If yr unsatisfied with our population/monetary support, there really there isnt much I can do about that.
Free loaders!

I'm kidding, of course. I couldn't begin to count the ways my envisioned priorities for the USA and the actual priorities differ.
Old 04.07.2009, 05:35 AM   #31
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
all is fair in love and war.. ?
and fear
Old 04.07.2009, 06:32 AM   #32
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I have a feeling people aren't sure I was being sarcastic
Old 04.07.2009, 07:05 AM   #33
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses

This image provided by DigitalGlobe and made available in London by Jane’s Defence Weekly, shows what is believed to be the exhaust trail and vehicle launched from Musudan-ni, North Korea, Sunday, April 5, 2009.
Old 04.07.2009, 07:29 AM   #34
pbradley
invito al cielo

That isn't an exhaust trail.

It's a narwhal tusk.
Old 04.07.2009, 08:28 AM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

they've been pointed there since before you were born. nothing new to worry about.

Quote:

despite what has been previously said in this thread, we are "not doing anything right now" not because of the DPRK's ability to defend themselves (this is a laughable thought and I think someone was calling us pussies). the REAL problem is: any "unprovoked" attack on N. Korea would anger both China and Russia. and by anger, I mean, launch codes input.

right now, Kim Jong Illllll is pushing the tolerance levels of what China is willing to take. they are already looked at like the crazy cousin that nobody wants to claim as familiy but you still have to invite to dinner. the time will come (soon I think) where China will be forced to act or continue to lose face. this is the correct way of handling the situation.

Quote:

patently untrue. you wound me, madam.

if Oz was in any real danger, I would be the first to volunteer to save the women (the men can rot).

but again...you are in no current danger of attack. N. Korea hates Japan and the US much much more than they dislike you.

if in the unlikely event that they were to launch a missile, not only would it not land in Oz, I suspect that it would not land at all.

I also suspect that such an event would lead to the unveiling of our FULLY-OPERATIONAL BATTLE-STATION in the sky (dig it).

note: if we wanted to strip-mine a country for it's uranium, we would find one in africa (read: we are strip-mining africa).
Old 04.07.2009, 09:41 AM   #36
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
YAY!!! Cold War 2. Lucky me.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2009, 11:11 AM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
are you taking the piss? The amount of people living ( if you can call it that) in NK that would benefit from satelite technology would be almost exactly equal to the amount of people who run the NK goverment.

yes, I am well aware of the massive inequality and poverty gap in North Korea, however, do the people who benefit from communications satellites suddenly not need them because of this? So should North Korea NEVER develop its own communications satellites simply because of its current economic conditions?

Yes, it is a waste of money at this point in the game, of course the money could be better spent, but my point is simply this.

How come the western powers are all using terms like "missile" (when it is not a missile if there are not explosive payloads) instead of rocket, and challenge north korea's position that these tests are NOT for ballistic capabilities.. in other words we are continuing the whole axis of evil nonsense... spin spin.. blah blah woof woof..

and even IF Korea wanted to make news missiles, why should we be so haughty to assume that only western powers have these rights. After all, Korea feels very much threatened by the outside powers, and do they not have the right to defend themselves against the massive ballistic missile technology (WHICH THE US KEEPS FLEXING ON PAKISTAN EVERY SINGLE WEEK) of their enemies?

Personally, I do not support ANYONE having ICBM or any such thing, but I am about honesty, not politricks, and the news/govt/intellegenstia here in the US and west are all saying a bunch of bullshit to scare the public into more more more war.. (and this is very very dangerous, the democratic party now in power has been seeking war in Korea since Kerry '04 at least)

I say fuck that, thats all.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2009, 11:45 AM   #38
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

behind those trees lie a forest.

[cue: picard_facepalm.jpg]

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth