Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2013, 01:39 PM   #381
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Exactly the same for me, but I've read that it's gotten better and better so I'll try again.

Exactly. It's like Mad Men. Let it grow on you, then soon it becomes the new smack.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2013, 01:39 PM   #382
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, with "Boardwalk" I never had to have it grow on me. I dig the 1920's era gangster stuff, enjoy the jazz music played throughout. Enjoy the whole look of the show. I know that "the look" can be interpreted as "pretty wrapping with nothing inside" sort of criticisms, I just never agreed with those that made criticisms of the show.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2013, 02:42 PM   #383
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I had a bit of trouble getting into the story and have to admit I didn't really like the look of the show, but the main problem for me was Steve Buscemi, who I've always liked but for some reason really irritated me in the first couple of episodes. It's back on my rental list now, though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2013, 02:56 PM   #384
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think I may have added also to my list of show topics I never want to watch again (cops, doctors, lawyers) , I added gangsters/mobsters a few years back. Sopranos was allright but not worth the years it took to watch it.
Old 04.10.2013, 09:43 AM   #385
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm watching Mad Men season 5 thanks to the NY Public Library and a rare useful use of my tax dollars. I'm nt sure if I'm going to finish it - its just a soap opera and the people are really less and less likeable, and its attempt at niche market is annoying.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2013, 09:56 AM   #386
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it is indeed a soap opera. Just like Sopranos was. The 60's were nothing like what mad men portrays, unless you only look at history through the eyes of wealthy, secluded, news-ignorant white people in Manhattan.
Old 04.10.2013, 09:59 AM   #387
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

have you guys noticed that no one on mad men listens to the great rock and roll brewing in 1966. 1967, 1968, and now 1969? Maybe someone should get Don Draper the first Sabbath album!
Old 04.10.2013, 10:22 AM   #388
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I'm watching Mad Men season 5 thanks to the NY Public Library and a rare useful use of my tax dollars. I'm nt sure if I'm going to finish it - its just a soap opera and the people are really less and less likeable, and its attempt at niche market is annoying.

i don't know what you're seeing but i'm rerunning season 3 now and i love the anthropology of it all. to see how barbaric it was only a few decades ago: "sally, go watch tv!" and people getting sloshed constantly. and how they treated women.

and then it strikes me that we are all still very much like that and the future is going to look at us like a bunch of neanderthal beasts with little sense.

i enjoy that lots.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2013, 11:07 AM   #389
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I still think that Mad Men serves as nostalgia TV for all the assholes who wish shit was still the same way.
Old 04.10.2013, 11:20 AM   #390
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I still think that Mad Men serves as nostalgia TV for all the assholes who wish shit was still the same way.

that sounds bizarre but i suppose people like that exist. for me it's like watching the lions and hyenas in the nature channel.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2013, 12:50 PM   #391
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
have you guys noticed that no one on mad men listens to the great rock and roll brewing in 1966. 1967, 1968, and now 1969? Maybe someone should get Don Draper the first Sabbath album!

Then you've clearly not seen season 5. Some of the best episodes focus on how Don is unable to adapt to new music. It also has probably the best use of a Beatles song in any tv show or film.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2013, 01:01 PM   #392
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have seen every episode. The Beatles thing was a toss-off. Don cannot adapt to ANY music. He seems to hate music.
Old 04.10.2013, 11:36 PM   #393
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
i have no idea why i'm watching, let alone taping He-Man. and the She-Ra is on after. so i'm just waiting for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to start, then i will hit record once again
Old 04.11.2013, 02:14 PM   #394
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
My Pet Monster
Old 04.11.2013, 02:19 PM   #395
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Survivor, the USA one, not the French one where they kill contestants and then have their doctors commit suicide.
Old 04.11.2013, 06:53 PM   #396
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
wallander

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2013, 08:05 PM   #397
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Survivor, the USA one, not the French one where they kill contestants and then have their doctors commit suicide.
hell I am so deep in this right now. absolutely brilliant. if dawn doesn't win that kindergarten next door to my house will be razed to the fucking ground. and seeiing as there is no way in hell she will, those little tykes should savour their juiceboxes while they can.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2013, 07:54 AM   #398
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Is it just me or have the first two episodes of Game of Thrones been FUCKING HORRIBLY WRITTEN????

What happened? any ideas? The shit was so boring! Wife and I watched episode 2 last night. Jeezy Creezy, that was a whole lot of nothing!!!!!

Did Game of Thrones jump the shark in the offseason?????
Old 04.12.2013, 07:55 AM   #399
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
hell I am so deep in this right now. absolutely brilliant. if dawn doesn't win that kindergarten next door to my house will be razed to the fucking ground. and seeiing as there is no way in hell she will, those little tykes should savour their juiceboxes while they can.

For some reason I cannot get enough of Phillip and his Stealth R Us bullshit. the man is DELUDED to a level I have not seen since the days when people thought Smashing Pumpkins was good.
Old 04.12.2013, 03:22 PM   #400
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

What happened? any ideas? The shit was so boring! Wife and I watched episode 2 last night. Jeezy Creezy, that was a whole lot of nothing!!!!!

Did Game of Thrones jump the shark in the offseason?????

I'm not hating it, but I suspect its about building up, most HBO shows start off slow, and around episode five or six something major happens just before the last three episodes, seems to be the structure of most HBO shows going back since at least "The Sopranos".
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
171819 20 2122233070120 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth