Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2015, 08:31 AM   #641
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I could care less if they break Heat's 2nd place steak but I'm not gonna lie, if NBA gives away the Lakers streak by giving Dubs last season's wins too that is fucked up.

This is standard operating procedure in Major League Baseball. To be honest, I've never given it much thought about the NBA. YES - the NBA is recognizing the end of last years "regular season" victories as well.

Last night, I listened to the entire GSW radio broadcast on my phone via my League Audio Pass. Wow - the Dubs went on a 22-0 run during the First Quarter.

The Warriors scored 79 points in the first half, the most scored in any half by any team this season.

The Warriors hit 52 field goals (52-of-95 FG), tied for the most field goals made by any team in a single game this season.

The Warriors are now 13-0 on the road this season, the best road start in NBA history!

Klay Thompson was on fire scoring 39 points last night......Klay joins J.R. Smith (3) & Stephen Curry (2) as the only players in NBA history with multiple games of at least 10 3-pointers.

GSW have today and tomorrow off before playing in Boston on Friday night. If the Celtics can't knock them down, then the Warriors will be trying to set another NBA record by being the ONLY team in NBA history to go undefeated on a seven game road trip......that would happen Saturday night in Milwaukee.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2015, 03:37 PM   #642
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm aware the NBA is doing it. I am on the camp that disagrees. Last season is last season, this season is this season. Pretty simple. Lakers streak is on one season. If dubs win 28 games and they give them last season's too making it 34 it will always have an *

Lakers streak is in the NBA pantheon.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2015, 04:00 PM   #643
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Rockets used to have the best win streak to start a season until GS Warriors passed them about two weeks ago

I tend to side with the people who state that the GS Warriors are the end result of the myriad rule changes put through in the NBA to cut back on the physicality of the game. If the GS Warriors had to face the early 90's Bulls, the late 80's Pistons, the 1994 Rockets or the 80's Celtics they would be so battered and bruised they would barely manage 80 points a game. Imagine the GS Warriors against a whole team of Bruce Bowens. Them fools would be stomped
Old 12.09.2015, 05:27 PM   #644
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with that and Warriors are the revenge of such rule changes. Personally i like the "new NBA" and the way its become more about pure bball and less about bully ball BUT i don't like what GS are doing because i agree, just a few hard fouls would put Curry Cupcake and loud mouthed undersized Draymond in their place.

Old 12.09.2015, 05:29 PM   #645
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Shit a Dexter Pittman or Metta World Peace People's Elbow would take care of that too

Of course to be frank i feel the same way about Harden flop-a-thon last season

Old 12.10.2015, 03:52 PM   #646
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yes, the Rockets have taken advantage of it too.
Old 12.10.2015, 07:29 PM   #647
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Of course bball is a game of strategy. The Bad Boy Jordan Rules worked until the Triangle. The Twin Towers worked until a fresh crop of fast guards took em down. Hyper trap defense worked until hyper ball movement cracked its weakness. Now small ball is working until well, the inevitability that some smart defense figures it out. More irony is two of my all time favorite teams, the Nashty Suns and the Heatles are really the original blue prints for what Golden State is doing so..

Old 12.10.2015, 07:29 PM   #648
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Of course bball is a game of strategy. The Bad Boy Jordan Rules worked until the Triangle. The Twin Towers worked until a fresh crop of fast guards took em down. Hyper trap defense worked until hyper ball movement cracked its weakness. Now small ball is working until well, the inevitability that some smart defense figures it out. More irony is two of my all time favorite teams, the Nashty Suns and the Heatles are really the original blue prints for what Golden State is doing so..

Old 12.10.2015, 08:03 PM   #649
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...-war-3-pointer

This was a fantastic read from six months ago

Old 12.11.2015, 06:50 PM   #650
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
RocketsIf the GS Warriors had to face the early 90's Bulls, the late 80's Pistons, the 1994 Rockets or the 80's Celtics they would be so battered and bruised they would barely manage 80 points a game.

I respect your opinion as I once thought the same, however, the numbers are telling us something different. Basically, it boils down to offensive efficiency. The Golden State Warrior's operate at a level the Bulls nor Pistons could fathom.

The rules now are extremely different than back then, like the 3 point line being shorter during the mid-90's......the Dubs destroy the 3 point line at it's current distance. Also, teams back then (and now) run designed plays so their guys can shake their defenders via picks and screens to free them for an open shot. The Warriors are so productive with their ball movement, they usually take wide open uncontested shots......GSW players rarely foul out.

As the season rolls on and we approach the All-Star break / end of season, you will start to see more and more articles detailing the offensive efficiency I'm talking about. The numbers will also reveal that Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were basically no different than, Alan Iverson......the BIG difference being they have multiple Championships which equales them receiving a free pass for their lack of offensive efficiency. I realize this boarders on blasphemy, but the numbers don't lie!

Last season, Stephen Curry broke the NBA 3 pointers made record......this season, he is on pace to SHATTER his record and will do so playing far less minutes with fewer shot attempts......all while defending last years Championship.

Are you letting the last sentence sink in? "all while defending last years Championship."

Each time the Warriors tip off, their opponent has two reasons to "get up for the game."

A) defeating the NBA Champions

B) going down in NBA infamy to be the team to "end the streak."
Old 12.12.2015, 01:23 AM   #651
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Personally from the Dubs games I've seen other teams didn't "bring it" indeed i am legitimately wondering if teams just don't give a fuck?

Old 12.12.2015, 03:59 PM   #652
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Personally from the Dubs games I've seen other teams didn't "bring it" indeed i am legitimately wondering if teams just don't give a fuck?

This approach sounds randomly desperate and I guess it could be true of a couple of teams......sort of like getting out of the way as to not be posterized by a Karl Malone thunder dunk.

The truth is, no one has an answer. When the Warriors end up losing a game or possibly even two in a row, it's NOT going to because someone figured it out or concocted a scheme to prevent the Dubs from doing something they want, it will be due to the schedule, multiple player injuries or a sickness bug afflicting the team......or just a random night of bad shooting.

On the drive to work last night ESPN had cut to a reporter in New England who told this story. Every Friday night a local TV station has they New England Patriot hour. While this TV show was airing, they had a picture in picture of Steph Curry warming up. It was like two hours before tip and they had a camera on Curry.

With Klay Thompson not being able play, Draymond Green had "Dream Like" night in the NBA:

20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks over last 40 seasons:

- Hakeem Olajuwon (5x)
- Derrick Coleman (1x)
- Draymond Green (last night)

The Celtics are just the 2nd Top Five NBA team in defensive efficiency The Dubs have faced this year......the Bulls were the other.

Sixth game into a seven game road trip......double overtime couldn't keep the Dub's down:

Stephen Curry had a bad night of shooting, only scoring 39 points on 27 FG attempts. OH - about that "just foul them hard" theory, last night during the First OT, Stephen Curry reached a CARRIER HIGH 12 Free Throw attempts. He ended the night with 14 Free Throw attempts going 14-14......how can you plan on fouling a guy "hard" who almost NEVER puts himself in that position???

NBA TV has dropped Spurt at Hawks tonight to show GSW at Milwaukee.

IF The Dubs find a way to win and set a new NBA record for going 7-0 on a road trip, Golden State doesn't play again until Wednesday when they start a five game home stand......having three days in a row off is just what this team needs!
Old 12.12.2015, 04:38 PM   #653
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I never thought id say this but i miss when Bytor posted about the Rockets instead of his shameless bandwagoning the Warriors.

Old 12.12.2015, 07:35 PM   #654
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Bowen agrees with my assessment. ..

Quote:
Bowen acknowledges stopping Curry isn't easy. "But c'mon, I watch all these guys guarding Steph now say, 'Oh, he's hot. ... He's just doing what he does. Nothing I try is going to work anyway,' and so they stop pressuring him. Hell-o! What? No, no, no.

"You're gonna get embarrassed anyway. Might as well at least make it a hard 40, right?"

Old 12.12.2015, 11:05 PM   #655
Bytor Peltor
Banned

1972 Lakers and 2015 Warriors......Milwaukee is the place where NBA streaks die:

February would the be earliest Golden State could play a game with a 500 record.

I'll have more on this game later, but now I'm headed to work!
Old 12.12.2015, 11:54 PM   #656
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 12.13.2015, 09:37 AM   #657
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Ballsy move by Milwaukee to have those shirts printed up ahead of time!

Old 12.13.2015, 09:47 AM   #658
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
I never thought id say this but i miss when Bytor posted about the Rockets instead of his shameless bandwagoning the Warriors.

I'm not bandwagoning anyone!

I'm a fan of the NBA and I believe we're watching history being made and I'm documenting some of it here. Not so much for now, but to have when I want to look back in the months to come.

To be honest, the Rockets haven't done much to post about. Kobe was in town last night and had his best game of the season, but it didn't help the Lakers any.

Starting to hear some rumblings that the Rockets are shopping Dwight Howard. Clint Capela was moved to the starting lineup after McHale was fired and he was been playing great. NO, Capela is no Dwight Howard, but I do believe the Rockets are willing to give it ago with out Dwight......Cleveland may be interested.

T-Mac and Stevie Franchise were courtside for the Mamba's return:

Steve looking like peanut from The Proud Family

Old 12.13.2015, 03:09 PM   #659
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Bruh i love you but you post everyday about every little thing the warriors do and you rarely if ever mention your own team. If that isn't bandwagoning its definitely Fifty Shades of Grey

Old 12.15.2015, 05:47 PM   #660
Bytor Peltor
Banned

^^^straight history, no chaser!

Last night, the Houston Rockets dropped their third game of the season to the Denver Nuggets. Add in the two losses against the Brooklyn Nets, the Rockets are 0-5 against two of the worst teams in the league......at least they beat the 76'ers by two points!
303132 33 34353643 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth