Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Any Sebadoh Fans?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
After the SY show Friday night in Brooklyn, I met Jason Loewenstein. Pretty weird how it happened. I saw some guy at a bar wearing a Jason Loewenstein T-shirt, so I asked him if Jason has a solo career now. He pointed at the guy next to him and said "Yes, he does." Jason is very cool. I ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes about music and other topics. He currently plays bass for The Fiery Furnaces and did a solo record a few years back called "At sixes and sevens," which I listened to on Rhapsody. It was excellent, so I'm sure I'll pick it up.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 03:07 AM   #2
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome. I miss the good ol' lou, jason, and eric days of sebadoh.
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 06:02 AM   #3
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
jason is a swell guy. so is eric. i interviewed em for a fanzine back in 95 in dublin around harmacy. lou was busy doing tv like a rock star. nice guys.
Old 08.13.2006, 05:40 PM   #4
baby bulldog
bad moon rising

baby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's asses
Just got the III re-ish a few days ago.Awesome extras abound.
baby bulldog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 05:42 PM   #5
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby bulldog
Just got the III re-ish a few days ago.Awesome extras abound.

Shit, I forgot it was coming out.

Gotta go to the record shop this week.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 05:55 PM   #6
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Sebadoh is the shit.. actually all i have is bubble and scarpe because the other ones are hard to find and i dont know which is the best to get.. whatever, i like dinosaur jr better because they dont kill themselfs at the kroger parking lot.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 06:11 PM   #7
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Yeh I love Sebadoh, Bubble and Scrape is my favorite but I like everything they've put out really. I still prefer the Lou era Dinosaur Jr though. I met Lou after a Dinosaur show and he was really nice and down to earth
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 10:55 PM   #8
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I think Jason works or has worked at the local record store in louisville, ky... ear x-tacy. I'm pretty sure he also lives/lived here too. I'd like to meet him... and like even more to see the 'doh back together, classic style of course.

And the reIII is awesome. I love the bonus cd, that chunk of eric songs makes my day.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 10:57 AM   #9
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I love Sebadoh too. I used to listen to Bakesale 24-7 when i was in a band called the Tantrums. we covered Dramamine and Careful.

i lost the damn album tho, and ordered it off Amazon. But there is a delay and it's at a reduced price, b/c maybe they are doing something in the way of a reissue with that too...?

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:02 PM   #10
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Does anybody have the III reissue?

I almost bought it today, but I didn't know if it was worth it or not.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:36 PM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
Does anybody have the III reissue?

I almost bought it today, but I didn't know if it was worth it or not.

i have the original, and the last time i heard it, i managed to get until halfway thru it before i threw it away, i get very desperate listening to it. some songs are definitely good but it's just not my kind of thing.

but i don't know, it's supposed to be one of, if not their best.

haven't heard the extras except for gimme indie rock, the lyrics are better than the song.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 02:16 AM   #12
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I love em too

great honest rock'n'roll band

my favourite is probably Harmacy

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth