Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Go! Team to cover SY.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2006, 05:58 AM   #1
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
I heared today that Go! Team are going to cover Bull In The Heather!! i know that on the video for Bottle Rocket there is a huge Sonic Youth sign in lights for a split second so they are deffinately fans. Dont know if its going to be a single or a B side?

Who thinks what?

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:02 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I saw that, but I've never heard any Go! Team, so I don't know what to think.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:05 AM   #3
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I saw that, but I've never heard any Go! Team, so I don't know what to think.
You'll love them.I've been a fan of theirs for ages.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:06 AM   #4
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold

Old 06.15.2006, 06:07 AM   #5
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of covers of "Bull in the Heather", has anyone heard this one?

LADIES WHO LUNCH "Present: Kims We Love" (Grand Royal) 7"
LwL is Kate Schellenbach (Luscious Jackson, Beastie Boys) and Josephine Wiggs (Breeders, Perfect Disaster) emitting plinky bleepy noises from children's synths. they cover 'Bull in the Heather' and 'Gigantic', hence the record's title. get it?

I used to have it, but I'm not sure whether I still have or not.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:07 AM   #6
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i love the go team, i read an interview with the main male song writer of the band (the one with the afro) a few years ago and he said that he was a huge sonic youth fan. and as you said there is a sonic youth sign on the video for bottle rocket, i saw that.

i saw the Go! team earlier this year, they were the supposrt for the flaming lips and they were excellent, had the whole cround dancing.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:09 AM   #7
No Star
little trouble girl

They recently did a gig with mike watt in aus, and they are supporting sonic youth later in the year.

Old 06.15.2006, 06:16 AM   #8
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The first time i have heard of them was by picking up a promo cd randomly in a shop.Went home,put it on and thought:''This is catchy!''.I liked the odd mixture of SonicYouthish guitar mixed with hip hop,sixties pop and stuff.There is not a single person i played their records to who doesn't want more.

Old 06.15.2006, 06:21 AM   #9
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
really dont like the go team..... actually there are 2 go teams the go team and the go! team. which one are we speaking of, the english light pop disc/indie/handbag or the other ones???????
Old 06.15.2006, 06:32 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
aww yeah! love the go! team, would love to hear this.
Old 06.15.2006, 06:33 AM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
really dont like the go team..... actually there are 2 go teams the go team and the go! team. which one are we speaking of, the english light pop disc/indie/handbag or the other ones???????
??????????????????????

Old 06.15.2006, 07:12 AM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
??????????????????????

yeah, this confusion arose before. there are 2 go teams.. one is the go team and the other who had the album thunder lightning strike is the go! team. if we are talking about the go! team. i dont like em at all. one of the members used to be in im being good who rock!
Old 06.15.2006, 11:56 AM   #13
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I really like the Go! Team. They are awesome live. And yeah, the guy that writes the songs talks a lot about Sonic Youth and how they are one of his biggest influences.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:15 PM   #14
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Speaking of covers of "Bull in the Heather", has anyone heard this one?

LADIES WHO LUNCH "Present: Kims We Love" (Grand Royal) 7"
LwL is Kate Schellenbach (Luscious Jackson, Beastie Boys) and Josephine Wiggs (Breeders, Perfect Disaster) emitting plinky bleepy noises from children's synths. they cover 'Bull in the Heather' and 'Gigantic', hence the record's title. get it?

I used to have it, but I'm not sure whether I still have or not.
yeah i have that somewhere, it's pretty good.
i'm quite a fan of the go! team actually, the cover should be interesting..
racehorse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:58 PM   #15
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Star
They recently did a gig with mike watt in aus, and they are supporting sonic youth later in the year.

Yep! I can't wait to see them so I'll check out that myspace page sometime tonight so I can learn a few of their songs!
Old 06.15.2006, 12:59 PM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I'll post some tomorrow.You boys and girls know how to have fun.

Old 06.15.2006, 02:19 PM   #17
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
the go! team are almost good, but their songs get going and don't go anywhere. one of their songs sounds like it has a sonic youth sample, though.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 03:25 PM   #18
No Star
little trouble girl

i have seen them twice now and the first time wasnt so good but i didn't know the songs cause it was like 2 years ago but since then i saw them after getting the album last year and they were brilliant, they tour a lot in england.

I can imagine this cover will be great. i will post 4 tracks now just give me ten minutes.

Old 06.15.2006, 03:42 PM   #19
No Star
little trouble girl

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=55965C3D22775181

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9C4968812BBF73AB

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C8E1D4B0725F91EA

other song was huge file sorry.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth