Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sleeve art
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.12.2007, 04:19 PM   #21
sarramkrop

Giorgio Moroder is hardly someone who makes me think of your classic examples of 'real' musicians, but still. Saying that Disco music is redundant is a bit much. After all, I can't claim to have experienced the music of purist rock fans who had Sonic Youth, Donna Summer, Belle And Sebastian and Espers all on the same ipod, whereas that's become regular occurance with my gay friends who I regularly go to clubs with and dance to House etc. Generally speaking most people are retards when it comes to music, but that incidence of retardness is no more present amongst people who listen to music that is not made purely by guitars, but also by other, erm, artificial instruments.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 04:22 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am completely mis-understood.

the TERM
GAY DISCO
is what I was referring to as "redundant"!! not the music!!!!
Old 09.12.2007, 04:27 PM   #23
sarramkrop

Ops! Sorry, I hadn't seen your other post, Rob. I get what you're saying, but do you realize that it seems like you are speculating that gay disco is a redundant term because it is made by real musicians, and not gays? I know that's not what you mean, but it made me smile a bit. You're still a top dude.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2007, 04:44 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
let's dance
Old 09.13.2007, 01:41 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Giorgio Moroder is hardly someone who makes me think of your classic examples of 'real' musicians, but still. Saying that Disco music is redundant is a bit much. After all, I can't claim to have experienced the music of purist rock fans who had Sonic Youth, Donna Summer, Belle And Sebastian and Espers all on the same ipod, whereas that's become regular occurance with my gay friends who I regularly go to clubs with and dance to House etc. Generally speaking most people are retards when it comes to music, but that incidence of retardness is no more present amongst people who listen to music that is not made purely by guitars, but also by other, erm, artificial instruments.

It's a good point (yawn, make some shit ones please) but one has to resist the prevailing wind, doesn't one? Or, better, provide some sort of contrast in order to avoid the stultifying hegemony of indie kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth