Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2017, 11:20 AM   #40301
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Dang dood. 3 jobs. Are they like freelancing jobs? I know you just got a promotion n stuff....but what are they other two if you don't mind me asking

One of them is still technically freelancing for the moment — but not *real* freelancing because I do it *for* my company exclusively. But yeah it's 1099 shit. Prior to this I had two "jobs," and one was the freelance gig and the other was regular. I did work for both "jobs" in the same place at the same time though, so... very hard to explain. Basically my company didn't want to give me full bennies. Oh hey that was actually easy!

Now I've taken on a second role that's also included in my regular salary. Mgmt is currently trying to figure out how to get me into a position where that formerly freelance writing gets done without wearing me out or having to pay overtime, but for now I'm doing all three things and working a fuck ton and it's super confusing.

We need to hire a new freelancer, make my feature writing part of my regular pay, and distribute some of my other duties to some of our part-timers. Then they need to bring me a proposed new wage for the new hybrid-position. It's going to take a while, though, I fear.

They kinda offered me the job before they had a transition plan in place.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2017, 01:36 PM   #40302
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Ouch mang. Hope everything gets figured out! Happy to hear your staying busy though. Working more saves money
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2017, 10:27 PM   #40303
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Ouch mang. Hope everything gets figured out! Happy to hear your staying busy though. Working more saves money

Yup. Getting a fuckton of hours, that's for sure.

And experience.

Honestly, this is basically my second career change, and I'm working at a daily newspaper and doing a little bit of everything. So the pressure is on constantly, and that's great for future opportunities at weeklies or other, less rigorous formats. Also, most of our writers just write and occasionally do page layout. I'm designing pages all the time, so at this point I'm able to do some things that nobody else at the office cans do. I'm also overseeing publications and copy-editing, so if I ever get over my hang ups about being "unworthy," and want to apply for a legit editor position somewhere, that will come in handy too.

But damn I'm glad it's the weekend.
Old 05.13.2017, 04:30 AM   #40304
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Man, as if Steely Dan were able to sell out the o2 arena in barely a day.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2017, 10:07 AM   #40305
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Man, as if Steely Dan were able to sell out the o2 arena in barely a day.

I misread this at first and thought you were talking about an arena in '02. Of course, you would have been being sarcastic, because they did just that, like, a fuck-ton in 2002, but now I get it.

Wow, that sold out already though? I just googled the show and it looked like tickets were still available. I didn't click any links though, so, what the fuck am I talking about?
Old 05.13.2017, 10:13 AM   #40306
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I misread this at first and thought you were talking about an arena in '02. Of course, you would have been being sarcastic, because they did just that, like, a fuck-ton in 2002, but now I get it.

Wow, that sold out already though? I just googled the show and it looked like tickets were still available. I didn't click any links though, so, what the fuck am I talking about?

The o2 arena in London and I couldn't see any tickets any way. Tbf, they were a total rip-off ranging from £55-£185. Total joke.

Annoying thing is they haven't toured here for, like, 9 years and they decide to do one shitty arena date? I say non to that.

Old 05.16.2017, 08:52 AM   #40307
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Was in Colorado like a month ago. (4/20 weekend...it wasn't planned I swear) drove there with my dog...went on some mountains n shit. Didn't smoke weed, but vaped concentrates, bodied their fighting game scene in Street Fighter 3, had some awesome matches in SF2.

Now this Saturday I'm going to LA to visit my sister. I think I can get used to this traveling often thing. I'm hoping I can go to an arcade or at least a garage session with some SF3 veterans. I need to keep playing...I have a tournament Memorial Day weekend...
Old 05.22.2017, 10:13 AM   #40308
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Is being "in love" necessary? Is it even real?

Let's say you care about someone. You might even say you "love" them. Additionally, you are sexually attracted to them.

But there's not that crazy, swooning feeling. Some spark isn't there.

Does it matter for a strong romantic relationship? Isn't being "in love" a temporary state anyway?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2017, 05:34 AM   #40309
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

How can it be that so some cunt decides that targeting a concert is the 'right' thing. Ariana Grande's core audience are kids, and for many of those kids who died today it was probably their first concert. How does that happen? Just heartbreaking.

Old 05.23.2017, 08:47 AM   #40310
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Yeah. Just heard about that. That is really awful.
Old 05.24.2017, 07:56 PM   #40311
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Damn. This coming weekend is the big tournament....and tomorrow I'm going to pick up a legendary Japanese fighting game(Capcom vs SNK 2) player, BAS.
Old 05.24.2017, 09:06 PM   #40312
Severian
invito al cielo

So that third job I've been doing? Wearing myself out completely? Yeah, well, in a creepily brief meeting with the Man, I learned — after doing all three jobs for weeks — that, apparently, I'm too "valuable" in one of my other positions, and this third gig, which I really would have liked, is "easier to fill." Sooo... they filled it with someone else (new, outside, young, inexperienced), and that's that.

Good thing the extra work is over, but fuck man. They really will go out of their way to avoid paying for benefits.

Then I got a flat tire.

Then I got jury duty notification.

Best birthday ever.
Old 05.24.2017, 09:27 PM   #40313
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
So that third job I've been doing? Wearing myself out completely? Yeah, well, in a creepily brief meeting with the Man, I learned — after doing all three jobs for weeks — that, apparently, I'm too "valuable" in one of my other positions, and this third gig, which I really would have liked, is "easier to fill." Sooo... they filled it with someone else (new, outside, young, inexperienced), and that's that.

Good thing the extra work is over, but fuck man. They really will go out of their way to avoid paying for benefits.

Then I got a flat tire.

Then I got jury duty notification.

Best birthday ever.

o man! always in 3s

happy birthday!

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2017, 11:41 PM   #40314
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

3s.
Old 05.25.2017, 09:31 AM   #40315
Severian
invito al cielo

Fml
Old 05.25.2017, 12:03 PM   #40316
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
These are just temporary problems.

Concentrate more on permanent ones, like your massive vagina or your tendency to drool while in conversation.

I usually charge for my advice, but this one's on me dood.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2017, 12:18 AM   #40317
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

So...this we did another side tournament for Street Fighter 3. We managed to nearly double last years entrants....and I think t's the biggest 3s tournament in the past few years. One of the biggest was last year in North Carolina, and it had 57 entrants. We had 58 this year. w00t.
Old 05.29.2017, 08:27 AM   #40318
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
These are just temporary problems.

Concentrate more on permanent ones, like your massive vagina or your tendency to drool while in conversation.

I usually charge for my advice, but this one's on me dood.

Old 05.29.2017, 08:28 AM   #40319
Severian
invito al cielo

Is it weird to say, "Happy Memorials Day?"

I'm not asking because I've said that or anything close to it. Just wondering.
Old 05.29.2017, 09:05 AM   #40320
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

It sounds weird.
1516191619662006201320142015 2016 201720182019202620662116 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth