Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Me vs. You... Why whats the point of it all?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2006, 04:45 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Please don't tell me... I don't want to know but these "vs." threads are for dipshits.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, you're from Buffalo! Let's make out.
Wait, what's this thread about...?
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 05:54 PM   #3
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Please don't tell me... I don't want to know but these "vs." threads are for dipshits.

most have already beeen dipped
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 07:26 PM   #4
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
rather ripped
pretty damn cool my friends
SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 07:28 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I think these threads about hating other threads are fucking lame.

You suck.
Old 05.10.2006, 08:38 PM   #6
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I was excited to tell you, but you don't want to be told. :[
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 03:27 PM   #7
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I think these threads about hating other threads are fucking lame.

You suck.

heheh I suck???

Haydenache-hole are are one of the most anal and negative users i've had the displeasure of reading many of your posts on this board, and all the while you also seem to have claimed at least once that you not necessary a Sonic Youth fan? then what is the point of posting here? you are either trying hard to be ultra-sarcastic are just being plain antogonistic, which in my book equates to lameness, with little else to do in life... thus YOU SUCK.
(granted i was abit harsh i'll retract on my use of calling some folks here, dipshits)

rather judge me by my comments look in the mirror buddy, may the truth hold dear in you heart.

i hate people who tell people they "suck" because they speak their mind.
grow up a little bit.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 04:09 PM   #8
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Okay, well, I'm gonna tell you...

I think the versus threads are pretty damn alright just because they breed discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of individual records in relation to each other and actually pose challenging questions for hardcore sonic youth fans. Like damn, Sister vs. Daydream nation, which the fuck of these great records would I say is better when push comes to shove. Or like records you wouldn't think about examining together like Bad Moon Rising versus NYC Ghosts and Flowers, so far apart and so different, but what's the connection? What's similar and what's different? What's stronger in their earlier records and what's stronger in their later records. I think its all good fun.

The one thing that bothers me is that I think people kind of fail to examine Sonic Youth records outside of each other and realize pretty much all of them are fucking solid. I, however, personally know that my taste in sonic youth records is in constant flux, and at any moment I can rediscover a record, get into the groove, and consider it their best, or at least reel real viscerally connected to it. Like, oh goddamn, experimental jet-set trash and no star is better than I gave it credit for. Or like, man, I never heard that within NYC G+F.

Hey, its discussion about sonic youth music, don't see why their should be any problems.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 06:11 PM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
heheh I suck???

Haydenache-hole are are one of the most anal and negative users i've had the displeasure of reading many of your posts on this board, and all the while you also seem to have claimed at least once that you not necessary a Sonic Youth fan? then what is the point of posting here? you are either trying hard to be ultra-sarcastic are just being plain antogonistic, which in my book equates to lameness, with little else to do in life... thus YOU SUCK.
(granted i was abit harsh i'll retract on my use of calling some folks here, dipshits)

rather judge me by my comments look in the mirror buddy, may the truth hold dear in you heart.

i hate people who tell people they "suck" because they speak their mind.
grow up a little bit.

Blah Blah Blah. The first two sentences are some of the worst examples of using the english language I have seen on this board.

I am not necessary a sonic youth fan? WTF?

I don't listen to Sonic Youth very often because they aren't one of my favorite bands. I get 'stuck' on certain bands and do nothing but listen to them for months at a time. Lately, this band has been Xiu Xiu. Does this make me any less of a Sonic Youth fan? No. I'll admit that I don't like 75% of Sonic Youth's songs but the songs I do listen to I love with every bit of my hipster-esque soul. CIS/KYI is in my top 3 favorite albums of all time.

Quote:

I am interested in hearing what you actually meant by this. Re-type, please.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth