Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2016, 09:05 AM   #1461
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
8 days to go, I think there's no problem. I'll still put $ on her to win. Any takers?
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 09:31 AM   #1462
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I'd be a little leery of the cheap meat, if I were you. The conditions in the slaughterhouses in Iowa and Colorado are approaching that found in the Jungle. I'm of the more veg and salad meals and less of the pork and beef. Food safety is a real crap shoot in the USA these days, so best of luck to ya!

oh hey man, i inadvertently missed this post and didn't reply earlier

cheap meat and cheap cuts are not the same. i buy the same meat everyone else buys, USDA inspected and graded, but i buy the cheap cuts.

the same cow that gives you the ribeye steak gives you the chuck roast/pot roast

the same veal that gives you the luxurious cutlet gives you the supernutritious and inexpensive liver

furthermore, i buy large cuts instead of retail bits

so a pork loin that's $2/lb gets sliced into pork chops and it magically goes up to $5/lb-- because it had to be cut and repackaged. roasts beat steaks & chops by a large margin.

large vacuum-packed roasts give you the best value also because of reduced spoilage. which means safer meat that wasn't handled twice. you cook & cut & freeze at home.

as for jungle conditions etc-- large meat processors have to be compliant with the humane slaughter act, which has been in the books since 1958... more on that next.

while enforcement back in the day was very spotty, these days cattle handling is pretty great. don't know if you know who temple grandin is, but she's designed more than half of the large beef processing facilities in the country. sure, the are cases of animal abuse but those are far from being the rule.

fact is, stressed out cows yield carcasses that are called "dark cutters" and are undesirable in texture and appearance. those are not sold to consumers but end up in school cafeterias, restaurants, the prison sytem, etc etc. so i can tell by simple visual inspection that my meat was handled gently (lol).

sure there is still a way to go in animal welfare, and sure there are boutique processors who exceed those standards, but american beef is generally very safe and of great quality, especially if you buy like i do, vacuum-packed whole roasts.

chicken is what i don't trust due to antibiotic use and bleach for processing. another thing that i don't trust are those tubes of ground beef that mix meat from 5 different countries... i don't buy ground beef anyway, i can make my own if i need.

as for salads, etc-- yes they are nice for the vitamins & phytochemicals, but they have almost no macronutrients. beans are great though! but i'm temporarily off starches--even my menudo will have to wait in the freezer because of that tasty corn.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 11:45 AM   #1463
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
8 days to go, I think there's no problem. I'll still put $ on her to win. Any takers?

Sure, no problem. Let's ignore evollove's warnings and just be complacent. The Columbian government thought the peace deal with the rebels was a done deal with the voters. Guess what happened? The BREXIT opponents across the pond thought the no vote was a sure thing. Guess what happened?
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 11:50 AM   #1464
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
The one and only way HTC wins is if turnout is high. I went canvassing yesterday, and don't think every HTC voter knows where to go or even when the election is. Statistically, if it rains, there's a 20 percent drop in turnout! Dems are scatterbrained and need your help. Contact your county dem office or go to her website to search for local info.

Or take a trip to a state that might be more urgent than yours.

Yeah, I fucking don't wanna either. I'm half painfully shy and half misanthropic, but these are dire days.

Imagine: it's next Tuesday evening. The TV is on. The results come fast and furious. And then you hear the words. "It's official, folks. America has spoken and Donald j trump will be the next president of the United States. Now back to our team for analysis."

Bothering a stranger for thirty seconds doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

Wise, wise words. I've been talking to a lot of wavering "progressives" I know in an effort to talk sense to them. But I really should do some of what you're doing. So should a lot of us.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 11:52 AM   #1465
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
A lot of Americans these days, white and non-white,

right, you're the one who started with the "pre-revolutionary white folks"

i just went along with that nonsense for a bit, to mock it

Quote:
are balancing two or three part-time jobs without benefits to feed their families. Slow public transit being their means from job to job, and the wife working as well, means there's often nowhere to grab a quick meal save for fast food joints.

if you're going to be in a bus for hours you can pack some cheese and peanuts and a REUSABLE bottle of TAP water and some veggies. 4 oz deli style mozzarella give you 32g protein for a whopping 87 cents if you buy it in the large package. peanuts have 8g protein per ounce plus 170 calories from good fat. carrots come ready to eat in "baby cut" packages. bananas are dirt cheap. takes a minute to microwave an egg. milk is $2/gallon. instant coffee is 5 cents a cup. cabbages are cheap and superhealthy. etc.

why pay someone to serve you unhealthy food in a paper container if you're making minimum wage? that's fucking stupid both for health and financial reasons. brownbag it, dumb sucka.

Quote:
Walmart gets their meat from the ranching system out West etc etc

i live in a ranch out west (i don't have cows at the moment) and cows can be sold to a number of buyers /resellers/auctions/etc. prices go up and down-- they've been quite high in recent years, are predicted to come down in the next decade.

but if you want to have a long-term contract with walmart you probably have to go by their rules which likely are designed to optimize the supply chain. DON'T want a contract with the security it entails? sell cows at auction.

Quote:
Yet more corporate welfare!

this is why i'm in favor of raising the minimum wage which HRC will pursue and trump won't

Quote:
You've just provided me quite the perfect example of that!

i'm not the one who drinks deodorant!

Quote:
Look at the actual causes of death in the piece I linked.
i did! it says that the death rates vary wildly from year to year, which actually disqualifies your reaction to the stats.
Old 10.30.2016, 12:38 PM   #1466
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016...acrifice-zone/
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 01:16 PM   #1467
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

Old 10.30.2016, 01:53 PM   #1468
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The one and only way HTC wins is if turnout is high. I went canvassing yesterday, and don't think every HTC voter knows where to go or even when the election is.

Halley-type comet?
Harrisonville Telephone Company?
Horry Telephone Cooperative?
Hungarian Telephone and Cable?
High Tech Campus Eindhoven?
Holy Trinity College?
Hangzhou Teachers College?
Harrogate Tutorial College?
Hebrew Theological College?
Hennepin Technical College?
High-throughput computing?
HTML Components?
Heat transfer coefficient?
High temperature superconductor?
Hanseatic Trade Center?
Harrisburg Transportation Center?
Hydrothermal carbonization?

Oh, wait, you meant HRC... I know, I know, "R" and "T" are right next to each other on your keyboard, whatchagon' do...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2016, 02:46 PM   #1469
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck the FCC / Fuck the FBI / Fuck the CIA / Livin' in the motherfuckin' USA!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Fareed Zakaria today on FBI director James Comey and his horseshit letter to Congress. (I had to type this shit, so ya better read it):

Quote:
There are so few details provided by FBI director James Comey that it is impossible to know what to make of his decision to inform Congress about new e-mails relating to Hillary Clinton's server. The timing is unfortunate, since Justice Department guidelines expressly advices officers to be careful not to do anything, through action or announcement, that could interfere with elections or the democratic process.

It also raises a larger issue. The United States has gone too far down the road of criminalizing public policy. When your oponents do something wrong, even profoundly wrong, in politics it is often best to treat it for what it is: bad judgement, bad policy, bad ethics, and then make the case to the electorate to hold those people accountable. It should not be standard practice to instantly begin searching for ways to treat that behavior as criminal.

This has been a bipartisan problem. When Democrats controlled the Legislature under the Reagan administration, they turned the Iran-Contra affair into a legal matter which resulted in the appointment of an independent council, years of inquiries, and bitter partisan divisions. Then came the Clinton years, when the zeal exploded. The investigations of Bill Clinton consumed public attention, cost tens of millions of dollars, and resulted in an impeachment that was totally unrelated to the original alleged offense: Whitewater, on which no charges were ever filed.

The last two presidencies have seen something of a respit from these witch-hunts, but it seems possible that we are ramping up again for a round of criminalization of policy differences. House Republicans are now promising years of hearing and inquiries should Hillary Clinton be elected President.

The FBI and the Justice Department in particular should stand as independent institutions, and not be swayed by demands made by partisans on either side. James Comey's decision to provide lively commentary on his decisions to testify to Congress, to send them raw FBI data, and now send them this vague letter, are all a break with longstanding practice and established procedures. Not since J Edgar Hoover has an FBI director positioned himself as a player in the political realm.

The power to use the State to put someone in jail is an awesome authority. It should not be used against political oponents. It poisons the public arena, it makes politics a life-and-death affair, and it reminds one of Third World banana republics, not an advanced democracy.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 10.30.2016, 03:57 PM   #1470
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Kellyanne Conway Admits At Least One Trump Supporter Is Deplorable
The man yelled "Jew-S-A" at the press during a Trump rally.

Old 10.30.2016, 04:42 PM   #1471
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Fuck the FCC / Fuck the FBI / Fuck the CIA / Livin' in the motherfuckin' USA!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Fareed Zakaria today on FBI director James Comey and his horseshit letter to Congress. (I had to type this shit, so ya better read it):

so, yeah I read it. I think equating Iran/Contra with a blowjob is a little too much for my sense of balance, though. A LOT of people died in Nicaragua during Reagan's bullshit proxy war there. The only thing dead in the blowjob was sperm, and that's only sacred when.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
Old 10.30.2016, 05:09 PM   #1472
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
I think equating Iran/Contra with a blowjob is a little too much for my sense of balance, though.

Agreed, and I think horseshit equivalency is the fucking cancer (well, one of 'em... If I remember an episode of House correctly, you can have more than one type at the same time, right?) of current politics. But I think FZ wasn't so much directly equating the two events as the parties' behavior, and he made a point out of distinguishing Whitewater from the BJ. In any case, I posted his opinion because it criticizes this Comey Clown rationally instead of just sniping at him from the void (not that the fucker doesn't deserve the latter).

But HEY, does that Steve Earle song ROCK or WHAT!

Old 10.30.2016, 06:02 PM   #1473
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Imagine: it's next Tuesday evening. The TV is on. The results come fast and furious. And then you hear the words. "It's official, folks. America has spoken and Donald j trump will be the next president of the United States. Now back to our team for analysis."

I'd like to think that in that scenario I would move to freakin' MARS and hang out with David Bowie and Matt Damon. My rocketship, however, will most likely be blocked from leaving Earth by the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse. It'll make me wish the planet had in fact been blown up during 1962's Cuban Missile Crisis — a much more humane way to go, you follow...

Old 10.31.2016, 07:44 AM   #1474
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Woke to Trump at a 21.1 chance of winning. Do you enjoy Russian Roulette? Does a 1 out of 5 chance of blowing your brains out feel like comfortable "won't ever happen" chance?

But SYG is on top of things. Strong arguments, interesting links. What more does a campaign need?

Here's what happens:

Pollster calls Person, who reports they are voting for Clinton.

Then I knock on the door. Turns out their car is fucked. Or they have to take their mother to the hospital that day. Or every Tuesday they work a 12 hour shift.

They've heard of early voting, but don't know where to go or what the hours are. I tell them. I hand them literature with an address and hours. They thank me. I thank them.

But above all this, merely knocking on a door, being a presence in a neighborhood, gets votes. It's been proven time and time and time again.

So I don't care how blue your state is or if it even has early voting. You are NEEDED.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2016, 09:16 AM   #1475
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Update: 22.7
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2016, 10:34 AM   #1476
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ah, fucking comey

why do democrats always have to get kicked in the huevos like this?

republicans are always willing to go further. this is why they win even if they're 20,000 kinds of wrong.

i've gotten some people to vote early (democrat, of course).

but fucking shit. these fuckers.

russian roulette: i might try it if trump wins
Old 10.31.2016, 10:44 AM   #1477
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not actually "allowed" to voice political opinions in public or to become involved in registration or campaigning efforts because of my job. Honestly I'm not even supposed to talk about the election on Facebook or Twitter. It's not that I'd be fired necessarily, but it wouldn't go over well.

I don't like it. I've always been active in election events. I've volunteered for the Dems in two states and formally worked for them in one. But now "ethics" prevents me from so much as putting a sign on my lawn or a sticker on my car. Which is funny, because law enforcement officials and Sheriffs and even Judges do this. As long as they don't piss off enough people that a complaint is filed at the district level, they're fine.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2016, 12:41 PM   #1478
ilduclo
invito al cielo

^ but fucking Comey can insert his mug into politics all he wants. Hopefully the first one to go in the HRC/TMC admin shuffle
Old 10.31.2016, 12:47 PM   #1479
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
^ but fucking Comey can insert his mug into politics all he wants. Hopefully the first one to go in the HRC/TMC admin shuffle

hopefully he dies in a fire
Old 10.31.2016, 01:38 PM   #1480
ilduclo
invito al cielo

or is caught in a J Edgar position....
64717273 74 75767784124174 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth