Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2015, 07:07 PM   #18801
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Huh? People have negative things to say about it? One of the most enjoyable slices of warm and hilarity; a feel good narrative. The worlds Anderson creates have some much depth to them, that no one else can even being to compete.
Old 05.27.2015, 07:33 PM   #18802
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
As Above So Below..

It was one of those absolute train wrecks of a movie that you keep watching even though really, it sucks.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2015, 07:03 AM   #18803
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Ex Machina was brilliant, so was the music score to it.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 06:09 AM   #18804
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses

my favourite part is when the tyke is about to jump into the hot spring and pierce brosnan saves him so linda hamilton cooks him an eggplant parmagiana and he performs magic tricks. then when he races the pyroclastic flow in the car which didn't melt when they drove over lava. or when the grandmother did melt after wading through the lake.

hadn't seen this film in a long time but was really struck by its condoning of cultural imperialism. was frankly disturbed by it. but willem dafoe is a god so idc lol

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 06:11 AM   #18805
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
oh fuck I watched the bodyguard too

and body double

and sliver

and body chemistry iii

my watching of which doesn't really make much sense cos there's no cocks but I loved it

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 08:31 AM   #18806
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

hadn't seen this film in a long time but was really struck by its condoning of cultural imperialism. was frankly disturbed by it. but willem dafoe is a god so idc lol

the "brown people are evil" show. you're right. it's digusting. the writer was this fascistoid paranoiac who is now dead.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 06:51 PM   #18807
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Very rarely can a movie be carried by its grandeur and creative visuals alone, but Fury Road is one of these instances. It's essentially an exploitation flick with a big budget. Had a lot of fun watching it. Right from the beginning it's almost non-stop action. It's actually all the more incredible that it managed to establish some very likeable characters amidst all the batshit insane stuff going on. I have no huge gripes with this one. Brilliantly shot, tongue in cheek and creatively executed. A fun thrillride.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2015, 06:58 AM   #18808
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Switchblade Romance

As seems to be the case for lots of people who've see it: I loved the first 3/4s but thought the ending, the 'twist', was stupid. Up till then though, brilliant.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2015, 08:55 AM   #18809
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, nice photography and atmospherics.

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2015, 10:11 AM   #18810
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

MR TURNER.
Goddamn Mike Leigh, he's done an amazing job, I haven't seen *everything* he's done but I strongly suspect he's surpassed himself-- this is better than anything I've seen by him. Beautifully shot, with a painter's eye, best cinematography I've seen in any of his films. The story is quiet, it's not like some narrative of great suspense or something, and it evolves in episodic manner, but the characters are strong and compellign and it all works very well. The performances are quite brilliant. When it ended it was like "ahhhh! that was good"

gorgeous
Old 06.01.2015, 08:54 PM   #18811
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Old 06.02.2015, 04:45 AM   #18812
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Spring Breakers

Watched it again. Kind of so-so, with all the standard Harmony Korine reservations. James Franco is great, though, and pretty much saves the movie.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2015, 07:02 AM   #18813
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I sort of liked Mr Turner. I didn't think it was the in the better ranking of Mike Leigh's movies. It was really pretty for sure. For better Leigh, I'd say Naked, Happy Go Lucky and Another Year. Spall has also been a lot better in other roles.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:01 AM   #18814
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I sort of liked Mr Turner. I didn't think it was the in the better ranking of Mike Leigh's movies. It was really pretty for sure. For better Leigh, I'd say Naked, Happy Go Lucky and Another Year. Spall has also been a lot better in other roles.

i saw naked and i did not like it. i'm not saying it was "bad" but it was definitely not for me because a) i couldn't understand a word the fucker was saying, and b) when i could understand him it was dark disturbing shit. i can't sit in front of that for 2 hours. but not saying it was bad, just that it was too successful in doing its thing with me.

other stuff of him i've seen
-a handful of his five minute films. nice sort of slice of life/social.
-life is sweet. saw this recently. iiked it a lot. timothy spall is in it.
-secrets and lies. i really liked this movie when i saw it many years ago. again timothy spall is the central character if i recall (the one who has the climactic speech anyway)
-vera drake. solid. good piece of social realism

haven't seen topsy turvy (want to), happy go lucky or another year, BUT-- my sense of his previous films (well, those i've seen) is that they're all about the dialogue. endless talking, and very good (and disturbing as in naked), but talk-based.

this film however is rooted in silence. not just because turner grunts a lot-- it's in the pace of the film. a lot of quiet moments. a lot is unsaid. i think that poor maid for example says no more than 30 words in the whole film and still you get her whole predicament. brilliant. but also among the "intelligent" characters and in every scene there is a lot of quiet. a lot is said without the dialogue that i'm accustomed to when it comes to a mike leigh film. where secrets and lies or vera drake were good filmed theatre, this one is film.

true i haven't seen the 2 before so maybe he's been testing that out already but this for me was a good big surprise. it's definitely a lot more than "pretty". there is an ecstatic quality about many of those images-- he tries to put you in those paintings, or behind the eyes that saw those paintings. in that, it's really brilliant work.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:22 AM   #18815
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think I hate Mike Leigh films because I am unable to draw meaning and intent from facial cues. I have always been horrible at it. My wife constantly has to explain why characters in movies and TV are doing what they do because I miss the non-verbal stuff that seems plain as day to her.

I think that is why I always loved books and written stories and not films, other than hard sci fi, action, and comedy movies. everything that is subtle, facial tics, eye expressions, body language, etc. means nothing to me.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:23 AM   #18816
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It's also why I HATE dance. I love TO dance, but I fucking HATE watching dance performances. I tune out REAL fast.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:24 AM   #18817
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

maybe a little autissss?
Old 06.02.2015, 09:48 AM   #18818
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
I followed up T2 last night with T3: Rise of the Machines. Will start the 4th one this evening likely.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:50 AM   #18819
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Topsy Turvey was excellent as was Vera Drake.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:57 AM   #18820
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

my favourite part is when the tyke is about to jump into the hot spring and pierce brosnan saves him so linda hamilton cooks him an eggplant parmagiana and he performs magic tricks. then when he races the pyroclastic flow in the car which didn't melt when they drove over lava. or when the grandmother did melt after wading through the lake.

When is Dafoe not good in anything? I just saw Red 2, he was fantastic even in that! Ok, Red 2 was pretty good all around but i also have a soft spot for Bruce Willis.. possibly just cuz he looks like my pops

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
841891931938939940 941 9429439449519911041 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth