Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Proletarian Work with Thurston Moore
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2010, 02:47 AM   #1
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
i donīt know if i am the only one but it makes it definitley more easy to handle shitty factory jobs.listening to songs like phsychich hearts or schizophrenia ( i love the new recording from the pitchfork sessions)while i get fucked from the bougeousie, its like... oh i can make it.youst dance, dance a mutty dance.without the music its not the same.without it i am youst a proletarian slave.but the headphones of my i pod in-then i do a modern dance (thank you lou you fucker)

so anybody else out there ?

my hitlist is:

schizophrenia,what we know,sacred trixter,patti smith match scratch,fuck me i am sick (mudhoney),and of course mr lou reed.i also like the new courtney love album.in "letter to god" she sung " i always wanted to die" i adore babe i adore.

another question: why does the youth never play dirty boots live anymore ? its such a good song and its connected wit the year punk broke/grunge time.
it seems that they stopped it playing roundabout 17 years ago and never played it again.what a waste.

...here we go to another working day i know

FUCK THE SYSTEM AND LOVE THURSTON MOORE
(i should kiss his dick )

thanks
flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 05:03 AM   #2
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard 'em play Dirty Boots live. I think it was '04. Want to say I heard 'em play it again maybe at Voodoo Fest a few years back. Can't be too sure.

Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow me to listen to my own music...but I tend to listen to stuff on the way to work....usually stuff to assist in waking me up.

Some favorites as far as SY are concerned:

Hyperstation (always sounds badass when still half asleep and cruising the interstate at 10:45pm dreading the night shift and in desperate need of coffee + totally loaded on nicotine)

Brother James (violent! sexy! everything my work place isn't)

Mildred Pierce (nasty without the aid of vocals, esp. nice if I'm feelin gross due to waking up at the last minute and rushing out the door feeling sticky and gross beneath my button down + tie))

Everything off that first record. R. Edson's percussion, man...wakes me up. Every time, every time.

Don't listen to much solo Thurston stuff when driving (rare for me to listen to it at all for that matter).

I do remember glancing down each time I got in my truck and seeing Lee's Amarillo Ramp (case) sitting in the passenger seat for about a week or so. That Non-Site #3 is a graet eye opener, too.
Old 07.03.2010, 11:00 AM   #3
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Thats the whole point of music and art. To make inhuman conditions more tolerable. It is a necessary function like water or shitting.
Old 07.03.2010, 05:09 PM   #4
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
at least they played dirty boots a few years ago.but its still a rare "sonic youth live song" i guess.the first i heard from the youth was dirty boots, because it is the opener of goo, wich was my first album in, oh 2006.for me its a very important song.if someone would ask me about the most "important" (popculture) song from the sonics i would say yeah man teenage riot, kool thing, dirty boots.the point is they played tr and kthing allot during the last years,even schizophrenia or erics trip.in my 5 shows i saw since 2007 in munic the played every single song above in every show i was.when i think back, i think dirty boots would have been the better opener at the "arena vienna" than bull in the heather.the location there fits completley phenomenal to a song like dirty boots.if anybode ever was at the "arena vienna" he will understand i think.but anyway.of course its their business what they play,but youst my thoughts to this.one last comment: dity boots has the only short kurt cobain style screaming part in sonic youth history shortly before the grungy solo comes in.love that.(and love it much more at the goo deluxe version ).

@ann ashtray: thanks for sharing your experiences with music during the business.

ps: would be great to hear lee2 one day live.another song from goo.ok it didnt made it on the record but anyway a excellent song.

yeah thats how it all started: dirty boots, lee2,cinderellas big score and tunic.this is how i felt in love with sonic youth.

flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth