Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hall of Fame (rock n roll ish)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The inductees for 2012-2013 have been announced.

RUSH

Heart

Donna Summer

Public Enemy

Albert King

Randy fucking Newman?

Quincy Jones
(as a "collaborator")

Lou Adler (collaborator)

while I know the RnR HoF is Rolling Stones magazine's personal wank-a-thon, and always chooses acts from AOR radio heyday, their attempts at including hip hop seem extra pathetic.

They put in Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, for ONE SONG

They put in RUN DMC

The put in PE now.

Flavor Flav always said Rap was rock n roll. in fact he yelled it a lot. Maye he was right.

Heart sucks. They have always sucked. fuck Heart. I hate their fucking shitty music

Donna Summer...I like some of her music, but she is no rock n roller

Randy Fucking Newman can go fucking die already. I hate that fuck and his songs and his music and his fucking voice and all his disney bullshit.

Albert King was an amazing guitarist, an amazing bluesman, and I love his music, but it makes no sense to me to induct bluesmen into the RnR Hall of Fame. None at all. Being an influence on rock n roll does not merit inclusion into a rock n roll hall. Just my thoughts.

Quincy Jones is a huge figure in pop music, and in music in general, but again, he does not have a rock n roll pedigree.

RUSH. What can I say about Rush? I have friends who are die hard RUSH maniacs. I enjoy several of their songs. I respect them for doing what they do for 30 something years. I think they deserve induction purely on staying power, fan base, and influence.

Just some thoughts.
Old 12.11.2012, 05:01 PM   #2
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
besides RUSH this list is a joke.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The need to graduate hip hop or disco artists to rock and roll status has been racist for years. It's only more acceptable now. Old news are still bad news.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I agree.
Old 12.11.2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I find Sonic Youth's ''Kool Thing'' a stupid and offensive song and video, now, which it is.
Old 12.11.2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

but kim's shiny metal ass is in it....
Old 12.11.2012, 05:32 PM   #7
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I find Sonic Youth's ''Kool Thing'' a stupid and offensive song and video, now, which it is.

agreed. its got some good riffs though!

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

I am the sort of individual who busies himself with trying to hear John Coltrane references in Nirvana's ''In Utero'', which I decided can be heard only if I listen to it locked in a closet buried deep under the sea.
Old 12.11.2012, 05:51 PM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
but kim's shiny metal ass is in it....

The cat and that ass is what keeps me going back for more.
Old 12.11.2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
the place seems like a joke. it dont deserve the term "rock and roll"
it should just be a museum of music
just like whoever else agrees that there are not "rock and roll" in there

i'm not sure how true it is that Rush dont want to be in it. just because everyone hates them. there'd be alot of pissed off people about it. and i'm sure there would also be alot of pissed off Rush fans, just because they (the nominators and twats who choose from bands) dont even give music a fair enough chance.

here's my view on Rush...i've been a fan ever since i was 2 or 3 when Closer To The Heart was a huge hit the first time around. i grew up listening to that stuff and yes. not all of their stuff is the greatest. shit, even the band admits to that themselves. but they try to change with the times. but guess what, they survived it all. they are a cult band and should remain that way. because, there seems to be alot of people who think they suck and that's based on Geddy's vocals. which yeah, sound fucked. but how is that anymore fucked up then David Lee Roth's? who gives a fuck about voices. it's about the music. and alot of people will shut them out at that point and just give up. yet, here they are. year after year after decade of decade. they are still here. it just can't be all about the vocals now is it? --=-- nowadays with Geddy singing the old songs. i can now admit that Geddy cannot sing like that, anymore. which is too bad, because i love alot of early Rush. i guess Grace Under Pressure was the last album i gave up on. it's got a couple good tunes, but they went to AOR at that point that they are just trying to fit in. unlike the previous album, which is all dark like.

or you know what'd be better. let's say Rush get in. they accept the award. and then once on stage, they decline it just because KISS still aint in there, and they were one of the first bands to take them out on the road. so i would hope it turns into a protest instead.
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

KISS not being in the rock n roll HoF is ridiculous

I agree that it should just be a Museum of contemporary music, or something like that,.

I went on a side trip to cleveland to see the HoF 7-8 years ago, when I drove from Houston to Canton OH to the Pro Football HoF induction ceremony. (warren moon!)

Getting to the RnR HoF was cool, as it is right next to lake Erie, but going in was a disappointment.
They had some cool things indeed, but it appears that the Hard Rock Cafes have taken most of the good memorabilia!
They had a fucking exhibit of "rock costumes" which was 3/4 consisting of pop shit like Cher, Britney Spears, and New Kids On The Block outfits! Madonna? wha?

so stupid.

Their biggest display was a tribute to Tom Petty.

Tons of objects from musicians and performers that have never even been nominated for induction are all over the place.

I did like seeing the giant fake amplifiers that Neil Young and Crazy Horse used on the Live Rust tour. That was cool, as well as an exhibit of Ramones clothing, and notebooks and lyrics sheets.

It was a big expense though, The Pro Football HoF was my dreams come true.

just very classy and filled with truly legendary (for football) items and people.

The room of busts was so awesome. AWESOME

If you are a american football fan you owe yourself to go. especially, if you are a die hard fan, go during induction weekend. I saw so many greats, and met some legends. I ate breakfast next to Bart Starr and his wife at Cracker Barrell! canton rules.

Earl "The Pearl" Campbell
Old 12.12.2012, 09:55 AM   #12
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Best anti-racism song ever. Wiser (and more incendiary) than anything than those Public Enemy wusses ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OchO-UJcslM
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2012, 09:56 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

PE rules man. Fuck Randy Newman.
Old 12.12.2012, 09:56 AM   #14
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I like in Canton! 10 minutes from the football Hall of Fame.

I was there once 15 years ago when some jock cousins came to town.
Old 12.12.2012, 09:57 AM   #15
evollove
invito al cielo

Fuck Chuck D.

He wouldn't know how to write a truly controversial lyric if his pathetic street-cred depended on it.
Old 12.12.2012, 10:25 AM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

street cred is overrated.

Flav always had the best lyrics
Old 12.12.2012, 02:34 PM   #17
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
street cred is overrated.

Flav always had the best lyrics

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH BBOOOIIIII was a great one

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Flavor Flav is the first taste you get in the morning
Your breakfast is the flavor
Old 12.12.2012, 07:25 PM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I am protesting/not paying attention until they induct the Cure.

If Nirvana isn't inducted next year (their first eligible year is 14, yeah?) I will never read another article, start another thread, or engage in any conversation about the HoF. Nor will I drive through Cleveland.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2012, 07:39 PM   #20
Signpost
stalker

Signpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that'll teach them!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth