Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NYC Protest Anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2011, 11:35 AM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
protets seems like a neverending pelgrimage

what does help better is action in the financial system

1. become vegaterian

2. don't buy products tested on animals

3. stay fit and healty don't use pharmacutical products, medication ect

5. only be interested in modern information, no old information pollution nonsense talk

ofcourse these 10 actions are not rewarded with vagina

I see you've never been to Silverlake before..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Its nice to see Americans protesting without tri-corner hats from the 18th century or Automatic weapons from the 21st century..
Amen! Personally, I have never agreed more with Octavio Paz regarding the illusory, almost hallucinatory aspect of post-modern surreality until I saw the Tea Party, its like a damned Frank Zappa song or something, its not magical realism, its not magical urbanism, its not even magical suburbanism like the virgin suicides, not this shit is magical absurdism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im looking forward to the street barricades. i'm fucking fed up with this shit.

alas.. like I told some of my students last week when they began to discuss the merits or potential for violence, I reminded them that this "movement" has no cohesion, no demands, no necessary purpose, and so what would even be the purpose of violence in the first place? You only throw stones when there is an aim to accomplish. Plus, look where that got us in Seattle, look what happened in Cairo over the weekend.. The older I get the more I realize that prayer beads are the most potent form of political violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no, this is America, I'm fucking surprised that no corporations have stepped up yet as the "official corporate sponsor of the Occupy Wall Street/Occupy DC/Occupy LA movement"

haha! Told y'all

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 11:49 AM   #42
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
This occupation seems like a lame attempt to start a world revolution. It wont work.

If they begin with violence the american communist-hating military will probably get in there and mess shit up, I'm pretty shure.

People aren't extreme enough these days.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 11:52 AM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle

People aren't extreme enough these days.

what exactly are you suggesting? Do you really know what that means? Are folks really willing to accept the consequences? " them youth they live it big today tomorrow buried in a casket.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 12:03 PM   #44
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Just a quick one - it's interesting how one of the great victories of right-wing/ neo-con dynamics is that the kneejerk reaction is that of 'resistance is futile'. Now, I realise I'm a complete shill of a capitalist-apologist, but one of the big points of the 'right now' is that, regardless of the outcome (and that outcome is unlikely to be utopic), it's very important that people register dissent in whatever way they see fit.

By which I mean - regardless of the outcome, anyone and everyone should be in favour of this and most other protests.

[Just to make that clearer - on this one page there's Pelle and gast both saying either 'the right course of action is x' or 'this won't work' - the fact that this won't work isn't really part of the issue. It is unlikely to have the most desired of outcomes, but now is not the time to sit back going 'I would protest, but it probably won't do anything'. With regards vegetarian/ ethical consumption - this is a good idea too. It's not a case of protest OR ethical consumption]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 12:25 PM   #45
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
the thing is financial terrorism
and everyone that is getting rich or is rich
keeps their mouth shut like they have an omerta to keep

the poor are the victims
for america that is
70% poor
28% rich
2% extreem rich

these 2% + 28% have 50% of all american money
and that is financial terrorisme

not giving financial resources to the 70% voterighted poor
the money will always stay in their corner and family

the president of the 70% poor americans needs to take responsibility
and give a good quality life for all americans
with a good house, good education, good food, clean air and water ect

when the financial terrorism is stopped on the 70% americans
then you american people live free in america
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 12:29 PM   #46
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
50% of america's financial resources can't be in hands of -25% of the population
Old 10.10.2011, 12:40 PM   #47
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
We are defining fascism as the cooperation of the corporation and State outside of the oversight of the people.

"One of the ingenious methods that has remained below the public’s radar was started by the Rudy Giuliani administration in New York City in 1998. It’s called the Paid Detail Unit and it allows the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street corporations, including those repeatedly charged with crimes, to order up a flank of New York’s finest with the ease of dialing the deli for a pastrami on rye.
The corporations pay an average of $37 an hour (no medical, no pension benefit, no overtime pay) for a member of the NYPD, with gun, handcuffs and the ability to arrest. The officer is indemnified by the taxpayer, not the corporation."
"Police Commissioner Ray Kelly may also have a soft spot for Wall Street. He was formerly Senior Managing Director of Global Corporate Security at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc., the Wall Street firm that collapsed into the arms of JPMorgan in March of 2008."
"The New York Civil Liberties Union filed a Federal lawsuit ... (Martens v. Giuliani) and ... learned that the NYPD had arbitrarily established a policy to arrest and hold for 72 hours any person protesting in a group of 20 or more. "
http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/10/10/financial-giants-put-new-york-city-cops-on-their-payroll/
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 12:42 PM   #48
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
the thing is financial terrorism
and everyone that is getting rich or is rich
keeps their mouth shut like they have an omerta to keep

the poor are the victims
for america that is
70% poor
28% rich
2% extreem rich

these 2% + 28% have 50% of all american money
and that is financial terrorisme

not giving financial resources to the 70% voterighted poor
the money will always stay in their corner and family

the president of the 70% poor americans needs to take responsibility
and give a good quality life for all americans
with a good house, good education, good food, clean air and water ect

when the financial terrorism is stopped on the 70% americans
then you american people live free in america
Yeah, and in European/ROTW contries the heads of state are models of generosity towards the poor to rival Robin Hood in his prime. Let's just blame McDonald's, close this thread and send it to the moon. Oh no, wait, did Neil Armstrong make it back from it?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 02:21 PM   #49
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what exactly are you suggesting? Do you really know what that means? Are folks really willing to accept the consequences? " them youth they live it big today tomorrow buried in a casket.."

You are the Steve Jobs of this board, no matter what the issue; "Theres a reggae song for that"

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2011, 02:54 PM   #50
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
How interesting, turns out the first one in the Air and Space Museum was a right winger...yet I sure didn't hear about that on the news

http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/10/...-the-protests/
Old 10.10.2011, 03:25 PM   #51
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Yeah, and in European/ROTW contries the heads of state are models of generosity towards the poor to rival Robin Hood in his prime. Let's just blame McDonald's, close this thread and send it to the moon. Oh no, wait, did Neil Armstrong make it back from it?
neil amrstrong
no they don't make a journey back
austronauts are pioneers icebreakers that have opend the way to space to enter the universe
the way is open
there is no turning back in time
maybe for people who have the need to SF with timeportals and that sad stuff
Old 10.10.2011, 03:47 PM   #52
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
You are the Steve Jobs of this board, no matter what the issue; "Theres a reggae song for that"

lol!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 01:34 AM   #53
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
apparently mass arrests (no pun intended) going on in boston.
i was just there yesterday, i hope that everyone is OK.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 05:17 AM   #54
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That was just a thought.

I've seen clips from this and it seems very peaceful, which IS good but I don't get the impression that something is going to change after this..
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 09:33 AM   #55
tesla69
Banned

as always, pigs = pigs

Seattle P.I.

Police experimented with a new tactic Friday night as they responded to a weeklong Occupy Seattle demonstration at Westlake Park -- ticketing drivers who honked in support of protesters.

Starting at 11 p.m. Friday, police started pulling over and ticketing drivers who honked as they drove past protesters.
Old 10.11.2011, 09:50 AM   #56
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
fuck these hippies. today, I'm occupying my jobseat. you know, the one that let's me afford things like....soap.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 06:52 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
alas.. like I told some of my students last week when they began to discuss the merits or potential for violence, I reminded them that this "movement" has no cohesion, no demands, no necessary purpose, and so what would even be the purpose of violence in the first place? You only throw stones when there is an aim to accomplish. Plus, look where that got us in Seattle, look what happened in Cairo over the weekend.. The older I get the more I realize that prayer beads are the most potent form of political violence.

well, yes, you're right of course-- non-violent protest does not give the cops an easy excuse to start unloading their guns on you (even if they might still do it anyway). i was just in a foul mood when i posted that the other day cuz... i found out this had been buried by the media for a week until they could do it no longer... and i'm losing patience with the political bullshit going on. but yeah, non-violent protests are more likely to achieve results in the post-gandhi era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
fuck these hippies. today, I'm occupying my jobseat. you know, the one that let's me afford things like....soap.

soap? make sure to use vaseline so it's OSHA-compliant, sarariman
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 08:43 PM   #58
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i always befriend the rich.

an oilman's penis is consistently in my gullet.

anyone doing anything different is an idiot

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 08:48 PM   #59
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
No thanks I am the 1%.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2011, 08:52 PM   #60
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i am trying to impregnate some 1% so that i get some of their %, to increase my % standing by 420%... hopefully placing me into the top 69%.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth