Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Placebo
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2006, 12:05 PM   #21
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
they first 3 albums are pretty good...but Sleeping with Ghosts and Meds are not so good...
Pablitzen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2006, 12:15 PM   #22
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Meds is growing on me now. I still like their earlier stuff better. In their documentary on the DVD they released with Meds, the band said that with this album they could finally be themselves. I was somewhat surprised when they said that because it sounds like they're trying too hard on Meds. I don't know. I think their self-titled, Without You I'm Nothing, and Black Market Music seemed to be more true (for a lack of a better word)...
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 12:55 AM   #23
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i met the singer dude once.

he was cool enough to sign me something for a friend but he clearly thinks he's lindsay lohan or something like that

hahaha, he thinks hes linsay lohan. well, could be worse, maybe.

i liked their first album very much. it suited my moods and just was very fitting with my feelings at the time. but after that i lost interest and heard a few songs here and there on a mix cd a friend of mine made that were pretty good, but i just wasn't "into" them like i was before.
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 02:25 AM   #24
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I like their earlier stuff more than their recent material. I started listening to Meds the other day, but I gave up halfway through. It just didn't sustain my attention.
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 05:44 AM   #25
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Nobody comments on Black Market Music....why not - thats their best record. That album has so much nostalgia for me...so i love it.
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 03:49 PM   #26
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
i really like the sound of the drums on this new album
Pablitzen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 01:11 PM   #27
Die Braut
little trouble girl

Die Braut has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I like Without you I'm Nothing the most. And I don't really like Sleeping with ghosts and black market music for some reasons... Meds is ok.
Die Braut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 02:56 PM   #28
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Brian Molko wouldnt give me the time of day when i met him . not surprising . And he was still hot .

I only knew one girl who liked them in high school , my best friend , and at the time though them as "O K" .
For some reason last winter i burned a nice comp for myself and ended up playing it relentlessly .

The actual song Meds is great . but then the album sort of drops off into filler until oooo id say maybe track 7 (because i want you) , song 8 isnt very good, then the rest is ok .

im just looking forward to seeing them live in seattle at my favorite venue , even if theyre co-headlining with a band i hate , and despite hearing that they just arent really givin it anymore live.. .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 02:56 PM   #29
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like them, although I can nearly sing a placebo song perfectly with the voice and everything.
Old 09.08.2006, 04:13 PM   #30
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
self titled is the best album. I still have most of the albums downloaded though
Old 09.08.2006, 04:29 PM   #31
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I like "Without You I'm Nothing". I haven't really heard anything they did before or after.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 06:07 PM   #32
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
They've got some memorable songs, but over all they are boring to me. They haven't evolved, and if people claim they have, it's not very much.
Old 09.09.2006, 06:15 PM   #33
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
I actually only really get into their hits.
Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth