Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.30.2007, 11:39 AM   #461
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
just started playin with my new band last night, blindshitzu, my brother on drums, or homey on bass and vocals, me on guitar vocals and electronics, my first band since i left my pussy galoreish band with my friends from school (meaning we made unlistenable noise and did tons and tons of heroin)
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2008, 09:52 PM   #462
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Below are the details on my 41st birthday party/show Saturday, January 12th at Bob's Java Jive. It will be the last Dead Air Fresheners show for some months as my wife will be giving birth to a baby boy a couple very short months later.

Saturday, January 12th at 9 PM

Room 220 Guitars presents:

An evening of tape-loops, bent ambiance, loungey experiments, and masked mayhem at the legendary soul of Tacoma Bob's Java Jive

2102 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA

featuring the dulcet sounds of Icky Recordings artists:

Dead Air Fresheners
with membership representing nearly all of Interstate-5 from Seattle to Portland, this immortal Tacoma hot spot is the perfect middle ground for a board meeting of these masked chance determinists. Instruments described in the Portland Mercury as "a maddening quagmire of tape loops, synthesizers, and horns that sound like they've been engineered by aquatic mutants" join forces to play a pre-written score who's outcome is entirely dependent on the moment.

with special guests from Los Angeles, CA:

Your Drugs My Money
described by the San Jose's Anno Domin Gallery as "a collective of experimental artists and musicians from Los Angeles. They embrace the utilization of unconventional instruments and eerie undertones, that you could describe as an ambient durge." The Portland Mercury said of them: "Truly anything goes and the only thing that is certain is that it will be exceedingly loud and deliciously messy."

also Below PDX recording artist:

Mattress
A one man psychedelic lounge explosion, Mattress has the power to appeal to fans of the melodic and the bizarre in one stroke. Sunshine & Grease zine wrote of Mattress: "If Nick Cave had a bad dream with Suicide on the soundtrack. Over modest electronic backing Mattress reminds us that we can still sing without sounding garish or insincere. The sort of thing that’s eerily romantic and irresistibly weird."

and Tacoma's own ambient post-rock duo:

L.A. Lungs
a multi-gendered two piece who's members Leeward and Afterthought make their intimate, aleatoric, electro-love-drone in the wasps nest of the "city of destiny". Brief flashes of the familiar lead to stoned confusion lead to acoustic guitars lead to frequency phase hypnosis. They sing too, sometimes.

All that for a mere $2 at the door to the coffee pot!

Directions: I-5 to the 38th St. exit. Head west. Turn right at S. Pine St. (Guitar Center), then right at S. Tacoma Way. Bob's Java Jive will be on the right.

Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2008, 08:17 AM   #463
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Not right now, but i am thinking of re-learning how to play the guitar, or even getting a bass and learning how to play that.
I was going to make my new years resolution to re-learn how to play the piano and guitar and start learning how to play the bass, with the hopes of joining a band in the future.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2008, 10:37 PM   #464
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
this thread is very long, i doubt anyone checks it, well here are some tunes, mostly acoustic demoish sounding shite from the band im in, Mama Lion, we hail from san francisco, enjoi.

www.myspace.com/mamalionmusic

we sound EXACTLY like sonic youth

I really like this

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2008, 12:54 AM   #465
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I really like this

thank you bedy much, I did not even think anyone even checked this thread anymore. muchas gracias
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2008, 06:24 PM   #466
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
My silly '80s-influenced band Electric Autopsy can be found here - http://www.last.fm/music/Electric+Autopsy
We have some songs up for people to listen to.

I also just recorded a bunch of jams with my friend and put it up on Last.FM under the band name Growing Panes, if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.last.fm/music/Growing+Panes

Dissassembled is one of my favourites. One Two Three Four and Lies and Clarification are the most song like ones though. The High Castle is mistakenly titled. He's reading lines from Silence of the Lambs. Some of the other tracks involve the use of a guitar appliance of the brand name Krypton Stix... you may want to google that.

Or... there's a 1 minute clip on youtube of some random song we were doing. It's only one minute long, so it won't try your patience so much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrW5P0I4SBA
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2008, 06:31 PM   #467
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
thank you bedy much, I did not even think anyone even checked this thread anymore. muchas gracias

Reminds me of Espers more than anything else. And the vocals are killer!

Also, on an unrelated note: Have you heard Espers' cover of BOC's Flaming Telepaths? It's not only the best Blue Oyster Cult cover of all time, but one of the best songs of all time. Including everything and songs that don't exist yet.
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2008, 06:37 PM   #468
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I like the Primoridial Undermind's version from 1999 a little better.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2008, 08:34 PM   #469
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkimified
Reminds me of Espers more than anything else. And the vocals are killer!

Also, on an unrelated note: Have you heard Espers' cover of BOC's Flaming Telepaths? It's not only the best Blue Oyster Cult cover of all time, but one of the best songs of all time. Including everything and songs that don't exist yet.

thanks alot, yeah thats my girl hannah, she can belt that shit out. ive never even heard of these Espers you speak of, but im gonna now check it out
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2008, 05:30 PM   #470
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Old demos: http://myspace.com/decembersdream86

My younger sister on vocals, me on guitar
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2008, 10:41 AM   #471
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
my brother and i jsut started a new one with our buddy, its gonna be noisy but its too early to tell how were gonna sound, anyways:

me: guitar, trumpet
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2008, 02:30 PM   #472
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
now i have distribution copies of this, you can order it from my label:

This is the longest running I/C/O/C cd-r, it has pretty much a little bit of everything I've ever done.

Label Description:

"dfrp044

i/c/o/c – mainliner debutant cdr

Alphabet soup madness, well at least in track titles. Ten minute plus outings lumber along like a noise hulk that’s broken anchor and once again is out in open sea. Harsh and loud, dense only begins to describe what is in store for you when you get your hands on this disc."

Mexico=$50 pesos (envio incluido)
--------------
US, Can, Central America=$7 u.s. dollars (postpaid)
--------------
Rest Of The World=$8 u.s. dollars (postpaid)

or

you can download it for free here: http://sharebee.com/ffad21a9

sold out from my part.

get it from DFRP: www.frewebs.com/nkondi

he has killer shit by the likes of kenji siratori too.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2008, 11:15 AM   #473
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Just recorded a couple of short simple guitar instrumentals, if you want to listen:

www.myspace.com/paintthepainter
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2008, 06:56 AM   #474
hubre
empty page

hubre has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yes i have a band called HUBRE, i play all instruments by myself like guitar, bass, drums and vocals www.myspace.com/hubre01
hubre is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2008, 09:31 AM   #475
Saint_Huck
empty page

Saint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's assesSaint_Huck kicks all y'all's asses
I play in a no-wavish/kinda-free-stuff duo

www.myspace.com/themurdersintheruemorgue

You can also download for free our first CD-R expected to be released real soon by our friends and really interresting label For Noise's Sake

www.mediafire.com/?dzinyeuqyen
Saint_Huck is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 07:09 PM   #476
emobear
little trouble girl

emobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant future
I believe EVERYONE who listen to Sonic Youth has a band.
Old 01.27.2008, 11:48 PM   #477
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
ok, here it is, parasitic concubine ep:

"Like the sound of giant footsteps waking you from a deep sleep, this is a three-track monster from the chaotic megalopolis of Mexico City! Our first look into vastly uncharted noise territories south of your little border."

I/C/O/C - Parasitic Concubine EP: http://massmirror.com/8146d80417ddbf...5be8b8b87.html

hit me up for copies!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2008, 09:31 AM   #478
the no flag project
empty page

the no flag project has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yup
i have one The no flag project
hope you'll like it
let me know
www.myspace.com/thenoflagprojectmusic
the no flag project is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2008, 11:04 PM   #479
James_Danger
empty page

James_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud ofJames_Danger has much to be proud of
http://www.purevolume.com/lhowe/blog
James_Danger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 07:16 AM   #480
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by emobear
I believe EVERYONE who listen to Sonic Youth has a band.

Here in Amerika everyone can have guitar and many rock chick girlfriend. Is true!
212223 24 2526273474 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth