Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Coronavirus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2020, 10:29 PM   #1181
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Hopefully in the upcoming weeks, I get my "Spaceballs the Facemask" in the mail. Real thing, i can link you to the TeePublic store.
Old 05.26.2020, 12:07 AM   #1182
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Japans Lifts Nationwide State Of Emergency

“Abe told Japanese citizens to be prepared for a second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and added that a state of emergency may have to be reintroduced if that were to happen. The prime minister added that border control will continue to be hardened as the virus continues to spread around the world.“

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come
In fields of swaying rape
It could not happen here - Tibet

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2020, 12:29 PM   #1183
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
CMU researchers show most Twitter accounts tweeting about the coronavirus are bots

A few quotes:
Quote:
In a study that has gained recognition with national news outlets, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University found that much of the discussion on Twitter surrounding covid-19 is misinformation, fueled by bot accounts.

CMU researchers have collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or covid-19 since January, according to a news release. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% were bots. Of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% were bots.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2020, 04:21 PM   #1184
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, all the more reason to tweet/discuss anything but this topic. You'll drive yourself insane and apparently argue with AI.
Old 05.27.2020, 04:02 AM   #1185
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
In case any non-brits are wondering what the debacle about Cummings is all about.

What an omnishambles

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2020, 05:36 AM   #1186
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Thanks for sharing. Just in case anyone didn't realise this as I hadn't at first: read the complete collection of that story not just the one first tweet. Also, this reaction of a Sky news reporter is priceless.
Quite shocking that only 52% want him sacked, which means that 48% believe it's OK or they don't care.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 02:14 AM   #1187
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, that vaccine we desperately need? Yeah, no, only half the U.S. wants it after all.

This is hopeless.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 02:23 AM   #1188
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Hey, that vaccine we desperately need? Yeah, no, only half the U.S. wants it after all.

This is hopeless.

Hope they enjoy social distancing for the rest of their lives then...
Old Yesterday, 02:53 AM   #1189
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Hope they enjoy social distancing for the rest of their lives then...

Well, that's the thing: they're not, and they won't. As Paul Krugman wrote referring to the fact that over 100,000 people have died of COVID-19 in the U.S., "the worst may be yet to come. If you aren't terrified by photos of large crowds gathering over Memorial Day weekend without either wearing masks or practicing social distancing, you haven't been paying attention".

By the way, even though the Dotard has said we're gonna have a vaccine very very soon, sooner than you think, a beautiful vaccine the likes of which other vaccines have never seen, I bet you my ultra-mint copy of 4 Tunna Brix that —whether he's still president or not— he'll then say he won't take it because he doesn't need it because he's a golden god. Motherfucker hasn't even told his dipshit followers to wash their fucking hands.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM   #1190
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

I absolutely would get vaccinated but perhaps in a tentative way. I'm not sure I'd rush out asap once one is announced, because to some extent, I want to allow at least a little more time to verify that there are no major side effects, at least ones that I would much rather avoid. However, once all clear, I'd absolutely go in for one.

It also makes me wonder how much of a mad rush there were for previous major diseases that eventually discovered vaccines and if there were some waiting periods as well.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #1191
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Well, no responsible medical organization (which is to say none working specifically on a "product" for Trump, Boris, Modi or any of these FUCKS to take credit for) will put out a half-assed vaccine that hasn't been properly tested, with the side effects clearly stated "right there on the label". If the first safe one works only 60% of the time and gives you strong headaches for a week, hell, give it to me ASAP, what the fuck is there to wait for.

Now, HUGE caveat: access to the vaccine is the next real problem. Right now just getting a damn test is difficult - imagine what it will be like to get something that will protect you against the mother(fucker) of all pandemics. The World Health Organization is under attack: will there be enough international coordination so there is enough of it and all countries can receive it? Will countries have to BUY IT, will YOU have to buy it at big pharma prices? Will your insurance cover it? Will the uninsured be completely fucked? (Immediate yes to that question.) Will countries outside the "developed" world depend on Bill Gates and NGOs to fly in and save their people?

50575859 60
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth