Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands that are quite clearly sh*t, but people (usually young people) seem to like.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2008, 04:28 PM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't hate the police, I just never got into them. Never really sat down and rocked out. I don't like pictures of Sting reading Jung, shirtless. They had some cool guitar lines, regardless.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 04:46 PM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fucking sting. I hate sting.
Old 01.17.2008, 06:29 PM   #63
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think contributing to this thread only contributes to the general air (that word again) and sanctimonious wankery which makes this forum such a load of cunt.

Having said that, I'm still perpetuating the nonsense. But then I'm happy.

People listen to things. I generally think you lot listen to shit, but I'm sure the regulars are aware of that.

It's nice to see Mr A. S. Park defending Korn. They were alright, and VERY important within an (admittedly narrow) context. Kids listen to what they listen to, innit? We weren't all born with amazing taste, and the majority of people fight against the trajectory of decent music. This doesn't include myself. What a prick, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 06:33 PM   #64
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser

pretty much all of these fake mainstream boring genric "indie" bands. indie rock died when pavement broke up and modest mouse made us puke with "float on".

Old 01.17.2008, 08:23 PM   #65
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
Second that!
They came from my hometown, so I should support them, but... WOW. Awful.

Sounds like Cowtown, Canada suffers from the Omaha syndrome, spread via Bright Eyes.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 11:29 PM   #66
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
uhhhh lets see
klaxons
most "indie" bands formed within the last 10 years that have enjoyed any success and plenty who have not
Old 01.18.2008, 03:47 AM   #67
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
uhhhh lets see
klaxons

Have you listened to the record ? I think it's good actually.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 05:25 AM   #68
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
I'll start with:
Bon Jovi
Duran Duran

Stupid thread, stupid question. You obviously don't even know any kids, and if you do, they wouldn't want to be friends with an old bitter fart like you. Bon Jovi? Duran Duran? When was the last time that you got out of your house and talked to some living and breathing kids? The 80's were over a long time ago, you know? There are indeed young people who listen to Bon Jovi or Duran Duran, sure, but I doubt that they are priority bands for the majority of them, when it comes to listening habits. And even if they were, what's bothering you so much about that? Did you miss your chance for some underage sex or something?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 05:31 AM   #69
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
The Smiths
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 05:38 AM   #70
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Stupid thread, stupid question. You obviously don't even know any kids, and if you do, they wouldn't want to be friends with an old bitter fart like you. Bon Jovi? Duran Duran? When was the last time that you got out of your house and talked to some living and breathing kids? The 80's were over a long time ago, you know? There are indeed young people who listen to Bon Jovi or Duran Duran, sure, but I doubt that they are priority bands for the majority of them, when it comes to listening habits. And even if they were, what's bothering you so much about that? Did you miss your chance for some underage sex or something?
Glad i'm not the only to think that Crumb's Crunchy Delights is a dick.
Old 01.18.2008, 05:40 AM   #71
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Kiss
Old 01.18.2008, 05:47 AM   #72
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Arcade Fire
Old 01.18.2008, 05:58 AM   #73
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Jesus and Mary Chain
Old 01.18.2008, 05:58 AM   #74
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
The Smiths
The Smiths are one of my favourite bands. And no one I know listens to them, or actually knows who they are. And if they did, Morrissey would scare them away, because they would think he was gay.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 06:32 AM   #75
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I said something that Happy Birthday didn't agree with about 50 threads ago, so he tries to attack me by mentioning my band on a thread when he probably hasn't heard them before. Pretty funny stuff.

Anyway, "Float On" is a pretty cool song, but I think Modest Mouse has always kinda sucked. Too much barking.

Old 01.18.2008, 06:37 AM   #76
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Birthday
scissor shite

[EDIT: Scissor Shock]
Fuck off.
Old 01.18.2008, 06:48 AM   #77
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Zero is a good man.

Old 01.18.2008, 07:00 AM   #78
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Kiss

I think Kiss 1974-77 is amazing. Maybe I have a pencil in my brain?
Old 01.18.2008, 07:54 AM   #79
Happy Birthday
little trouble girl

Happy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I said something that Happy Birthday didn't agree with about 50 threads ago, so he tries to attack me by mentioning my band on a thread when he probably hasn't heard them before. Pretty funny stuff.

Anyway, "Float On" is a pretty cool song, but I think Modest Mouse has always kinda sucked. Too much barking.

But I was only doing what you usually do - posting "Scissor Shock" whenever a list of bands is required.

By the way, I think zeropumpkins loves you.
Happy Birthday is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 08:20 AM   #80
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Oh god, my wife has a friend who LOVES Keane. It's even on her license plate. I can't stand that band.

what, people outside ireland and uk have even heard of them??? wow, im so sorry!!!!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth