Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page [i need Someones gUidaNce] RA
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Bunbury is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2006, 10:54 PM   #2
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
There are just way too many to pick from, I'm not even going to try and single one out.

Pick up whatever you can find, you can't go wrong.

My favorite, and very underrated:

Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Bunbury
stalker

Bunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's assesBunbury kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
There are just way too many to pick from,

tell me about it.
im thinking of going with either super sonic jazz, heliocentric worlds vol1 or the futuristic sounds of sun ra.
Old 06.05.2006, 06:39 PM   #4
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
space is the place
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 07:03 PM   #5
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunbury
tell me about it.
im thinking of going with either super sonic jazz, heliocentric worlds vol1 or the futuristic sounds of sun ra.

super sonic jazz is i believe his first full lenght recording from 56 in chicago. from 56 to about 61 or so when he moved to new york his music had yet to become really really really fucking crazy. pretty much all the songs had a pulse and there was harmony and melody. not to say it was some boring jazz shit because tho he was using these familiar elements it was still way out there and ahead of its time. so super sonic jazz has some great compositions but my only complaint is most of the songs after having kick ass "heads" the solo sections just go into blues progressions. this cd is worth it if only for the tune advice from medics which is a solo electric piano piece. it sounds like mr rogers music in a picaso painting.

futuristic sounds of sun ra is a really good cd from this early period too. all of the tunes are great and thankfully not all of the solo sections turn into blues progression.

heliocentric worlds is i believe from either the early to late 60s i think. this is some of his way out shit where strict composition-solos-compostion form is not used. lots of seeming improv that is way out.

i would suggest the cd the nubians of plutonia/angels and demons at play. its from a few sessions from his early period. four of the songs are very much in the big band tradtion but slightly skewed while the rest of the songs show him stretching out into other territories ie "world music", heavy african drumming work outs and strictly textural pieces. it was my first sun ra cd and it is still my favorite.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Bunbury
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
super sonic jazz is i believe his first full lenght recording from 56 in chicago. from 56 to about 61 or so when he moved to new york his music had yet to become really really really fucking crazy. pretty much all the songs had a pulse and there was harmony and melody. not to say it was some boring jazz shit because tho he was using these familiar elements it was still way out there and ahead of its time. so super sonic jazz has some great compositions but my only complaint is most of the songs after having kick ass "heads" the solo sections just go into blues progressions. this cd is worth it if only for the tune advice from medics which is a solo electric piano piece. it sounds like mr rogers music in a picaso painting.

futuristic sounds of sun ra is a really good cd from this early period too. all of the tunes are great and thankfully not all of the solo sections turn into blues progression.

heliocentric worlds is i believe from either the early to late 60s i think. this is some of his way out shit where strict composition-solos-compostion form is not used. lots of seeming improv that is way out.

i would suggest the cd the nubians of plutonia/angels and demons at play. its from a few sessions from his early period. four of the songs are very much in the big band tradtion but slightly skewed while the rest of the songs show him stretching out into other territories ie "world music", heavy african drumming work outs and strictly textural pieces. it was my first sun ra cd and it is still my favorite.
thanks
Old 06.09.2006, 09:49 PM   #7
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
I am a huge sun ra fan, I have more sun ra stuff than anything else. Heliocentric worlds is considered by many to be the best starting place for new people.

my favorite's are:

solar myth approch vol 1 & 2
Heliocentric worlds vol 1 & 2
Space is the place
Astro Black
Disco 3000
Sun Song

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth