Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.23.2013, 06:22 AM   #3101
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
Ha, I've heard rumours about a Suárez move to Atletico, actually. Nonsense, of course.

The transfer rumours across the board now are becoming even more ridiculous than normal, probably because of the amount off management changes at the big clubs. If you take the English press at face value, Suarez will be playing for about five different teams next season. I'm convinced that if they ever allow cloning in Europe, it won't be the scientists they start with but the strikers.

Quote:
No, Pepe in his prime is impeccable, see the last euro. You couldn't ask more from a defender. He ended the tournament with two fouls committed, which in itself is afuckingmazing for a CB.

Fair enough.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2013, 03:20 PM   #3102
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

This is what y'all are missing. Psychedelic cup checks mid-layup

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2013, 03:52 PM   #3103
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Dream would have made that lay-up.
Old 05.23.2013, 03:58 PM   #3104
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Dream would have made that lay-up.

The cupcheck layup by Shane (as a Houston man surely you love yourself some classic Battier)? Probably not but definitely would have got that game-winner like Lebron had in fact, Duh, where in the hell else did Lebron learn it? Besides even JORDAN said recently that,"If he (Lebron) is going to the hole, I can't stop him."

Jordan ACTUALLY SAID THAT! And going left was definitely something the game picked up from Jordan, who was superb at driving left up the weak-side..

Love me some of the Dream.. Lebron reminds me of the Dream combined with Magic Johnson and a little bit of Oscar Roberston.

Old 05.23.2013, 07:03 PM   #3105
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
looked like hand ball to me
Old 05.23.2013, 09:10 PM   #3106
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Everton is the obvious answer

earlier today i watched the chelsea-everton match and it was okay but i'm not sold. yes, i am bundesliga-spoiled and hence hard to please but i can appreciate a good team regardless. so many fucking missed chances! but anyway, just wanted to know that i was for you guys. and no, im not a jinx, i watched the replay like 4 days late.

arsenal stuck on 4th... i'm curious about where they'll go next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
looked like hand ball to me

i know, right? this one is way better:

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2013, 09:50 PM   #3107
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
so Suarez can just eat him and have done with.

You mean that literally right?

Old 05.23.2013, 10:46 PM   #3108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
No, Pepe in his prime is impeccable, see the last euro. You couldn't ask more from a defender. He ended the tournament with two fouls committed, which in itself is afuckingmazing for a CB.

he was extraordinary that summer
Old 05.24.2013, 05:41 AM   #3109
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

You mean that literally right?

Yeah, although Pepe might not have enough meat on him. Just as well Suarez never played against Benni McCarthy. He'd have seen him as a running Eat-All-U-Like deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i am bundesliga-spoiled and hence hard to please

Are you 'Bundesliga-spoiled' or just Bayern spoiled? No doubting the quality at the very top of the Bundesliga but Chelsea and Everton finished 3rd and 6th respectively and I'm not convinced a typical game between Bayer Leverkuson and Eintracht Frankfurt would offer a significant upturn in quality. Same with La Liga. No arguments that the top two sides in Spain haven't taken a bit of a dip relative to the Bundesliga but would you really feel spoiled watching a game between Germany's 3rd and 6th placed sides compared with one between Atletico Madrid and Malaga?
Old 05.24.2013, 07:03 AM   #3110
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

Are you 'Bundesliga-spoiled' or just Bayern spoiled? No doubting the quality at the very top of the Bundesliga but Chelsea and Everton finished 3rd and 6th respectively and I'm not convinced a typical game between Bayer Leverkuson and Eintracht Frankfurt would offer a significant upturn in quality.

i really like leverkusen actually, and this year schalke has disappointed me (they've had their troubles), and frankfurt had done great, but this is not necessarily about quality as it is maybe "fire"-- which may be too subjective; but regardless, it's like they always leave the last drop on the pitch, there's always action, and it's always exciting.

regardless, i can't get every bl match on tv and i need an english supplement. i could like chelsea actually but hate the way it's run. no matter, i'll find a team to like one of these days. keeping an eye on liverpool, arsenal, swansea...
Old 05.24.2013, 09:20 AM   #3111
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this is not necessarily about quality as it is maybe "fire"-- which may be too subjective; but regardless, it's like they always leave the last drop on the pitch, there's always action, and it's always exciting.

OK, but then seriously, if nothing else, the Prem overall is about as all-action, fully committed as it gets. Even its staunchest critics will give it that. Everton-Chelsea was a rare instance of two teams with nothing really to play for but a typical Prem game certainly doesn't hold anything back. Watch a few matches at the start of next season and I'm convinced you'll be converted on that score at least.
Old 05.24.2013, 09:26 AM   #3112
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
OK, but then seriously, if nothing else, the Prem overall is about as all-action, fully committed as it gets. Even its staunchest critics will give it that. Everton-Chelsea was a rare instance of two teams with nothing really to play for but a typical Prem game certainly doesn't hold anything back. Watch a few matches at the start of next season and I'm convinced you'll be converted on that score at least.

i want to, i swear.

but maybe it's the all-seat stadiums.

the germans are wild!
Old 05.24.2013, 12:28 PM   #3113
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

This man speaks the truth. I think next season in the Premier League is gonna be a great one with at least 4 teams in the running for top place. Germany has realistically...Bayern* and Spain is always a two horse race.

*Dortmund have lost Lewandowski, Gotze and seemingly Reus. That's gonna hurt any team.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2013, 06:04 PM   #3114
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Here's a preview to tomorrow's game from the guy at zonalmarking

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...tical-analysis

No big surprises in it besides discovering that Schweinsteiger can speak a bit of Spanish and that Martinez is "the most German of all Spanish footballers".

And here's a photo of Michael Cox himself, who writes them all.

And here's an interview with him from a couple of years back. He really likes Palermo apparently.

http://www.tomwfootball.com/2010/09/...zonal-marking/
Old 05.25.2013, 01:04 AM   #3115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

YES he thinks (correctly) that martinez is very physical

HE IS A BASQUE FOR FUCKS SAKES. HIGHLY NEANDERTHAL.

so is my matrilineal heritage/ part ape-- for a reason.

ANYWAY good comments in all.

i don't know what dortmund can do to neutralize bayern.

MAYBE BREAK ROBBEN'S LEG?

that still wouldn't work.

my best advice is: play like mensch. loose like mensch if you must, but try not to. try winning, against every odd.

go dortmund go! go up, go down, but go like heroes.

i still favor bayern but you have my respect also. it's a great final! very well deserved.

Love,

!@#$%!
Old 05.25.2013, 03:03 AM   #3116
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Well I won't be able to watch the game tonight. I'm at a wedding! I'd be more peeved if it wasn't two awesome people. It's a tad gutting though, plus! I also miss the boxing. Why today of all days?!

Old 05.25.2013, 05:07 AM   #3117
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No doubt Bayern are massive favourites which may end up being to Dortmund's advantage, hoping that Bayern's players start to struggle under the pressure of expectation, and with memories of the previous final probably still looming in the minds of some players. I'd be surprised if that does happen (to any significant degree, anyway) but if Dortmund can frustrate them for long enough, I suspect it'll be Bayern who'll be the more likely to start getting nervous and become prone to making a silly mistake: perhaps giving away a cheap penalty or losing a player to an unnecessary red card - and if it goes to penalties then you may as well just toss a coin.

Only a fool would make Dortmund favourites but they'll be playing with zero pressure and with a strikeforce that always seems capable of scoring. The only question mark with them is how/if they can maintain that threat without Gotze. But if Bayern start well, maybe getting an early goal, and begin to take control of the midfield then it really could end up being a bit of a whitewash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well I won't be able to watch the game tonight. I'm at a wedding! I'd be more peeved if it wasn't two awesome people. It's a tad gutting though, plus! I also miss the boxing. Why today of all days?!

You should wear one of those radio headsets at the reception. Alan Green merged with 'Lady in Red'. Although you'll need to be careful not to let out a sudden "Stupid Cunt!" should Dortmund make a massive mistake midway through the father of the bride's speech.
Old 05.25.2013, 05:45 AM   #3118
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Haha I was thinking of that episode when Homer wears the headphones at church. "IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD!...to see you all today..."

Old 05.25.2013, 07:28 AM   #3119
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

my head hurts.

also, i am sorry about yuor wedding situation!

i'd say get a stream going on yr phone. because headphones, whatever, but seeing is believing, yeah?

my phone's internet sucks though so i can't guarantee i've seen it work.

i've bought brats and beer. it is true. it's also not even 7am here just yet. an alarm got me out of bed. unnatural.

in any case demonyo is right. dortmund has little/nothing to lose and could headfuck bayern. it is true. however this hasn't been a year of getting headfucked for bayern. they did it last year enough times. this year they went from losing 0-2 to flippling the tortilla 4-3 just last week. i think they are ready for anything.

and so is dortmund1 ha ha ha. i'm so proud of both. i hope it's GREAT GREAT show.
Old 05.25.2013, 08:57 AM   #3120
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, I think they're far stronger now mentally than they seemed to be last year. I'd like Dortmund to do it but my only real fear is that Bayern get into a position where they've pretty much won it in the first half, killing any real interest (from a neutral's point of view, anyway) in the rest of the game. A halftime score of 0-0 or 1-0 to Dortmund would set up the second half perfectly for me.

The pressure on Bayern will be massive, though. Not only because they're favourites or for what happened last year but because they'll also know that losing Heynckes will likely compromise their chances next year when they'll also probably be facing much improved teams from elsewhere in Europe. I can't see much change at Barcelona but Chelsea are believed to be giving Mourinho £100m to spend in the summer so if they click, and given the midfield they already have in place, we could see them being a real force. Not saying if Bayern don't win it this year that they never will but this is certainly the best chance they'll have for a long time.
106146153154155 156 157158159166206256 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth