Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Vinyl numbers...?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2007, 01:17 AM   #1
coastrat
empty page

coastrat chews with a vagina dentatacoastrat chews with a vagina dentata
Hi all. I tried searching the threads, but couldn't narrow it down to find any answers.

I'm curious where I can find out how many of each particular SY albums were put out. That is (sorry, I'm tired/inarticulate), the number that was released? Is there a site that lists such info?

I'm always curious why Washing Machine commands a pretty high price and so forth.

Also, is there any difference between the 1xlp Thousand Leaves and the 2xlp version?
coastrat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 01:33 AM   #2
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
There's a single LP ATL?! I wasn't aware that that existed... are you sure, man?

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 10:18 AM   #3
coastrat
empty page

coastrat chews with a vagina dentatacoastrat chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
There's a single LP ATL?! I wasn't aware that that existed... are you sure, man?

Actually, no, I'm not. I just re-checked and if you go to the sy.com store and click records, the cd version of ATL comes up too with the lp version. So it looks like there are two formats when in reality one of those IS cd.

My bad.
coastrat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 10:36 AM   #4
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrat

I'm always curious why Washing Machine commands a pretty high price and so forth.

Also, is there any difference between the 1xlp Thousand Leaves and the 2xlp version?

Washing Machine probably commands a relatively high price on auction sites and the like for three reasons: 1)It's a double album, so naturally it's going demand a higher price than a single album, based solely on quantity of recordings; 2)It was released as a double album with a gatefold sleeve on a major label, at a time when vinyl in general was supposed to be in its death throes, therefore it was undoubtably issued in a relatively small, limited press run; and 3)the texture and colours (pale blue, quasi gray, etc.) of the album cover make it highly susceptible to ringwear and other damage--this exacerbated by the fact that double gatefold albums are almost always more prone to such damage because of their weight and compressed structure.

As for A Thousand Leaves in a single LP configuration, Are you sure you're not confusing it with Daydream Nation, which was released in Russia in 1991 as an abridged, single bootleg edition?
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth