Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Happy Birthday noisereductions!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2017, 08:24 PM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Do you play against the "computer," or are you using some new fangled social gaming app?

I think EVOL plays in arcades a lot. Though SF2 is available on newer consoles. So maybe he's playing online there too.
Old 05.07.2017, 09:47 PM   #22
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Do you play against the "computer," or are you using some new fangled social gaming app?

Both. I practice at the arcade by myself with the CPU. There also training mode, but I don't like using that as much. I use training mode to learn basic combos then I just practice execution on CPU(it's easy to do it on a training dummy, but harder against a moving opponent). The key to training against the CPU is to NOT be offensive at. A lot of AI's can be beat by jumping in all the time and doing the same shit. Playin defensive against a CPU teaches you to punish unsafe moves and basic blocking. Once you are proficient with your execution and defense, then you move onto the next level, REAL people. Online is trash unless you have no other choice. I fortunately not only have local competition, but also a barcade with a proper cabinet to play(Japanese candy cabs). This is where things get TOO real for people. Against a seasoned vet, it's going to feel like you have never played the game in your life. But that's just the nature of the game, the better player WILL win. There's no doubt about that.

https://youtu.be/Rt5Pudfzmgk

This video will show you just that. This is from a huge tournament CAPCOM sponsored for the 25th anniversary. Tokido(Chun Li) is considered one of the 5 fighting game gods in Japan. He was a monster when this game was new and he obviously is still amazing since he reached the grand finals. However, he stopped playing the game once SF4 came out. His opponent MOV, who was just about the best SF3 player at that time, possibly still is(I dunno though, he started playing SF5), was using a secondary character. MOV's main character is Chun Li. You'll see MOV(Ken) completely destroy Tokido. This is grand finals, these matches usually take at least 15 minutes. The whole video is 6 minutes long. This is precisely what I'm talking about. This game is really intimidating when playing a better player, you'll feel like you have no options.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention, Chun Li is THE best character in that game. And Tokido lost horribly with her. MOV most likely didn't pick Chun because A) its double elimination and he was in winners, meaning he's allowed to lose one set and B) Chun Li vs Chun Li is a fucking bore and a half. That match is so slow to watch. It's almost like two people playing battleship. Until one hit is dealt, it's just gonna be a whole lot of missing
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2017, 10:26 PM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Video game strategy in my birthday thread is so fitting it's awesome
Old 05.08.2017, 07:56 AM   #24
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Oh dood! I forgot to tell ya! The barcade got like 5 more candy cabs. He's putting more shmups in them(owner is a huge shmup fan). He's got me hooked on them now. Dodonpachi, Darius Burst EX, Omega Fihter, and another one made by Cave(it's in Japanese). He's got more but Dodonpachi is my favorite. That game is awesome as hell.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth