Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Goodnight, Sweet Prince - atsonicpark extended remix
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2014, 05:44 AM   #101
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
^ i agree.
i felt that mine was too vague and poor and it felt bad cuz i didnt address to his people -- but all that dont matter. what matters is what melly said.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 05:48 AM   #102
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
^^^wish this would have been posted ten hours ago before I filled out the comment box and clicked send. It hasn't posted yet and there is a chance they may not allow it.

Some of you may think this silly, but I thought of it while laying in bed thinking about Adam. Not sure if just the people who have posted in this thread so far will be enough, but I was thinking we should all leave one of Adam's post positive feedback and get him back to the Top Spot of our "reputation" as a final SYG tribute.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 05:48 AM   #103
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
As long as you don't share any crude stuff he shared on this board, I think it should be alright. I signed it too.

I've still not slept either. I spoke to my mother when she woke up about it and was a crying mess the whole time. I don't think she quite understood what Adam meant to me but I just needed her support anyhow.

By the way, I messaged an admin on the super popular movie torrent tracker karagarga about his passing and asked that one of his movies get featured. Thankfully, they fulfilled my wish and over 50 people have downloaded Adam's movie Me Myself and My Third Eye in the past hour or so. Go Adam <3 I've also been asked to write something about him for it but I'll need to take my time and make sure my words are right.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 05:57 AM   #104
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, a simple ''condolences to his family and friends'' with your real name will do.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 06:00 AM   #105
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
This is terrible, absolutely fucked-up news.
He was indeed the hyperactive, superIQ, dude. I felt overwhelmed by his knowledge in all kinds of stuff.
His long posts scared me sometimes.
He was such a kind person, with a seriously twisted mind, and pretty serious health issues and family background. Dude had it all..
Rest in peace Adam. You are being missed already.
Old 02.06.2014, 06:41 AM   #106
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, I tried to do my write up of him for his featured torrent on karagarga. Please tell me what you think and if there's anything else you feel should be added to remember his legacy:

Quote:
Adam Cooley was my best friend. If I had to pick one person who influenced me the most in life it would be him. He was a person of great intelligence, great generosity and had an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything in the arts. He influenced not only me, but countless others to be themselves, make the type of art they want to make and not care if someone disregards it or doesn’t care for it. He was all about pushing boundaries, taking artistic risks and showcasing his unique outlook on the world through his work.

His passion for movies, music, comics, literature and everything in between was one of his biggest joys in life. He consumed everything with a ravenous appetite and was ecstatic to discuss them with anyone who would listen. He could fall asleep during a movie and still somehow tell you everything that happened and his interpretation of it. It didn’t matter if it was Freddy Got Fingered or Funeral Procession of Roses, nor did it matter if it was Mean Girls or In a Year of 13 Moons -- he saw the value and purpose of it all.

Adam was a hardworking, prolific artist. He produced more work than some artists do in twenty lifetimes, and yet his body of work still feels unfulfilled, like he still had so much more to say. He came into music not really knowing what to do but it didn’t matter, he went and picked up a $100 guitar and a dollar bin Casio keyboard and did it anyway. He made films without really knowing what to do either but still; he went and did it anyway. He used a cheap digicam and Windows Movie Maker on an old PC to put together his initial films. It didn’t matter what tools he used, his unbridled creativity took the wheel and produced works of great complexity and originality. He took cues from some of his favourite film makers; a bare emotional shot from Takeshi Kitano, a stylistic shot from Godard, and a general aesthetic not unlike his favourite director Giuseppe Andrews. But he was not a sum of his influences, he was a true original and there will never be someone like him ever again.

I hope that someone out there becomes inspired by his work through his death, much like he has inspired me and many others while he was alive and breathing. He will never be forgotten. I’ll miss you buddy.

Peace broseph,
Derek McArthur
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 06:41 AM   #107
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Such terribly sad news to wake up to. Never knew him as well as some here did but I loved our occasional PM exchanges about Anger, Brakhage and his own movies. Inspirational in the way he approached life but above all he seemed a really good guy. Other members have said the rest much better than I could.

RIP Adam.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 06:47 AM   #108
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Had to come back on here after learning the news. What a terrible thing.
Though I never had any kind of regular contact with Adam, he's had this kind of presence - we clashed quite a few times on here (always in good fun though), but we always got on afterwards and then ended sharing a lot of music on last.fm, he would randomly come up and ask me for some electronic music and i'd ask him some other stuff, last he sent me some hip hop in april 2013.

anyways. bit weird to fil so saddened/affected by the passing of someone whom you've never even met, isn't it? but i do, i really do. he was definitely one of the most interesting, and most intelligent above all, persons i've ever met in my life. his outlook on music, art, things and life was, is absolutely original and unique, so incredibly determined. that's something death can't take off him.
may he find peace

i love you all so much and i hope you're all good - take care of yourselves, cause you are all a bunch of fantastic people
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 07:04 AM   #109
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Ok... this is my first post on here for well over 3 years! I wish it was in better circumstances..
I only emailed him relativly recently regarding a possible meet up next year if I get over to the indy 500..... im quite sure he read it and knowing his lengthy delays in replying he wouldve done so eventually!
Such a good guy, such an honest guy, trumans water the fall tful282 is what we bonded over a long long time ago..
KEEP MAKING THAT NOISE COOLEY!!!!

Adam buddy... you will be missed mate!
love from ireland
Old 02.06.2014, 07:23 AM   #110
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Hey, I tried to do my write up of him for his featured torrent on karagarga. Please tell me what you think and if there's anything else you feel should be added to remember his legacy:

I think that it's perfect.

Thanks

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 07:46 AM   #111
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
This is sad beyond words. I didn't know him as well as some of you guys did but he always struck me as a very nice guy who was seeking consesus rather than confrontation. A lot of users didn't get along on this forum but I could hardly imagine anyone not getting along with him.

A few years ago I posted a disturbing drawing of mine, which I made when I was still a child (I think it was called "Post Yr Childhood Drawings" or something like that). I originally intended it to have a self-deprecating comedic effect but Adam seemed to be really into it and baffled me by wanting to use it as an album cover. I was both flattered and confused. I granted him my permission but for some reason I didn't take the offer all too seriously, why would anyone use this piece of shit drawing as an album cover?

So it came to be that only last year I noticed that he actually stuck with the idea. The album in question was "Psychic Existentialism". This baffled me even more but at the same time I was intrigued.

I just had to listen to some of his stuff. His music was unconventional to say the least. He just did his own thing and reached a new level of unique by doing so. Both his music and his presentation had an air of the surreal and I applauded him for that. Not many people dare to be weird. Adam did, wholeheartedly! And from the things I've read he was very modest about it. He seemed like a guy that did amazing things but wouldn't shy away from laying back and having a beer with you.

Rest In Peace Adam!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 08:28 AM   #112
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I've had a hell of a time on this board with you crazy fucks and I really do love and care about each of you

this.
Old 02.06.2014, 08:39 AM   #113
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
this.

or to elaborate...

it's been a lot of years, guys. A lot of us started on the old pre-SY.com board even. So a lot of us go pretty back in years. And it's just. Ugh. Some of us go months/years without posting. Or there's different crowds posting often at different times. Or in different threads or subforums.

But I just want to say that all these years. It is crazy. This sort of loose crowd of folks whom I consider my buddies. A lot of you guys y'know have been around through so much during my life.

(Thinking back to the OG forum and I was in college and running around crazy/young. And then the years go by. Got married. Bought a house. Different interests. So on.)

I know it's super rambly and even slightly OT. Guess I'm just saying that in a weird way this board has always been a sort of fam. Extended fam that maybe I don't see as often as I used to. But still.
Old 02.06.2014, 08:43 AM   #114
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
internet is just so fucking painful today.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 08:59 AM   #115
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
internet is just so fucking painful today.

^^^This

(((Nefeli)))
Old 02.06.2014, 09:20 AM   #116
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
All the comments are now coming online at Adam's funeral organisers site - some very moving words for atsonicpark there. You've all done yourselves really, really proud.

(((SYG)))
Old 02.06.2014, 09:48 AM   #117
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Not much to add to what other people already expressed with better words than mines..

Sad news, but good memories too.

It's hard to pinpoint something specific about him, both for his prolific output and for the fact that, at least for me, it wasn't always something about that output itself that intrigued me, but mostly his passion/attitude and the thoughts that (willingly or not) some of his posts here and his multifaceted creativity provoked in me.

Here's a link to the Skip Tracer cover he recorded (as Scissor Shock) for the first SYG tribute, not sure if it's already available somewhere else (didn't check on archive.org), and most "new" board members won't even know what I'm talking about, but hey...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqemgr4usl...p%20Tracer.mp3
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2014, 09:57 AM   #118
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Fitful sleep last night.

Life is short, people.

I consider all of you my "pen-pals" in the old sense of the word. I share of myself, and I enjoy when you all share of yourselves.

Adam's creativity and his willingness to be open about most things is RARE.

I want all of you to know that, even though you may be words on a screen, behind a funny picture, and with an odd user name, you are REAL to me in a way that is most valuable.

I interact with dozens of people each day who mean less to me than the small interactions I share with you guys.

atsonicpark and I would get into heated exchanges about film, art, how to view things, how to judge things, intellectual things. I am the better person for it.
Old 02.06.2014, 10:14 AM   #119
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Amen rob
Old 02.06.2014, 10:18 AM   #120
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://directoradamcooley.angelfire.com/
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth