Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Let's see your scribble
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you left handed or right? Or both?
Left 8 34.78%
Right 14 60.87%
Both 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08.21.2008, 04:11 PM   #101
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
out of the top of my head:

moving boards
in-store advertising (shelves, floor stickers and so)
fictious websites & guerilla marketing
and other wicked shit (let's take an example. we were preparing a Christmas campaign for a telecom operator a couple years ago. imagine there is a giant Christmas tree on our main square in Bratislava evey December. So one of my colleagues had an idea to put big paper boxes looking like Christmas presents underneath the tree, all wrapped up in company colours of that company and yada yada yada.it was pretty successful)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:15 PM   #102
al shabbray

I believe you.
I am really interested in that kind of stuff. guerilla marketing, thats pretty interesting.
I am coming more from the arty way, the less commercial way, but a friend and I were rolling a 500 meter roll of paper which we colored pink first down one of the not so bog mountains here it looked really surreal to see a pink line running down a huge hill.
btw it has no meaning back then we were 16 but it looked great
a little bit off tpoic but it came to y head
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:18 PM   #103
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
the meaning is what makes it stunning.
and i don't see a point in drawing a line between commercial/non-commercial.
when it's good and catchy and i see it somewhere and then it turns out to be a commercial, I just say "Fuck, that's good" and the brand/producer gets my imaginary pos rep (transported into higher interest-to-buy ratio)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.21.2008, 04:20 PM   #104
al shabbray

yeah I didnt want to draw a line there!
I just wanted to say that I was too young that it could have anything to do with commercial things like corporations. but it would have fit for the german telekom. their logo is a magenta "T".
and I totally agree with you about that.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:22 PM   #105
_slavo_
invito al cielo

i know what you're saying about the big fucking magenta T.
T-Mobile was my main client for 2 years. No more, fortunately.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.21.2008, 04:25 PM   #106
al shabbray

they are one of the most unorganised corporations I know as far as I can say that. they do so much wrong...
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:26 PM   #107
_slavo_
invito al cielo

and have a KGB-resembling structure of responsibility.
fucking assholes.
I'm switching my mobile provider to O2

night to you, king al-hasan

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.21.2008, 04:29 PM   #108
al shabbray

yeah good night. sleep well
king-slavo-man
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|