Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 10,000 Days
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2007, 10:11 AM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
"Useful Idiot," "Message To Harry Manback," "Intermission," "Die Eier Von Satan" and "Ions" just cut up the mood of the album for me. They don't help with the leading into the next song and they sure as hell don't stand alone so what's the point?

i don't agree, they work like greg ginn used to say about the black flag's funny songs, how they made the serious sound more menacing because the humour heightened them.

and i do hear a flow, if the whole sound of their songs would be unbroken throughout the album, then aenima would be very boring...that's what happened with lateralus, that's why that album gets so tiresome.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 01:27 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Aenima's got some killer tracks but it suffers some pretty obvious filler.

"(-) Ions" is just pointless.

that its why I like it least of all. the fill material just doesn't blend well with the good material from the record. so that one ranks lower on my list. I think that space on 10,000 days is more connected and integral then it is on Aenima. Lateralus was my previous favorite, but I just like the sound on this other one, it seems to be more drawn out...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 02:11 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
there is no filler.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 03:54 PM   #24
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Tool twice on the 10,000 days tour and the songs sounded better live, the first track is up there with the best tool songs for me however Jambi is the worst. I fucking hate that song. Overall it's the worst Tool album by far but still worth a listen once every 2 years or so.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 04:45 PM   #25
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
yes there is no filler, program your player with out these and you lose the flow of the album with aenima. i have a picture 12" with a 001 catalogue number with 46 &2, H and (-) ions
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 04:47 PM   #26
HairwayToSteven
children of satan

HairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's asses
I just seen them a few weeks ago. I don't think I've been to a show that was more boring in my life! I've seen Tool a couple times before and they were great. This time, not so much.
HairwayToSteven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 11:12 PM   #27
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Make a playlist on your media player and put track 11 and then 3 (in this order) together. Then get another stereo of some sort and play track 4 along with these at the same time. It's like a Flaming Lips Zaireeka type thing.
Old 05.23.2007, 04:23 PM   #28
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickerwelly
Make a playlist on your media player and put track 11 and then 3 (in this order) together. Then get another stereo of some sort and play track 4 along with these at the same time. It's like a Flaming Lips Zaireeka type thing.

Are you kidding? I will probably actually try this. I have too much spare time...
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 10:03 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i played kid 17 last night.

blew my mind.

if you don't know what it is, it's where you program two copies of kid a (one was on my tv playing through the ps2, one was on the computer...) to play, 17 seconds apart.

the entire album lines up in such a bizarre bizarre way.. and i know you can probably do this kind of stuff with many albums, but there really does seem to be a weird way the 17 seconds makes everything line up... i really was skeptical too, but ... man.

Old 05.23.2007, 10:15 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickerwelly

that shit was tight.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 11:18 PM   #31
deathbyfeedback
bad moon rising

deathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's asses
until i'd seen them play live (on the 10,000 days tour) 10,000 days didnt really grab me, but now when i listen to wings for mary the hairs on the back of my neck stand up (which is why i listen to/make music)
deathbyfeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 11:58 PM   #32
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
11 and 3 add up to the same time as 4, cool

kinda works but not really, virginti tres works with the start of 10k days but wings for marie doesnt work with it
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2007, 09:23 AM   #33
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i know it's not the right thread but, has anyone tried playing neurosis' times of grace at the same time with tribes of neurot's grace?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2007, 10:48 AM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha no i never heard of that, but i need to try that now. neurosis are great. riff goes up! riff goes down! such an inspiration to me.

Old 05.24.2007, 11:27 AM   #35
deathbyfeedback
bad moon rising

deathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's assesdeathbyfeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i know it's not the right thread but, has anyone tried playing neurosis' times of grace at the same time with tribes of neurot's grace?

yes, it fucking works. it's lovely.
deathbyfeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth