Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck you guys, I'm back.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2014, 05:52 AM   #1
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
This has to be the weirdest comeback. Like. Ever.
I was uber bored so I googled my name to kill some time, and whaddayaknow - next thing I remember is I am redirected here, the good old blue board. (I got reminded that the last time I was here is 25 april 2013).

As far as I can see not much has changed. Has something changed? Hit me up with the latest trends, so I don't feel ridiculous.

Meh.
Old 12.19.2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome back

It is the best of times. It is the worst of times.
Old 12.19.2014, 10:52 AM   #3
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Drat. You missed the chance to meet and fall in love with a Belgian fellow named gast (I think there was a number afterwards. gast22?) He was such a delightful little rascal that he inspired the "Be Nice to Each Other" sticky you might have noticed.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2014, 02:16 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Don't scare shentov away with talk of gasty. Besides, we have PLips now which is much the improvement. We.missed ya shentov, keep posting

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2014, 03:10 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wow! i rubbed my eyes i thought they were lying.

welcome back! this place is, of course, dead now, but that's not reason not to keep showing up anyway for some of us.

don't know what is it. last bastion of the anonymous internet or something?

but good to see you back. what have you been up to besides googling yourself? still in a band?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2014, 03:43 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Not only is the last bastion in anonymous interwebbing, its also still the place to chat about Sonic Youth.. which we still do occasionally and im sure it trips the band out like, "wait.. fans still troll us?"

Old 12.19.2014, 10:24 PM   #7
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the board is pretty much dead, there is maybe one or two new users that make a notable contribution post quantity wise every year now

roobgar, suchfriends and symbol man are the 3 main posters now, noone else matches them quantity wise. genteeldeath posts a lot to, im here sporadically. stu is mod and doing an excellent job of it. demonrail is still around. floatingslowly has taken another wife from his harem of board females and is busy down unda.

the biggest news is that we lost the boards most talented artist and all round soundest dude - adam cooley.

glice is gone, derek only posts occasionally, halfeatencake is now pony, nefeli is around, melly isnt, tesla is still here, doing his thing.

there is still some life to the non sonics board but its not that great anymore.

syg is long past its prime but i think it holds a big emotional connection for some of us. i dont really want to see it go even if it does bore and annoy me sometimes. i care quite deeply about many of the real people that still show up here and also those that don't anymore.

i think after you put in a certain amount of time to a place like this, you get attached. if this place shuts down, its going to be a very sad day indeed. how many people remember the days when no matter what you typed into google, you ended up HERE?

seriously though, for better or worse i am syg for life, and so i want this place to stay around for the rest of my days so i can find out what happens to the people i have spent so long trolling/loving.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2014, 10:33 PM   #8
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
seriously tho - i love all you douchebags. even the people ive been mean as hell to.

anyone who passes the threshold into major syg poster is ok in my books and would be someone i consider a friend. IRL i will always buy you a drink and do you a favour. even if im 60 and the boards long dead, any syger will have a special place in my heart.

the real question is what does the future of syg look like?

will it be only me and suchfriends arguing in between our alzhiemers medication? will symbol man retire early in the extremest way possible? will plips achieve his dreams? will gast return as a vengeful woman, hellbent on destroying the starship voyager?

we've had marriages, addictions, mental breakdowns, deaths, births, bans, trollwars, religion, record labels, films, albums - it's been a big part of a lot of peoples lives.
Old 12.19.2014, 11:44 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

...days of our sonic lives..

Old 12.20.2014, 11:58 AM   #10
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
hi and stuff
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2014, 09:52 AM   #11
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm so glad we have Plips instead of gast.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2014, 11:18 AM   #12
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

amen
Old 12.21.2014, 11:30 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i resent the comparison but hell yes.
Old 12.21.2014, 12:06 PM   #14
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
EVEN Plips' art is MUCH MUCH better than Gast...and gast had some cool/funny stuff.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2014, 05:42 AM   #15
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
hi shentov

i am also an old sporadic poster returning to the board (bored at work yiiiikes)

i have lurked a bit over the last few years and it isn't the same as the good old days

but i have a lot of nostalgic good feeling for this place since i spent a lot of time reading and posting, a lot of laughts (was robin hood a real person?).

AND even back on the OLD BOARD in 2001/2 i found out so much about good music and good bands (the album sharing group) that i have enjoyed so much over the years. and plus helped me seem waaaaaaay cooler than my 14 year old self could otherwise have been
Old 12.22.2014, 10:55 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hey, archaeologist! good to see you back here a bit.
Old 12.22.2014, 11:00 AM   #17
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey, archaeologist! good to see you back here a bit.

hey grawlix
Old 12.23.2014, 04:01 PM   #18
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
true that. I think I'll always come back to this board. I had the best internet moments of my life on the SY board (the old one tho). fun times. also I made friends with great people, I learned a ton of great bands and so on.

it's good to see you guys, although I am connected with some people from here on facebook.

<3
Old 12.23.2014, 04:21 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
slavo is now a father to a new Sonic Life
Old 12.24.2014, 02:44 PM   #20
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
slavo is now a father to a new Sonic Life

I am indeed !!! Her name is Hana (=local version of Hannah) and she's the light of my life. It may sound as the biggest cliche, but creating a new life and maintaining and raising it must be the best thing about being alive.

Sorry, I may sound like I'm being hormonal, but I am truly the happiest person alive because of my daughter.

Other than that, hello Shentov. I am sorry we never got to meet in person, though we don't live that far from each other.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth