Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2010, 09:14 AM   #621
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
My perspective is from living in one of the most violent cities on earth, having had guns pointed at me in more than one occasion. I have a perception of THAT real world - the one you're not interested in. There is more to consider than white people paranoia.

Thanks for admitting that yr part of the world isn't every other place in the world.
Old 08.31.2010, 09:17 AM   #622
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
You should really consider not posting sometimes.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2010, 11:58 AM   #623
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/excl...pocalypse.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2010, 12:08 PM   #624
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

AGHHHH DUMB AMERICANS THEY ARE GOING TO KILL EVERYBODY BUY A HELLLLLICOPTER AND HEAD FOR THE HILLS CAMO PEACE TACTICS IN THE JUNGLE FLIP FLOPS AND BUTTON DOWNS AND THE WORLD WILL END VIDEO GAME VIOLENCE AND HBO SOFTCORE LITLE VIRGIN ANAL ANNIE UNDIES KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08.31.2010, 01:04 PM   #625
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
If you don't see anything wrong with the amount of bullets that those guns were capable of firing then I feel sorry for you. Those weapons have only one purpose death and destruction. That's the first place that some regulations on the industry could have an impact. Yes I realize some idiots will tamper with their guns to fire more ammo but there has to be a way to make a gun tamper proof. If you need more than 3 bullets to hit your target than you shouldn't own a gun in the first place because you're bound to have an accident with it.
Old 08.31.2010, 01:07 PM   #626
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
the voice of reason.

Old 08.31.2010, 01:30 PM   #627
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Shamelessly copy-and-pasted from another post in a different thread:

Limiting the amount of ammo a gun can hold? That would put soldiers and law enforcement officers in danger because they'd have to waste more time reloading. If you made a civilian and a military/police grade version of the same weapon, criminals would just find a way to get their hands on the 20 bullet capacity military/police grade models, leaving honest citizens with the 5 bullet capacity civilian grade models vulernable.
Old 08.31.2010, 01:49 PM   #628
knox
invito al cielo

Criminals do find a way to get the most advanced weapons that are not available/affordable for citizens anyway. So that makes no difference. This kind of thing is constantly taken from criminals:

Old 08.31.2010, 01:56 PM   #629
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Criminals do find a way to get the most advanced weapons that are not available/affordable for citizens anyway. So that makes no difference. This kind of thing is constantly taken from criminals:

Just look at that industry being regulated.
Old 08.31.2010, 01:57 PM   #630
knox
invito al cielo

I'm not going to make a drawing for you to understand it since I'm not a teacher anymore.

Old 08.31.2010, 02:00 PM   #631
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

I already understand what you're getting at, I also understand it's about as pointless as believing God is going to lay it on someone's heart to buy me a new Volvo.
Old 08.31.2010, 03:09 PM   #632
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Like I said before, 1,000 million legally purchased guns "go missing" every year.

a billion guns go missing every year?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2010, 03:16 PM   #633
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
a billion guns go missing every year?

oh no, they estimate 1 million.
http://www.controlarms.org/en

Old 08.31.2010, 06:22 PM   #634
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
My perspective is from living in one of the most violent cities on earth, having had guns pointed at me in more than one occasion. I have a perception of THAT real world - the one you're not interested in. There is more to consider than white people paranoia.

OK first, I know just as many black people... responsible people, that own firearms for protection as I do white, including half of my neighborhood. You just keep going on with the broad stereotyping.

I've lived in very violent places. One place I lived in Baton Rouge was very dangerous and is the time I certified to carry a concealed handgun. There was frequently gunshots going on up and down my street, in and around my apartment complex. Contrary to how you might imagine things, I stayed clear of danger, it's not that hard if you try. Many cases, I actually called the police. However, if the danger came to me (as in breaking windows or doors), I was armed and more prepared to retaliate than an intruder could account for.

One instance before, I was staying in a jetski warehouse that was broken into by meth addicts. My brother woke me up telling me it was being broken into and we locked our door to the small finished room we stayed in. I called the police and was on the phone with them the whole time. I directed them on everything. Through a small window overlooking the warehouse, I kept them posted. I asked them to not come w/ sirens so they could catch them and they did, even sneaking in through all exits catching them with their guns and flashlights blazing. However, during the probably 10-15 minutes before they arrived, one of the guys came up to the door and was surprised it was locked. He started trying to pry it open. They all had crowbars. My brother started making noise and banging back to hope to scare him away, if not just alert him that people were there. He started telling his partners about it and they were kinda debating on how to get in and so on when the police started to come in. Fortunately, everything happened in our favor. I will tell you though, it would have been a completely different situation had I had even a small handgun by my side. I never forget that feeling of helplessness and shouldn't deserve to be put in that kind of compromise at the mercy of wacked out criminals. I think they would have attacked us with the crowbars had they broke into the door, or chose to go there sooner, which till today, we can't believe they didn't do.

I wouldn't have taken the offensive at all and wouldn't have done anything any different, with the exception of warning them I had a gun and insisting that they stop had they broke into the room. If they advanced, I would have shot, no question about it.... but it'd have been warranted to save myself from a situation that I shouldn't have been in and that no amount of laws and stats could have prevented me from being in.

It's interesting that you refer to guns as a false sense of security yet completely commend something like house alarms. In many's point of view, reality is the complete opposite. Nothing wrong with alarms, but they don't physically protect you.

I agree with the majority of the sentiment in here that it's really varying factors based on where you live, but the one thing I can refrain from doing is speaking strongly against foreign and unfamiliar places because I have outlooks based on my tiny corner of the planet. The only reason you're getting flack, is because, you make it an insistence that the world should adhere to your outlook based on your traumatized (and seemingly over dramatized) existence.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2010, 06:30 PM   #635
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

I must spread some reputation before.....yep.
Old 08.31.2010, 06:40 PM   #636
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You should really consider not posting sometimes.

must spread rep....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2010, 10:29 PM   #637
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

First off, grabbing a random picture of confiscated weapons and eluding to it as happening all the time is about as vague and random as the media publishing a random picture of a dirty city street in Mexico populated by people wearing surgical mask adverting to "The Swine Flu: Epidemic". you are definitely digging hard and deep for anything to add some validity to your rants. It's getting pathetic.

Secondly, that is some bullshit guns. They are hardly advanced.... in fact, they are cheap and outdated. Those are $300 to 400 guns, including the larger one: a cheap AK-47 rifle. Compare this to the average $1k-2000 rifles collectors and hobbiest accumulate.

Your statement is ass backwards to begin with. Criminals most often use the absolute cheapest and shitty firearms, on the brink of not working most the time. One, they don't know how to maintain them and two in most cases are highly inexperienced with using them all together. They don't go shell out thousands of dollars for really or advanced guns. They just don't, I can't stress this enough.... and if anything, your stategically plucked picture proves this.

BTW, that green casing ammo is the absolute cheapest Wolf "Steel Casing" ammo as opposed to Brass casing and it will ruin a gun quicker than anything. A few sessions of firing that without completely cleaning your gun out (as criminals don't often don't) and your shit won't work right. It's what is considered junk ammo. Not very "Advanced" by any stretch.

What I'm curious about is where the fuck did they get those Grenades?

I'm not sure what your whole message is or your big picture with this posting (as with most), but what are you saying? To get grenades is strictly a military issued weapon. This looks like a collection from a small militia or something. You don't get them from the gun shop. You don't get them from Gun Shows. You can't order them from the evil industry. You don't get them in the ghetto. You can't steal them from the mass of incompetent gun owners. My point is, your issues have been all over the place but mostly but something like this eludes all the points you've made. This would reflect a negligence on a military level wouldn't it? This specifically doesn't look bad for the gun industry as it pertains to civilians does it? It would seem now that you have to morph your argument to the direction of claiming to disarm military's as they have some serious issues with liability and responsibility?

Old 08.31.2010, 11:10 PM   #638
knox
invito al cielo

That is called ORGANISED CRIME.
Criminals are trained, well-paid, and take over entire communities.
More often than not, the people in these communities wouldn't classify 300 dollars as cheap.
You have absolutely no idea of what goes on outside the US it seems.

They aren't bought from the military. They are bought from the industry, since they don't REALLY need to select who they are selling to on a world scale - no one is doing that control.

Old 08.31.2010, 11:21 PM   #639
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
More often than not, the people in these communities wouldn't classify 300 dollars as cheap.

They aren't bought from the military. They are bought from the industry, since they don't REALLY need to select who they are selling to on a world scale - no one is doing that control.

I just wanna see you offer a decent reply in response to his utterly brilliant/uber-observant take on the picture you posted.

Where the fuck did that thing even come from? He really made that shit look like some rubbish you pulled from the National Inquirer.
Old 08.31.2010, 11:40 PM   #640
FreshChops
100%

Quote:

Oh yeah, my bad.... I could have swore this thread was about gun laws as they pertain to U.S. citizens.

I guess I'll just level with you. At this point, I really don't know what you're getting at. Somewhere along the way you've backpedaled all the way back to damning the "industry". As nothing else on this planet is universally / globally regulated, I don't know what you're getting at. Implying maybe that firearm production and sales should be regulated by who? In many ways it is. There is heavy taxes and imports to pay on guns imported and exported. Manufacturers don't sell directly to organized criminals and indipendent malitia. There is always a legitimate middleman. Usually a legitimate militia ally or direct from allied governments. That said, there are so many issues with so many things usually stemming from a governmental level. This has nothing to do with the majority of sales accounted for that are simple civilian purchases.

Your argument is all over the place from what I've read. You first complained that civilians shouldn't have guns as it directly results in criminals getting guns. Now it seems your argument has morphed into an issue with an unregulated industry that feeds firearms directly to criminals. I'm just not sure where you are going with this? As with any other technology that has evolved up to this point, surely you understand they are not going to look back and say, maybe we shouldn't have guns, turns out they're dangerous.... and expect a global revoking of them?

293031 32 3334 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth