Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Which band has the most irritating fans.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2007, 02:37 AM   #101
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
Although I've already posted in this topic once, I feel I'd like to mention Bob Marley fans. A lot of them seem to think since they smoke weed and he smoked weed that he's a hero, and that gets pretty annoying.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 04:50 AM   #102
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
They're not fans, just someone they think is cool because supposedly all he ever did was smoke pot. Try to talk to them about the Exodus album and they'd be screwed.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 04:53 AM   #103
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
The only Bob Marley fans I know are frat guys.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 07:05 AM   #104
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
...not really... post-hardcore was a term made up for, basically, the kind of shit Dischord was putting out in the mid/late-80s and 90s... More use of dynamics and complexity than hardcore, but still rooted in hardcore punk.

A more academic term for emo would probably be emotive hardcore...

And, I hate to even say it, but "scene" kids (they're not "emo," they're just fucking lame and pretend to have problems) are the most retarded bunch around. Stop listening to boring, repetitive, uninspired and unoriginal music, stop dressing like everyone else, stop spending more time on yr retarded looking hair and make-up and do something that means something.

"Nirvana"/"Kurdt* Cobain" fans. Meaning: Kids that have Cobain posters plastered on their walls and have heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are... MAYBE About A Girl, and would probably rather die than listen to any of their more experimental and fucked up stuff.
*because, you know,t hat's how he spelled his name, and his fans all know that!)

I think you are right to a point but there has been so many interpretations of what the terms 'Emo' and 'Post-Hardcore' refer to. Its perhaps an accurate term for what is coming out of South Wales currently because it does include elements of what you would call modern emo and a nod to some of the kinda things that dischord was putting out like rites of spring and fugazi. Part of the reason for their arrogance and short sightedness is their love for the history of Post-Hardcore/Emo. Its all rather annoying. You haven't witnessnessed emo snobbory in full force until you come to modern home of european misery music.
Old 09.16.2007, 08:09 AM   #105
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
˙ɔısnɯ ʎɹǝsıɯ uɐǝdoɹnǝ ɟo ǝɯoɥ uɹǝpoɯ oʇ ǝɯoɔ noʎ lıʇun ǝɔɹoɟ llnɟ uı ʎɹoqqous oɯǝ pǝssǝussǝuʇıʍ ʇ,uǝʌɐɥ noʎ ˙ƃuıʎouuɐ ɹǝɥʇɐɹ llɐ sʇı ˙oɯǝ\ǝɹoɔpɹɐɥ-ʇsod ɟo ʎɹoʇsıɥ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝʌol ɹıǝɥʇ sı ssǝupǝʇɥƃıs ʇɹoɥs puɐ ǝɔuɐƃoɹɹɐ ɹıǝɥʇ ɹoɟ uosɐǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɟo ʇɹɐd ˙ızɐƃnɟ puɐ ƃuıɹds ɟo sǝʇıɹ ǝʞıl ʇno ƃuıʇʇnd sɐʍ pɹoɥɔsıp ʇɐɥʇ sƃuıɥʇ ɐpuıʞ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝɯos oʇ pou ɐ puɐ oɯǝ uɹǝpoɯ llɐɔ plnoʍ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ɟo sʇuǝɯǝlǝ ǝpnlɔuı sǝop ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq ʎlʇuǝɹɹnɔ sǝlɐʍ ɥʇnos ɟo ʇno ƃuıɯoɔ sı ʇɐɥʍ ɹoɟ ɯɹǝʇ ǝʇɐɹnɔɔɐ uɐ sdɐɥɹǝd sʇı ˙oʇ ɹǝɟǝɹ ,ǝɹoɔpɹɐɥ-ʇsod, puɐ ,oɯǝ, sɯɹǝʇ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ɟo suoıʇɐʇǝɹdɹǝʇuı ʎuɐɯ os uǝǝq sɐɥ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇnq ʇuıod ɐ oʇ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɹɐ noʎ ʞuıɥʇ ı
The only problem I have with "post-hardcore" as a term is that it is such a loosely defined word. I have been seeing a lot of bands calling themselves post-hardcore for some attempt to retain a legit "punk edge" while their music is actually just pop music. Maybe pop music with an occasional scream or two (which so many people seem to consider is the tale tell sign of hardcore). It's ridiculous. And why are the vast majority of post-hardcore bands interested in combining hardcore with metal (I mean the noodle-focused metal, not the trash stuff that's already been done)?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 09:14 AM   #106
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
The only ones I know are in all honors or AP classes and tell me that nothing is better than just turning on Bob Marley and just sitting there and relaxing. I told them they missed the point, pass the joint.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 09:23 AM   #107
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31203
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41242

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 09:41 AM   #108
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
Well Post-Hardcore is just a more academic word for Emo. Although many would argue there is a difference, in common usage its usually used to describe a slightly more refined and less crude type of emo music. In Cardiff the south wales valleys music scene is usually refered to as Post-Hardcore.

I'm not taking a cheap shot at emo culture, more the dyed in the wool worshipers that take a great amount of pride in being willfully blind to the validity of any other type of music. Its the general arrogance that annoys me. I like to keep an open mind and listen to lots of different things, it makes life far more exciting. I'm not sure people who live outside of South Wales can truely appreciate what I mean.

agreed. I'm sure somebody has mentioned the pumpkins too, though i haven't got that far into the thread. these are the fans that created the turd that is zeitgeist its them that causes this reflected image that some people have of that band. Really though isn't any fan really irritating fandom is an odd phenominomiomiomiomniominiom.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 10:06 AM   #109
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Your right. My view on the Pumpkins is very different to the one that has been circulated over the last few years. Sure they went slightly stale towards the end but the music they were producing from 1991 to 1998 was incredable. Gish, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, Adore all classic records. Zeitgeist makes me wanna cry, its the sound of a band wanted to imitate themselves.
Old 09.16.2007, 10:13 AM   #110
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
Prog metal bands fans are the worst.
Old 09.16.2007, 10:28 AM   #111
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
YES! Rush fans!
Old 09.16.2007, 11:01 AM   #112
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
bob marley is pure joyand rage and happiness and everytthing
Old 09.16.2007, 12:16 PM   #113
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
"Hey You Guys Up For Some Reggae Tonight?"
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2007, 01:29 PM   #114
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
fans of genesis tend to be a bit anal. and thin lizzy fans, especially irish ones they more than likely love aslan as well (if you dont know aslan, you are a better person for it!!).

hair metal fans as well, yganwie j malnstleemnmeem or whatever, whitesnake, dio, ozzy, etc etc etc, randy fuckin rhodes!

new wave flaming lips and mercury rev fans who diss the early work as stupid noise!

singer songwriter fans who attempt to put value on the works of james blunt and jack johnson!

man united fans are annoying, sorry couldnt resist!

fans of that almost forgotten goth era, sisters of mercy, the cure, fileds of the nephlim, christian death (to a lesser extent)

oi! punks who wont listen to anything that isnt spikey or crap! exploited, nofx, etc etc

i dont mind emo kids because they seem to just want to be mothered and educated and fed!

sonic youth fans, be honest, are an anal bunch as well!!!!
Old 09.16.2007, 11:36 PM   #115
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, most reggae fans, arrogant potheads.

yeah, fans of rush and genesis and jethro tull...also crimson and yes fans (like sy and radiohead and many others, brilliant bands that have dimwitted fans, not their fault)...the worse are the prog metal variety of fans.

serious fans of power metal are major tools.

paul: thin lizzy fans elsewhere are generally really cool, not a lot of people are into them, really.

adam: i kinda remember there's a visua kei fandom and bands around here that play comic cons and manga/anime gatherings, but i have never met someone who's said "i like dir en grey" my cousin from new jersey mentioned some chick into them once...actually, anime/manga fans suck because whenever you mention them underground japanese shit, they dismiss it as bullshit.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 05:45 AM   #116
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
man, try and find an irish gut in mexico city an slag phil lynott off to his face! if he is righteous he will probably agree, if he is a tol, he will kick you from the baja to the l;andmark on the other side of mexico which i cant think of the name.... is the baja in mexico or california? cant remember my geography!!!!

and then tell him aslan suck balls!
Old 09.17.2007, 06:45 AM   #117
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
klaxons fan, theyre just bellends, and theyre turning the uk into shoreditch,

anyone who listens to maximo park, hard fi or kings of leon etc and describe their tastes as indie but anything good aslong as its got a good beat,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 09:07 AM   #118
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
I actually found the Radiohead fans pretty cool the two times I saw the band live.

I was disappointed by the Björk fans at Rock en Seine (they're mostly poseurs - or rather poseuses as they were female in a majority).
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 10:42 AM   #119
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbars
klaxons fan, theyre just bellends, and theyre turning the uk into shoreditch,

anyone who listens to maximo park, hard fi or kings of leon etc and describe their tastes as indie but anything good aslong as its got a good beat,

guitar + longish hair= indie music!
Old 09.17.2007, 03:43 PM   #120
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
fans of that almost forgotten goth era, sisters of mercy, the cure, fileds of the nephlim, christian death (to a lesser extent)

What ? They're usually nice.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth